Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Guernsey boys model A coupe build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Guernsey boy, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TV

TV

I have seen this kind of work before, You have a lot of talent, this can't be your first car you have worked on? My hat is off to you GREAt WORK hang in there your almost done.--TV

2. You've heard it before......
    Where the F was I that I haven't seen this before?

Just admiring your work. First class stuff.

Thanks.

3. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

great work! i went from, "i can't believe he is going to cut that car up," to, "that's beautiful work- i'm thrilled it's in good hands," in no time at all!!!

4. Inspirational metal skills Neil. You car is looking great!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Truely stunning, makes me want to try harder with my 26 T, WAY cooool !!!!!!!!!! JW :)

6. Thanks :)

So my rubbish bin sourced fuel tank turned out to be corroded all the way through so it went back in the shit can. Being a sign maker came in handy again as we keep 1/8" aluminium sheet for making signs and my boss told me to help myself so i cut up some pieces and popped down the road to see Lash the welder, he rules at Ali TIG welding.

[​IMG]

While he was buzzing away on the tank i came home to make a frame for the tank to sit in, the tank will be held down with black leather straps once complete (belts :p).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Awesome build man, digging the tank and frame too.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. Absolutely inspiring! I just read the thread from the beginning, and I love it. I think I am going to spend the afternoon in the garage! Thanks, and keep up the good work.

9. salf100

salf100

You are not working fast enough for our enjoyment ! Love the build, masterful work!

10. domingo

domingo
    from Lima, Peru

11. Can't tell you what to do about chopping the A-bone - but the house in the background looks waaay better with a chop.

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'll make a matching frame for the battery, which will be mounted to the left of the fuel tank. All this will be enclosed with a bulkhead when i trim the trunk so it's a probably a big waste of time... fun to make though.

13. Mart

Mart

Like the U-bolts with the leather strap - good idea.

Mart.

14. Noland

Noland

looking very good. your headers look killer.

15. Had a couple of hours spare tonight and enough material left over from the tank mount to bang out a battery holder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I decided to make an aluminium bolt in trunk floor for ease of maintenance in the future. I'm happy with how much luggage space i've ended up with considering that this is a channeled car with a Z'd frame.

Trunk space is pretty important as i plan on taking the car on plenty of road-trips to the the UK and europe so i'll need to fit tents and stuff in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My mate Larby at A-tec engineering did a great job on spinning me up an outlet bung for the gas tank, and a very pretty filler neck and screw on brass cap. I must have screwed and unscrewed the cap 10 times or so already, it's one of those really satisfying threads... i'm sure you guys know what i mean. my girlfriend sure didn't, she called me a weirdo. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

catdad49 likes this.
  17. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

WOW! Subscribed.

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Only 10 times? That brass cap is gorgeous.

19. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Why wou you want anybodies input? looks like you got it handled just fine!

my only input is.......why are you drinking American nascar beer:D If you must make it rolling rock, best Russ

20. Drivinford

Drivinford

wow thats awsome work.

21. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

You should have told her, "c'mon, liking to screw is normal" or thereabouts.

22. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Could ur friend be my freind...that some damn nice work on the filler neck...I want one!...lol

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Holy shit what an awesome build! Cant believe I just found this thread ! I love builds like this....I feel like such a hack now !!

24. BigJoeArt

BigJoeArt

man you have done some awesome work so far! can't wait to see how it turns out!

25. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Work on everything I see .I love the Lucas Battery ,I ( recently aquired a 1954 Rover 90 ) at an Estate Auction ,very cool car. Keep up the Great work .

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

where'd all the pics go?...please put them back up...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. salf100

salf100

Any status ??

28. Just a quick update to say that i've sorted all the missing pictures, all the way back to the very first post. The site that i was using to host the photos shat out and all the pics disappeared so i had to rehost them all and edit every single link which took about 5 hours. :mad:

anyway, thats done now so more updates soon :)

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. Dig the Marshall amp in the fuel tank pic !