Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP! fulton sunvisors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daisyduke, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

HELP

I'm trying to fit a fulton sunvisor to my 52 gmc truck but the side pieces don't seem long enough. If i put the side pieces on i haven't got room to see out the front...

Did they make smaller side pieces to fit them to cars???

I know car ones can be fitted to trucks.

Daisyduke :)

2. Crestliner

Crestliner

Have you checked, there should be adjustments on the side pieces.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Could you post some pictures of your visor and the "side pieces" you're talking about? I'm pretty sure I could help you out with your question but I am not 100% clear on what you're talking about. If you can explain in further detail, I'll try to help.

4. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Even on the longest adjustment it still seems to be pointing down to close to the window.

5. Squablow

Squablow

I think I know what you're talking about. The upright supports that connect the dog bone to the big sheetmetal part of the visor. Try mounting the visor up farther on the roof, instead of adjusting it up. know what I mean?

6. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

i can't post any pics keep getting error:mad:

So you think if i mount the sunvisor higher it would work?

7. mikes51

mikes51

I agree, I pic would be helpful.

There is a Chebby truck around here with one of those visors and the visor points down toward the hood, not straight out toward the road. IMHO, it's cool looking, a subtle thing like the angle spotlights are mounted.

Back to this truck, it's lower in the back and the seats are cut down, so visibility is not an issue.

8. Squablow

Squablow

If the image hosting was working, I'd show you a pic of how I mounted mine on my '40 Chrysler. You don't want the visor to be parallel with the roof, it should slant down some, so you can see the back of the visor from inside the cab. But it shouldn't impare your vision of the road, either. I mounted mine higher up on the body so the angle still looked right but it didn't cover up the windshield. Worked really well. Here's a pic

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=97491

I'd take a closeup of the visor mounting for you but again, can't post pics right now. You'll get the idea, though. Remember, the side mounting brackets on a Fulton screw on inside the door jamb, so the screws aren't visible when the doors are closed. Set the visor on the car and slide it up the roof until you can see clearly from the inside.

Also, there was another thread stared not too long ago with a Chevy Fleetline with a fulton on it and it was mounted in a nice location. Check it out

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59076&highlight=lovers

That's what it should look like.

9. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

10. 4woody

4woody

11. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Thanks we haad the instructions but not the dimensions list great help but don't quite understand dimension A and C.

It says dimension A or C is 13 or 11 3/4 i mounted at 10. Do i just pick number:confused:
    Daisyduke

12. Crestliner

Crestliner

Maybe I'm not looking at it right. It appears there is a piece missing. The stainless arm on the side, there should be two. One slides inside the other for adjustment.

13. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Something like this maybe?

[​IMG]

14. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

thats how i want it but how do i it. No matter what i try it doesn't seem to look right.:confused: :confused:

HOW please let me in on the secret.

Daisyduke :(

15. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Well folks just thought i'd let you know that i think i have the visor sorted what do you reckon?Daisyduke :)

Attached Files:

16. mikes51

mikes51

That looks great on there. What did you finally do to get everything to fit?

BTW, those three cars in the background look really plain being in the same pic with your truck. The paint colors are working well.

17. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Thanks

We ended up just setting the side brackets higher in the door frame.

I know what you mean about the cars who needs a Jag when you can have a Pink Truck:D :D :D

Taildraggin drove his 32 out of the garage for the first time today, all he's gotta do now is MOT it, Insure it and Tax it then it's road legal and we can go drivin....

18. Squablow

Squablow

Sweet, I figured mounting it higher would do the trick. I just went through this with my Chrysler. Looks nice, those trucks just don't look right without the visor.

19. The shiny stainless curved side brackets for the Chevy/GMC truck applications are actually in two pieces, the upper one fitting over the lower one. I was missing the uppers, so machined some new ones out of aluminum barstock. Mine needed to be about 8 inches long to get the visor to sit at the proper angle.