Register now to get rid of these ads!

50's/60's International pickups anyone brave enough to build one ?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big Dad, May 15, 2008.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Nice to see something diffrent,I hope some more get posted.

2. LowFat48

LowFat48

the golden jubilee models where built in 1957

Attached Files:

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

Yep, thats the one he had / has ..I'm sure he kept it

Gerald would be around 75 now , farmer .. I've been told he has 30 restored I-H tractors of various sizes

I was born in 58 ..so, My memory goes back to about 63 or so and the truck was perfect then

He only drove it to go get a malt .. never been married so no kids would of torn it up

Thanks for the picture

MORE BINDERS !!!

4. gasser38

gasser38

Neat to see this subject pop up. My Dad learned to drive in a 57 110 and I just purchased one just like it. Pretty rough and I'm gonna need a lot of stuff for it. Hope you guys can help me out with parts locating when I get around to working on this one.

5. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

6. To my eyes the early "53" Studebaker cars and the later 40,s International KB trucks were a design ahead of their time. I don,t understand why they aren,t more popular because the lines are perfect. The streamlining of the Studes was amazing....

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

IMO .. with the International trucks, I think its the "acceptance" factor
    Not main stream .. IF a celebrity built one ..well

They are cool trucks .. anything in the 50's and 60s are out of the norm

The kb's have been seen a little

8. strait2u

strait2u

Internationals are great! I've owned all sorts of Scouts and a few pickups as well. None have been a 50-60's vintage truck, but I really like the 50's trucks. I'm building a 37 C-1 now.

9. Fingers

Fingers

Yep, same as mine

10. pool

pool

Even though Lowlidx50 posted mine already heres another pic. My pop bought it in 73 and I learned to drive in it a few years later. Been sitting since 79 but I've been around the block lately and can't wait to drive the crap out of it. One thing for sure you won't see many at your local cruise.

Attached Files:

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That's the biggest F'ing windshield glass to door glass proportions I've ever seen!

12. Terraizer

Terraizer

Internationals are getting alot more popular then they where a few years ago, i will always have a Binder. Got my first at 14 years old 15 years ago and have owned 60 Scouts 1961-1980, 26 trucks 1935-1974 and 4 travalalls 1966-1975 over the years since i got my first which i still have and it has been rolled twice once at high speed and other was a slow flop on its side in Moab and both times i have been fine, drove it home and was able to put it back together, IH diffenty knew how to build them.

13. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Just better watch out internationals are like a disease once you get one they just seem to find you i got a scout when I was 15 by the time i was 18 had 2 "parts scouts added had to sell them when i moved out but still look at all the ones i see I think they need a support group

14. Big Dad

Big Dad

Keep the pictures coming and tell the year .. cause I don't know which is which ..

but they all are great !!! .. Thanks !!

15. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

There is one on the way to work that is like the one in Planet Terror. I personally like the '59/'60 model if that is the year I am thinking of.

16. Bert

Bert

heres mine......the red one is the same as your b model, we call them an AA110/120/130,whatever size it is...and the grey one I got for parts as the body is full of cancer, its our first all australian model1963 from memory...the headlights on the "AB" grey one, were used by many custom car builders in the 60/70s..... I need another shed as these old trucks are getting worse sittin around......
    [​IMG]
    and here is the drivers door......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

now that's one bad ass binder!!!:cool:

18. Big Dad

Big Dad

any more farmalls ?

19. Beemer

Beemer

This is my fiance's project. Its her grandfather's '51 L-120. We're mounting it on an S-10 frame and putting a 305/5spd in it.

Attached Files:

20. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

So is the S10 frame swap fairly straight forward on these? Might be an easy way to get one down in the weeds, or at least to a more reasonable ride height.

21. Beemer

Beemer

So far yes, but I've only got the cab mounted, and the front clip partially mounted. The bed will probably have to be channeled a bit since the S10 frame kicks up behind the cab. Wheelbase is a bit on the narrow side for the L series, but nothing some spacers or new wheels won't cure.

22. international iron sled

international iron sled
    from san diego

not a truck but close enough. still needs alot of work but its gettin there. tryin to figure out what bumper i could use for the front of this thing. any suggestions?

Attached Files:

• rs4.jpg
      rs4.jpg
      File size:
      115 KB
      Views:
  23. Big Dad

Big Dad

Ahh yes, the travel-all

Back home we called those "menonite missles"
    You should be able to locate a bumper, the pickup ones are the same

I'd guess the year on that as 64 maybe ?

24. international iron sled

international iron sled
    from san diego

close, its a 62'. i probably could find a stock bumper, but they just look big and boring to me. maybe ill just get some measurements and go to the junk yard and see what i can find that would look good and work.

25. bigec

bigec

here is my 51 ..i drive this everyday it sits on a 78 ford 1\2 ton frame
    [​IMG]

Moondog13 and PhilS53 like this.
  26. RatPin

RatPin

Hey it's my first post! I looked for a '50-54 IH pickup for 2-3 years before I found the right one. I'm currently working on rewiring the electrical top to bottom. Next I want to pull some leafs out. Here she is...
    [​IMG]

little red 50 likes this.
  27. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  28. I'm gathering up the parts now for my '63 1300 stepside. I'm converting it to 4 wheel drive with tall 900/16 vintage mud tread. I'm looking to replace the front clip to an earlier model, hopefully from a '58/59. I also plan to construct a canvas canopy to cover the bed and house my tool boxes. It will become my daily and I will sell my present work truck.

[​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

chriseakin likes this.
  29. F-85

F-85
    from Paw Paw,il

I have a 58 A-100 in the for sale section. its a project, but cool. I just have other things in line right now.

30. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

this is my '60 a100, 1/2 ton. it's stock, and probably won't change much but for some lettering on the doors to advertise my studio. and some better wheels...

Attached Files: