Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots! ..lost one tonite......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I am truly saddened to hear of your loss. I know mine is like a 4th child to me. It hurts I know. I wish you better days. We have no better companions than our dogs.

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Murf sorry to hear about your loss! Hang in there man!

3. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

Sorry about your friend..

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Sorry to hear this , Lost Sweetie and Yukon both this year, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Sorry to hear about your loss and everyones loss of their best bud. Lost my girl in my Avatar last year and i was sick. But as they say It is known that they wait patiently for all of us at the end of the rainbow. We will all meet our best friends again.

6. brewster55

brewster55

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

truly sorry for your loss

8. Thanks very much for your thoughts and comments.

Murph

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Lady is hanging in there, thought for sure I would have to post her being gone here, she's a fighter and is getting stronger

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey Brewster55, that is an awesome photo!

It made me laught and I hope it makes Murph, dragsled and Harley contracer feel a bit better

11. It does...Imagine the Licks when you get home from those two.....Thanks

12. makes me sad to see tat ths thread i started has been needed once again....but its a good thread to help with the healing that ya think will never mend....

Brewster, great boxer babies!!!!i happened to end up with a pair meself...brother sister combo......total quirk of fate i guess......

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Topo, I know what your going through. Almost four years ago my best friend Molly a black Lab was killed chasing two squirrels and ran into an SUV. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. We now have a yellow Lab Maggie whose trying very hard to be my new best friend. Getting another dog helps a little. Sorry for your loss.

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Lady didn't make it, she had been gaining strength and just went downhill suddenly, Bubba is beside himself, he was pawing at her and licking her and howling,she died in my arms, I buried her by the river where I bury the ones I lose, just as predicted when Bambi showed up I knew I was going to lose one. it happens every time, when one is about to die God sends me another furry lost soul

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  15. Larjk9

Larjk9

They're never really gone as long as you remember them with a smile. Sorry to hear that you're hurting.

16. Paul B

Paul B

Here's my buddy Fritz taking a break at the Rumblers show

Attached Files:

17. ninosdad

ninosdad

Shows how cool you and your belove dog are if he could sing along with Lowell George...little feat were the best and the live CD is in my dash today. You have my sympathy and your buddy is riding the wind intothe great unknown, but know he carries you with him! Worst part of about pets is this part.

18. . Still hurts, but this helps a little..............

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
    As I cradled her in my arms.
    Were of her younger, puppy years,
    And OH...her many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
    With an intense "I love you gaze",
    Only a heart thats filled with tears
    Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
    And he said, "You should cry no more,
    GOD also loves our canine friends,
    HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Time to get another dog, me thinks. Gary

Why some folks have dogs, and not a spouse:

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
    2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
    3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
    4. A dog's parents never visit.
    5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
    6. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.
    7. Dogs like to go for long rides, for no reason at all.
    8. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"
    9. If a dog has babies, you can sell them or give them away.
    10. A dog doesn't care if you walk around the house naked every now and then.
    11. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad, they just think it's interesting

And last, but not least:

12. If a dog leaves, it won't take any of your stuff.

20. Deuces

Deuces

That's cool!....^^^:D

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's impossible to explain to people who aren't crazy about their pets like we are how we feel about our furry little buddies. I know when they see these threads they think we are nuts, or soft, or both. But those of us who consider our pets members of our families understand and each of us feels terrible when something happens to one of them, and it brings back memories of losing our own pets when someone posts about losing one of theirs.

I'm not ashamed to say I have cried like a baby when I lost Scooter and Sniffy, my two cats who had been with me for about 17 years. It took a long time before I could even look at a picture of them and not tear up. After they passed I swore I would never have another one because I didn't want to ever go through that again, but then Lucky came into my life by accident, and I am so glad to have him.

