Register now to get rid of these ads!

700 r4 wiring,help,please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Nov 15, 2009.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Hey all,

Am I understanding it correctly, that if I wire the red or (A) of the three pins on the 700 , then daisey chain or loop the red to blue and then white, with a cut switch on the brake pedal on the blue wire, that this is the easiest and cheapest way to wire a 700? I don't need a lock up converter in any gear but 4, and I also would be fine to lock this thing up with a single toggle on the dash (on and off). There looks like there are 4 pins, but there are only three on the 700 r4, right? I need it explained in teh crudest and simplest way. All help will be grealty appreciated. I see all these kits, and I don't want to spend 60 bucks and pull teh pan and re-wire and bla, bla, when , if there is a single wire or two combined with a switch that can solve this deal. Any pros or people who have roughed it through not buying a kit and figuring this beast out - please help.

the Pork

2. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

You only need to put 12 v on one wire, controlled by a toggle switch. You will have to manually switch it off when u plan to slow to a stop. This is the low budget way.

I'll have to look at a diagram in the garage to tell u which wire gets the 12v.

3. troylee

troylee

Instead of a toggle switch Yoou can use a 2 pole brake switch at the peadle. A hyd brake light switched plumed in with a light relay Is what I use. You can get all the parts for under 20 bucks. You mite be able to piggy back off the brake light switch you already have into the relay.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this is what i want to do.
    you have a part number for the light relay or would any 2 pole relay work?

what happens when you just take your foot off the accelerator for a long period in lock out and not touch the brake pedal? Does the TV cable tell the trans to unlock the converter?

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

6. If I get this type of switch, will it lock the TC in 4th gear automaticaly? What needs to be done to get the TC to unlock...or does this switch do both functions automatically?...

Attached Files:

7. hoop

hoop

As soon as you start to slow down enough trans downshifts as soon as that happens converter unlocks.

8. If you take the wiring in your picture (posting #6) and interrupt one wire with a toggle switch on the dash, you can force it to stay unlocked no matter what.
    Even if the trans or the "control kit" wants the convertor locked, you can prevent that with the added switch so you can keep it unlocked if you choose.
    - your question implies that you may want to run in 4th without being forced to accept the convertor being locked. correct? (I run unlocked almost all the time)
    That was your question wasn't it?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  9. DARE-TO-BE-DIFFERANT - No, what I'm wondering is if the converter will lock and unlock in a normal manner...by itself, at the appropriate time...

10. JAWS

JAWS

[​IMG]

Credit goes to smoke em up site.

11. What's an apropriate time?

Each and every kit or method has a different idea of what is apropriate.

It sounds like you are asking for one of the really expensive kits that does everything without any driver input. Try B&M.

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Great stuff...

13. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

On this kit the blask wire runs to the pressure switch, but where does the red wire go? DOes it just get power when the key is on?

ROB

14. Black is to ground, red is to 12V "Ignition On"...