Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Teenage Thunder!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. I have a pretty good collection of old Hotrod Movies. Dragstrip Girl,Hollywood Confidencial,etc. I love watching them,especially Hotrods To Hell. The dialog is classic,haha!

3. Old movies are all I watch any more. Good stuff, even if a little korny.

4. These movies are classic. I enjoy watch all these.

5. chuckles0

chuckles0

Do you happen to remember the movie, (I think Robert Mitchum), where there was a roadster and they put nitro'gliserin in a bottle on the front seat and drove it into the 'monster'. Losing his beloved roadster, but saving the town'??

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lot of neat looking stuff in the first 2 minutes or so. I had to pause it just to look at the parking lot scene at the strip.....EYE CANDY !!!

7. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Good timing, I just found out "The Delinquents" (1957) was filmed around town. Now I'm obsessed with getting a copy to check out some of the past drive-ins and diners used in the movie. Also a good collection of social movies on http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger

Attached Files:

8. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Watch old Sci Fi.....&... Hot Rod movies all the time....it's not only a nostalgia trip but they're so bad they're good.....love to watch not only the Hot Rods but spend lots of time scoping out the background cars as well......and drooling

9. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

this movie is kind of painful to watch between the car stuff. I'm trying but it sucks pretty hard, I love the Flathead powered A tourer though

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

This is another funny B-movie, 'Village of Giants' & it has the Ed Roth "Surfite" in the movie. AMC has been showing alot of good movies lately.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J32akSZMhhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. '' The giant gila monster'' filmed in Texas.

12. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Good flick, I found it online a few years ago on this movie streaming site. I also like The Choppers, another B-movie with Ivo's T.

13. roddinron

roddinron

14. From 1956 - "Hot Rod Girl"

<iframe src="http://www.archive.org/embed/HotRodGirl" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

15. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

You want a bad one with some cool cars?? Check out The Giant Gila Monster from 1959. It's a classic!!

16. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

That Model A pickup was sweet.

17. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I'm collecting old movies and series all involving hot rods or muscle cars also the first GM tutorials on how to drive! The only thing is that I have to be really awake to see them complete LOL. Thanks for posting I needed more titles to buy for my collection.

18. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

At 400 dollars I'll take it and any more he's got.

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I LOVE those old Hot Rod movies ! :D This one was one of the better ones I have seen so far . I bought the collection a few years ago with a ton of the great old hot rod movies on it called Burnt Rubber and has a lot of the great old movies on it . I would like to find some more movies on line on can buy in collections of the old ho rod movies from the 50's and 60's .
    I have to say $400 was a lot back then But that was still a good deal for what he got back in the day .
    Was good to see him kick that kids ass ! If you remember that guy was the DR. that played in the TV show Emergency !

Thanks for another good flick to watch ! Got anymore to watch or a place to find them ? I also love the old Sci-Fi movies too . We have one on I think Friday night that shows some of the really , really BAD Japanese movies ! Still have fun watching them every weekend !

Retro Jim

20. autobilly

autobilly

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    It's hard to believe that anyone on here wouldn't dig these movies. They regularly transport me back in time as an indisputable reference.

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

""If you remember that guy was the DR. that played in the TV show Emergency !
    ""

Ah! That was bugging me, used to watch the show..I just watched the movie, I thought not too bad, there are many that IMO were way more korny...I haven't watched the "D of S" movie yet; don't know what I'm waiting for, had the DVD for 6 months..

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  22. Jay Yuskaitis

Jay Yuskaitis

Enjoyed the movie. We grew up at this time. Never had parents forsake me! Guess I was a lucky one. Jay Y.

23. Truckedup

Truckedup

Damn dumb movies,,my wife and I smiled the whole time.:D

24. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

I just finished watching it. laughted at a few of takes, esp when pops got the pull over. It was entertaining and I liked the RPU

25. weez

weez

That's the Don Ferrara Roadster in a later guise, I think it was light blue then. Can't wait to see it restored, is Orosco still doing it?

The flick wasn't too bad either (considering!) Running Wild is another one that didn't suck. Noticed the So-Cal '31 A roadster (that Tanimura has now) at the drags too!

Love the T-tub, cool upholstery-

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

I like the old Hot Rod movies and the Sci-Fi stuff.Occasionally you'll see somebody famous in them and the cars and gizmos are great.

27. Here's a few stills from Teenage Thunder ...

... @ the "San Fernando Drag Strip":

Teenage Thunder - Drag Strip Pits.jpg Teenage Thunder - Hiboy Roadster @ Drags.jpg
    Teenage Thunder - Drag Strip Pit.jpg Teenage Thunder - Model A Hiboy ('Bert Morrison' ... driven by 'Johnnie Simpson').jpg

... Speeding @ night:

Teenage Thunder - 1957 Plymouth Police Car.jpg Teenage Thunder - RPU (borrowed from Used Car Lot).jpg

... @ Bert Morrison's Mobilgas Station:

Teenage Thunder - Model T Touring ('Maurie Weston') .jpg Teenage Thunder - 1948 Oldsmobile Convertible ('Betty Palmer').jpg
    Teenage Thunder - 1955 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon ('Bert Morrison').jpg Teenage Thunder - 1957 Chrysler Imperial.jpg

28. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

29. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

It took me about 20 minutes to figure it out. He looked a little familiar but the voice gave it away.

30. Cecil

Cecil

I been collecting old hot rod movie's & tv episode's for twenty five years. I have over 300 of them. I really like the old 77 Sunset Strip episode's with the Kookie Kar.