Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1946
    Somewhere in Kansas
    [​IMG]

Trojan Horse likes this.
  2. SSchevIMP

SSchevIMP

wow alot of these pictures could be blown up and framed. Great pics!

3. elrobo818

elrobo818

4. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

5. GuyW

GuyW

From 29 Palms CA, 1930s-1960

6. GuyW

GuyW

another one

7. [​IMG]

Clark Gable and his custom Dusenberg roadster. Back in the 60's it was part of the Gene Zimmerman Collection in Harrisburg, PA.

8. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

The "Townsend" Mobil Station in Viola, IL. mid-1930's just before they paved the road to make US 67. It was at the end of town and the owner's name was Townsend. The car in the 3rd photo belonged to one of my friend's Dad. It is in the yard of the house I grew up in which is about 200 yds. from my present home. Didn't get far in 54 years did I?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  9. My favorite right now. Wish I could find it bigger.

[​IMG]

Edit: Found it!

[​IMG]

10. Nice jeans there, Brian! You sure you didn't play bass in Prism? HAHA!

11. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

Yes ideed - Rita Hayworth & 41 Lincoln - Johnny & 32 Chevy.

A few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Is that Lincoln the same one that had its bumpers removed for the war effort.

13. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

14. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

I didn't know Poverty Flats was THAT old!:eek: Wonder when he repainted the truck:D
    [​IMG]

15. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

16. I've got to scan my oldies and put them on here. Wow, those were great....thanks everyone.....

17. Don't know why, but I dig the hell out of this picture... maybe because there is so much going on. Any idea where it is at or why there are so many people and cars in the street?

18. World's Fair
    [​IMG]

HJmaniac likes this.
  19. 1939 Hollywood
    [​IMG]

HJmaniac and Pauljrestomod97 like this.
  20. My very first street rod from 30 years ago (1980).
    -rear end and front brakes from a 56 Ford truck.
    -1967 327 with (3) 2s on Offy intake, progressive llinkage, 4-speed
    -Vertex Magneto

Way too fast for the youngster I was then. Would love to know where that car is now.

[​IMG]

21. * * * 1927 Ford Track Roadster * * *
    My very first street rod from 30 years ago (1980).
    -rear end and front brakes from a 56 Ford truck.
    -1967 327 with (3) 2s on Offy intake, progressive llinkage, 4-speed
    -Vertex Magneto

Way too fast for the youngster I was then. Would love to know where that car is now.

[​IMG]

22. Is this the factory shop where they bring the ones that wouldn't run off the assembly line?

old digger likes this.
  23. The US Capitol building is in the background. Probably Inauguration Day in the Twenties.

24. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Good eye amigo.
    Sep 30 1918 President Wilson is leading the Fourth Liberty Loan Bond Drive (encouraging citizens to buy war stamps) at the corner of 15th and E St (nearby Pennsylvania Av) in the right hand corner is the famous Polis Theatre - home of The American Opera Troupe and place to be seen for DC cultural events.
    Two days earlier he and the enterarge were doing the same parade down 5th av in NYC.
    Later that day he addressed Congress and pushed for woman's sufferage as another positive response to the War effort.
    Similar events were held all over The Country that year.
    [​IMG]
    Washington Post, Sep 30, 1918
    SOUSA TO HELP LOAN
    Band of 300 Pieces Here Today for Parade and Concerts
    Banks Will Remain Open Tonight and Tomorrow Night Until 9 O'Clock to Encourage Early Pledges - Part Payments of $5 and $10 Monthly on $50 and $100 Bonds Will Be Taken by Banks
    Led by John Phillip Sousa, the famous Great Lakes Naval Band, which includes more than 300 pieces, will give a series of concerts today to help subscriptions to the fourth liberty loan. The band is bigger and better this year than ever, and will be turned over to the liberty loan committee of the District for the entire day and evening.

The band will head a big parade through the streets this afternoon, will give two concerts during the day, and will provide a musical climax for the evening at a mass meeting to be held at 7:30 o'clock in Liberty Hut.
    The Sousa Band will arrive early this morning on a special train, which is used throughout the country on behalf of the fourth liberty loan ... The band will proceed along B street west to Pennsylvania avenue, west along Pennsylvania avenue to Fourteenth street to H, west on H to Nineteenth street and Pennsylvania avenue, then east on Pennsylvania avenue to East Executive avenue, and south on Executive avenue to the south steps of the Treasury were a second big concert will be given at 4:30.

To offer every facility to the people for entering their subscriptions early all banks will remain open until 9 o'clock tonight and tomorrow. Every bank will help persons of small means own a liberty bond by accepting $5 cash and $5 a month on a $40 bond and $10 cash and $10 a month on a $100 bond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.