Register now to get rid of these ads!

I am taking them to the trailer park with me!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Guys,
    I am looking for your opinions,... Been told that I am crazy for my way of thinking. My business and Dream Job (Cowtown speed shop) has slowed way down in the last year, Almost Barely keeping the doors open....I have worked my ass off and give up alot to get what I have. And I still have little kids at home, Hell I got one that will be born in march of next year...LOL....Anyhow I have cut my overhead down about all I can....I have had some say "Well you can always sell one or All of your hot rods if things get real bad" I say..Fuck That!!...I am taking them to the trailer park with me!....First off If things get really bad, Who is going to buy them??....prices are already way down on cars due to the fact No one has any money to spend. Or so it seems.....It has taken me 10 years of my life, of hard work and sweat, To get the cars that I currently have....I sure as hell am not going to just give them away to someone with a ton of money, So I can make a few house payments and pay the light bill, Nor Do I want my dream cars in their privite high dollar collections. Anyhow just wanted too see If I am crazy for wanting to keep my cars over my house..LOL...It has not come to that yet,

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  2. Dirty2

Dirty2

I'm with ya Bro , been struggling with my business also . But hang in there , it has to get better .

3. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

What are you thinking of doing...is the opinion you need if its a good idea to move to a trailer park. If so I would avoid it if you can based on my past experience as a real estate agent, if you own your shop and its mix zone maybe you could convert some of it into a home and live onsite to cut out the need for a traditional home and save on a mortgage payment

4. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

in regards to selling your cars how many do you have? If you have a bunch keep one or two of your favorites and let the others go, your butt can only drive one at a time...when things get better you can grow your collection again

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sucks that the economy is where it is at. we all have to do what we have to do to survive. priorities up to you and your family. BS about politics should go elsewhere.

6. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

They are all my favorites....It would be like picking which kids to keep!..LOL......I already know I am messed up in the head As I hold this stuff in way to high regard, But aside from my wife and kids I do not care about anything else....

7. I love my cars too but I would not loose my house over them.

8. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Your right This is not the place to tell it like it is in our country, Some may get offended.....I will remove it...

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Hell my house is not that nice anyhow....Needs paint, and my new neighbors suck!....LOL
    Also, My thoughts are If things get real bad, what happens after I sell all my cars and that money runs out?....End up losing the house anyhow, Why put it off and lose everything I care about? I would rather Just go ahead and take the bull by the horns and get it over with, And try to keep my cars

10. Ya got to think how hard it is to come up with old cars but a house is like a politician...they are everywhere and a dime a dozen!!

11. There just cars,. They an be replaced. Took me over a half century to get the cars I have. But I'd sell them in a heart beat to look after my family.

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Everyone says that!!...And ofcourse I will look over my family, They always come first, But I can look over them in a trailer, just like I can in this house...Houses are replaceable as well......I think alot of people feel their house is their home, Not me! Too Me a house is just a house, My home is wherever My family is, And if that is a trailer or cardboard box, then I will call it home.

13. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

trust me I know what you are saying, all my cars are favorites but if possible see them as objects if you can, my dad always quoted a song to me as I was growing up and still does to this day come to think of it. "You dont always get what you want, but if you try sometime you get what you need" Just think what you need and not what you want, you want your cars but you dont need them, you just need to take care of you family and the material things in the true sense are worth nothing at all. If you see it that way I think you will find you already have what you need and you can get rid of the rest

14. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

at this point in the economy most are better off with money in the bank vs cars in the driveway, I rather have a instant cash reserve vs cars I need to sell asap to get money

15. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

Hang tough brother we have an election coming in november,Maybe things will get better.
    RETIRED IN A TRAILER AND LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You should know there are people who quit paying their mortgage and taxes 3 or 4 years ago and are still living in their houses. There are so many foreclosures the banks are scared to dump them all on the market at once. You wouldn't believe how many seemingly rich people, who owe $500,000 on what is now a $300,000 house, just say the hell with it and stop paying.

17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Interesting thread. If I were you. I would work longer hours and do whatever it takes to make an extra buck. I guess it`s no different than having a cash reserve in the bank, don`t touch it unless it is absolutly nessasary. Suck it up and work your ass off, Do whatever it takes to get buy. But the first thing I`d do this weekend is start painting your house, Sometimes we don`t like to hear the real truth. This is just my opinion on this subject.

