Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots! ..lost one tonite......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

go save one from the shelter that will be put down otherwise, you'll feel better and he will thank you for it. Too many dogs there that will be put down just for being alive.

2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Heres ZOEY! with her ears down being sad

[​IMG]

3. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I feel your pain my friend, we had to put down my Lab/Rot at the end of last year. My Mom and I held him while they gave him the shot and we both cried like hell. It wasn't the best time in my life already and then we had to Bandit down and that really put me into a tailspin, he'd been my best bud for 15 years and it was hard to have the make the decision to put him down. I had the same thought that I would never have another dog because I never want to go through that again untill a friend reminded me that after the inital pain wears off you will always think about the fun and good times and very rarely about the sadness that comes in the end. You know what she was right! Now when I think about Bandit all I think about is the fun we had and what a great friend he was. Sure there are times I'm sad and I miss him but damn we had a lot of fun! Here's to man's best bud!

4. Sorry to hear about your loss. I have buried a couple of my dogs before and it is a horrible thing to have to do.

5. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

sorry to hear about your loss.. dogs sure have a way with humans like no other animal..

Attached Files:

6. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Dame things break ya heart when they pass on , I was in the garage tonight ,and my ol Loyal JR ,Jack was there every minute ,the missus thinks im nuts ,cause im talking to the dog ,shown him what getting done ...:D

Bed time for him now ,guard dog ! ,in the garage.

Attached Files:

7. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

My mates in-cab alarm..................:)

Attached Files:

8. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

one of the toughest things a person will go through in life...my sincere condolences

9. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I had to have my 13 year old Pitbull put down today. It is a pain that I have never felt before and I hate it. I have had dogs run away, dogs die on me, and I never felt like this. This is the worst I have felt yet. I miss him and I will never forget him.

10. paintcan54

paintcan54

Sorry to hear this, we had our dog of 17 years pass away while we were away at a show, our 16 year old came home to find him laying by the back door in the kitchen. What a long drive home and what a ordeal for our son, I don't think he'll ever forget it.

11. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

So sorry for your loss. We lost our "Maggie" last summer and its still hard to think about it. Amazing how much they affect our lives...

12. Lild

Lild

I went through this last year. My buddy died in my lap in our yard from Diabetes. Now Im choked up. Sorry to hear

13. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

dog is love. I work at a rescue on the weekends. the 5 minutes of attention they get a day they pay back 1000 times over.

14. spot

spot
    from usa

I feel for you. Lost my blue heeler in June to cancer. Still cry every time I find one of his toys. He was always in the truck no matter what I was doing he just loved to hang in the old truck.

15. spot

spot
    from usa

I feel for you. Lost my blue heeler in June to cancer. Still cry every time I find one of his toys. He was always in the truck no matter what I was doing he just loved to hang in the old truck.

16. modeleh

modeleh

My coonhound Henry kicked me out of my '31 AA firewood hauler.

[​IMG]

17. big bad john

big bad john

Sooooooooo .....sorry for your lost....its not easy.....Hang in there...remember the good times....it will help and make you smile....God Bless....

18. Lost my best girl yesterday.......

Attached Files:

19. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Sorry for your loss, I dread the day that I lose my bubby.

20. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Sorry to hear that vintage, always a hard thing to go through...

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

All dogs go to heaven...
    B.B.

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thought I would put a positive post up, I almost lost Lady the other day, vet doesn't know what caused her to lose body weight so fast, she desn't have much body fat to begin with, but with us talking care of her 24/7 and constant small meals being fed, she is regaining her strength and her attitude. The first day had to support her to walk outside, yesterday she walked all the way around the house, still very weak but getting stronger, after this I will never get her unspoiled, how do you tell a dog you aren't spoon feeding her anymore?

23. Sorry for your loss. They are the Best co-pilots.

I lost a couple great pitts over the last two years--Petey and Buddy.

Here is Timmy--born about 2 Jan 2011.

He was helping out in the shop last night but it was too hot.

Attached Files:

24. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

My dog's ashes and mine are ultimately going into the same urn. If that helps us spend eternity together in one way or another, that's perfect.

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sorry for your loss Murph. But happy to see this thread is back on top

26. Deuces

Deuces

You left out "good"... ;)

27. All dogs are born good. People make them bad.

28. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

29. Deuces

Deuces

That I believe!!..

30. So Sorry, Murf. If forgiveness, loyalty and unconditional love were the prerequisites to going to Heaven...our dogies would make it and we wouldn't.
    Chuck