I'm so very sorry to hear in this thread about the wonderful pets who we loved and who have passed on. The only consolation is that we gave them a great home and lots of love, which is more than a lot of animals ever have the chance to experience. Every night I feed a bunch of cats that come to my shop for dinner and my heart breaks for them because they lead such a hard life living in the wild. But at least I know they go to sleep every night not hungry. :)

Sniffy and Scooter always had to be in on the action at the shop, sitting in their own chairs supervising.

[​IMG]

And some of the ones who stop by the shop every night. If I am a few minutes late they are all sitting on the trailer waiting for me.

[​IMG]

Don

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    wraymen and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

I found this little guy under my Mustang on a "cold" October morning at 3:00 am... I was leaving the house to go get some smokes at the corner gas station... And I heard him crying under there... Long story short, I gave him a home...:)
    This was in '09...

Attached Files:

SLCK64 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. beautiful dog !!! It really sucks having to lose our most loyal freinds. Sorry for your loss.

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Lady my standard Manchester always had to sleep under the covers no matter what, I still keep expecting her to jump up on the bed and head butt me to tell me she's ready to go to sleep. I had to bury her in a blanket, now of course I have this beautiful brindle pitt mix who thinks she's a lap dog, so stubborn, she showed up at exactly the right time. It's hard to watch tv through a big old brindly colored head,, if you lose one go save yourself one, they know that you saved them somehow and are eternally grateful for a chance to live instead of being put down as a stray, I think your lost furry buddy would agree and wouldn't want you to be by yourself without four paws watching out for you

25. I'm sorry for all of you who have lost a loyal friend. I lost three dogs last year. There were all 13 years old. Maybe I'm a wuss. I really don't care. I cried and grieved for every one of them. I would defend my dog with my life, as she would me.

The thing about a dog is that ultimately you will end up heartbroken when you lose them but it's always worth the pain for the years of joy, friendship, loyalty that these heavenly furred creatures bring us. I feel sorry for people who have never known this because they have never known pure love.

Can you tell I'm a dog lover?:) There is nothing in the world as wonderful as a dog. Nothing.

If my dog is barred by the heavenly guard
    We'll both of us brave the heat!
    ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.
    ~Louis Sabin

The misery of keeping a dog is his dying so soon. But, to be sure, if he lived for fifty years and then died, what would become of me?
    ~Sir Walter Scott

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.
    ~Sidney Jeanne Seward

wraymen and Hatchet like this.
  26. I forgot to add. hit the shelters and find a partner before they give them the needle.(silly me, I told you to find one. doesn't work that way, they will choose you) :) Believe me, in the long run it will help heal the hole in your heart. It will never completely heal, but that's not a bad thing. After I lost my furry soul mate, I thought I'd never be able to get that close to another. Wrong, We have now rescued over 30 babies and found better homes for all but the ones with medical issues. (7 at the moment) Those, we keep and give them the best life they can have.

27. HAAA! I'm liking the "Furry Soul Mate" thing.

28. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

Lost our Bear 6-27-12. She was 12 and in pain. We found a Vet who would come to our place and put her down...very tough!! but she hated going to the vet so it was easiest for her.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. every day i look at this thread....and it brings back memories of those days....then i see all who have posted about loosing their "Furry soul mates" (yeah i dig that too!!!!!!!!) and it makes me a bit sadder to see that it is still an ongoing issue...but ........then i reach down and rubb one of the new boxer babies and think of how this thread is here to help heal and grieve...

also i do agree with the statement tht the dogs pick their owners....that's why we now have a third boxer baby....one of my other regular truckers came thru and was telling me how noone wanted this lil guy....too small...yeah he's the runt of the litter..also first born...which is the same on both accounts for Pieper our female boxer....here he is hanging in bed with Doxier, the 10 month old male.

dozier and new guy.jpg

he's been here for a week tomorrow, but still waiting for his name to be decided..he's 6 weeks old this wen.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. bigvinny

bigvinny

Lost our Jack Russel Buddy last saterday to lung cancer. still hurting.