18. Yes, you could see if the bank will cut you a deal to let them take the house, then you rent it back for some cheap price so it doesn't stand empty. Make them give you like 6 months notice before they're going to sell.

But I just sold a car I've owned for at least six years when a guy made a good offer who seemed like he'd actually do the car better than I was. What the hell. I'd like to sell off almost all of them at this point.

19. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

dont get me wrong, but with the economy in US, (and many other places) i`m glad i`m sitting in a little country in europe. if shit happens, i will never have to sell my house, worry if i can pay the electric bill, because of the wealfare system here will provide for me and my family,

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Not sure that I totally agree with that, But I never really new what it was like to have money in the bank, As I have always been able to find homes for those lonely extra dollar bills when I would get them....LOL.....I mainly started this thread to see how many guys here are as crazy as I am (who would keep the cars and get rid of the house) Looks like I am almost all alone on this one....LOL...Seriously, I am not going to go to no trailer park But if it were to come down to it I will keep my hot rods and move....And that is not a joke.....My business is strugling right now, But I plan to push through it, Like always......Anyhow thanks everyone for your input.

21. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Oh shit!!.......My prayers are answered!!........I forgot about the welfare system....No worries now, I am going to tell the ol'lady to go ahead and book the cruise....LOL

22. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

:rolleyes:

23. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

maybe i`m very wrong now, but i have the impression that you can go from having everything, house, cars, boat white picket fence and so on, to loose it it all, if you suddently loose your income, isnt there some sort of safety net provided by the goverment if that happens? see on the news here all the time about the US economy and how people get kicked out of the homes, please correct me if i`m wrong

24. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I have a friend who says nothing but good things about the Norwegians and their country. He has a 16 year old daughter and as soon as she turns 18 and graduates from high school he's taking her to Norway to marry her off.

As far as this country goes, things will never get any better until they take the money out of politics, which will never happen.

25. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I would rather sell my car then live in it with a wife and kids. I also wouldn't feel very good about myself as a man if I had a garage full of cars that I was cashing welfare checks to cruise around in. My pride has value too. Don't get me wrong if you absolutely need the welfare scratch then so be it but I would think that was the absolute last resort. get a night job, fix off topic cars on the side, sell some pot(j/k) anyways just do what it takes. good luck with your situation and know you are not alone, It's tough all around.

26. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I see you have your own website, but it's not up to date, "in construction", hard to make money that way; get that up and running. You also have an E-Bay business. Cut prices to the bone, and hopefully go with volume to make that up, and build the business. HAMBER discounts, or maybe a HAMB vendor. You could also go to work for someone else, and run the business (s) also. My daughters' Gymnastics Gym Owner, despite owing a gym, was working for another gym, in fact, a competetor in the gymnastic competetitions. He's no longer doing that however, and is concentrating on his business again. Butch/56sedandelivery.

27. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man at this point I am just making fun with my comments. It's late and I have been up since 5AM this morning....Shit I mean yesterday morning

28. anteek

anteek

You have had your prioeities all wrong,those cars should have been money you took home and paid bills with.Put them ALL up for sale at realistic numbers,keep your family and fix your house. I'm guessing your cars are under construction like your website and not helping you. Reality is a bitch;no one who is broke should own a '32,let alone 3, even if they are project cars, GROW UP,you are in a bind of your own doing. good luck.

29. outwest

outwest

Hang in there. I know how it feels. I sold my beloved 62 vette a couple of years ago because my business took a dive. I hated to do it, but in the long run it's just a car. Man, that was hard to say. By the way, I was born and raised in K.C.K.

30. This country has a welfare system too, but by the time you qualify you've already lost everything else so........
    Cowtown, reading between the lines, you are not at that crunch point yet, the perfect time to decide to work harder/smarter and avoid that scenario.
    It would kill me to lose the things that have taken a lifetime to attain, it ain't much in the scheme of things, but they would go before I would put my family on welfare in a trailer.

So yes, you're crazy..:D I mean that in the nicest way. I really hope you can find ways to avoid that impending nightmare.

Finding a workspace that you can also live in is something that folks do over here......it's not totally legal but there are many ways to skin a cat.
    Town councils tend to turn a blind eye, and sometimes it can be done legally depending on bylaws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.