Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. spiertb

spiertb

#2133 is a '64 with the later hood and fenders, the Comet in #21235 is a '65 that the Cerullo Brothers raced. Syl

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

3. Paul_G

Paul_G

Seen at Lebanon Valley:

Attached Files:

4. Paul_G

Paul_G

From another angle:

Attached Files:

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Thats a cool pic there.

Mike I met a guy in Kansas City that has a Black 4 speed R code 70 sports roof that looks exactly like yours.Cant be too many of those around.Hes restoring it right now.I guess it was called Black Majic back in the day. I guess the car was a Rare Finds in an older Mustang Monthly. Anyway huge Nostalgic fan took these pics of my car at the ped. crossover in Kansas City. Just got these in the mail. First time I've even seen pics from up above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Hey Syl, You wouldnt have a pic of the 63 Sachs and Sons Marauder driven by Tom Strumn.Made a East coast tour late 63 did fairly well.I have a couple just looking for some more, maybe a rear shot.

Checking on the rear window regulator on the 64's. Maybe a mid year driver option as the Match racing Heated up

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;that guy took some great pictures!! Kinda cool to get photos from a different angle.Looks like you are surrounded by Mopars!What car used the blue on your roof?It really stands out in those pictures.I'm thinking of painting the wagon a dark blue,leaning towards the 2009-2010 Ford dark blue metallic. ROY.

8. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

9. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

I was thinking the same thing. Really great picture, frame-able.

10. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Roy

I like them too. Its too bad I dont have video of the car as it passes underneath. Something to try and do next year, It does look cool.

I was surrounded by Mopars, It was me and a 63 galaxie against Mopar Nation. Need more A/FX Comets out there.

The three colors on my car are all factory 64 Ford/Merc Colors, Wimpeldon White, Rangoon Red, Gaurdsman Blue. I agree the blue came out well,makes me want to paint an all blue car.

I was watching the news last night and they were showing a house that the MAN burnt down in your neighborhood.Said it was a bomb threat. I was thinking it might have been yours too much NITRO and those Eye sore Comets. HA

Let me know what you see at the Mooneyes X-MAS show this weekend.Sounded like 12-14 A/FX cars showing up out there to run.Sounds like Todd is Going to run his 65 for the first time down the track. Kinda curious on how it does.

[​IMG]

11. SOHC427

SOHC427

Todds car looks great, and gets that Comet blood pumping!

12. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;That house was in Escondido,that is down towards San Diego,about 21/2 hours South of me.Escondido is where Scrappy[John Richmond]lives and real close to Todd.I am not going to Mooneyes,I went two years ago,too crazy for me!!They don't want us small blocks running with them,quote,"the small blocks have an unfair advantage",WTF!!!!! Their will be at least two small block Fords there,Dale[Rosedale Rocket]64 COMET,and Ernie"the attorney"and his 67 Fairlane.I hope Todd's Comet runs strong!!! ROY.

13. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Roy- I'm stoked to be running with these guys tomorrow! I already know I'll be the slowest in the field, but being that I'll dial in with shoe polish, I still have a fighting chance. Ernie is already there, I'm heading out in ten minutes or so. They pitted us next to each other, no doubt to isolate us those of us with the "advantage". Thats okay. We all know where the Christmas party'll be tonight!! Talk to you guys , either there or here in a day or so!

Dale

14. SOHC427

SOHC427

Dale, Good Luck to you, you have a great looking car, and I am very impressed.

Ernie's Fairlane is a BADASS!

Roy, to bad they don;t like the small blocks..... Very sad, to me. When are we gonna see a BIG FE in your 65??
    Eric

15. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Roy

Sorry to hear Scrappys House and Nitro supply was burned down. Ha HA.
    Sounds like the same kinda politics at CHHR.I'm with Eric its time we came out there with the cutting torch.I'ts no fun putting Mopars on the trailer by myself.Promise we wont bring Eddie, next thing you know youll have a straight axle and a Cammer in there.

16. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

Roy,
    Yes I have seen the HMM article on Lane Carey's Mustang. Incredible car and Lane has put a ton of work into that car. I am very happy that a Ford is on top in our FAST class style of racing. Like Ken says, There always seems to be a few Ford's in a sea of Mopars.

Ken,
    I know the "Black Magic" car you are referring to. He goes by cjjeff, I think, on the Cobra Jet Forum. Our cars are very similiar, and I hope to see his car all lettered up someday when it is finished. Your '64 is beautiful and I hope to see it in person some time in 2011. I missed the the York Event this year, but heard that it was a great time.

Mike

17. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

Another picture from Sylvanus Pierce' collection.

[​IMG]

18. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

A friend and myself looked at this car over the past weekend and I almost took the plunge into A/FX Comet Clone ownership. Maybe in the Spring if the car is still around.

[​IMG]

Mike

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;that 64 looks like a solid car to start from.I can not believe how hard you FAST guys get your cars to leave on bias plys!!!!Your 70 is a great looking car,I bought a 69 GT in Oct.of 68,351W,4bbl.,4-speed. ROY.

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;you can bring Fast Eddie as long as he has a cammer in his hip pocket!!! I would love to have a big bad FE in my Comet,need to win the lottery!!!I totally understand the N/SS rules on no small blocks and respect them.The big problem I have with a certain promoter out here is he changes the rules at will,no warning.He had no problem with small blocks until my buddy Eric was runner-up at CHRR a few years back.I think he may be afraid of Ernie as to why they let his big-small block run!!! ROY.

21. cobrajet2

cobrajet2

Thanks, Roy! I appreciate the nice words. The picture in my avatar signature is a shot I am very happy with. You can't see it hardly, its such a small pic, but there is actually daylight under the L/front tire. And my Mustang is a 4sp. car. The faster auto cars hang the hoops routinely, but doing it with these tires and a stick puts a smile on my face.

Mike

22. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;I know you have heard the saying"Real racecars have three PEDALS"!! My 65 Comet is running a Jerico now but has had a T-10 and various toploaders.I would be proud too,your 70 blows me away! ROY.

23. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

VERY nice!

Makes me wish I still had my '64.

Thanks for posting.

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

25. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Thanks! I might contact the seller in Denver.

Wish it wasn't an automatic though.

26. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Sweet!

27. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Cool shot.

28. 65COMET

65COMET

JunkYardFrog;no big deal to swap in a 4gear!!!Jump on that wagon!!!! ROY.

29. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

I really like this one. Thanks.

30. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

It's been a long time. Not sure I could handle a tranny swap now.

Sure is tempting. I'll have to look around.

The price seems reasonable.