Register now to get rid of these ads!

four doors are so gay... but what can i say i like men.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldcarfan, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

:D

ive always wanted a 54 chevy but i couldnt afford a 2 door and a buddy had this sitting in his backyard for the last 10 years, so a deal was struck and i drove her home.

the car was in amazing shape and all the doors opened and closed great, and all the windows rolled up and down perfectly so i decided against a 2 door conversion ( although the idea is still somewhere in the back of my crazy mind) so i just decided to live with it and try to have a mild custom 54 with a couple extra doors :)

finally i was ok with those rear quarter panels opening and closing but i really didnt want to see the handles to them, so i shaved the rear handles along with all the side trim, emblems , and rocker panel trim. i also welded the seam up on the hood.

i didnt have the budget ( at all ! ) do have the bumpers dipped so i just took a flapwheel and smoothed them as best i could and make them shiny with grind marks, then i buried them in clear. they came out pretty good, not as good as chrome but pretty good for only about 20 bucks in different grits of flapwheel discs.

it has been painted sunburst pearl orange with a cream white top, the dash and all interior trim has been painted to match the top. the orange is crazy out in the sun the pics really do it no justice.

it has been converted to 12 volt and has a new gas tank in it ( 68 mustang new LOL) also some very untraditional front seats that i will make sure dont get posted in this thread (haha) also i redid the rear seat cover, and it has all new carpet.

i also dropped it 3 inches all around.

headliner still needs done, and the breaks have some pretty crappy sqeaks, plus the fuel pump is weak as shit, but those are all things i can work on while driving.

i only got about 2 grand in this the way it sits, so i really cant bitch about anything, im very happy with how it turned out.

anyways heres the pics
    (im looking like crazy for the damn before pics, but not finding them right now ill post them as soon as i do)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

more pics

Attached Files:

3. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

a couple more pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  4. calvinh

calvinh

Nice! I like 4 doors. Good job.

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

mo doors, mo whores.

6. drover home...hell - that's a home runner...can we have a man hug?

7. sololobo

sololobo

Hey man, who's countin! Car looks great, enjoy it . ~Sololobo~

8. slammed

slammed

mo' do' ho' cuff em' Dano!

9. ferrell1cars

ferrell1cars
    from ky

10. mazer78

mazer78

i prefer that body style in a 4 door, an hope it get one when all of my other projects are done. that one looks great! what are the plans for it?

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

I like the black steelies too. Good choice.

12. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

There's been some good looking 4 door customs over the years, nothing wrong with 'em - 'specially for 2 grand! Good on ya man, enjoy it!

13. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

14. Are you having fun?? That's all that counts!:)

15. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

4 doors can be cool and you just proved it. Nice Job!

16. Scotty500

Scotty500
    from MPLS

Nice ride, all my friends that gave me a hard time about having a 4 door didn't even have a car.

17. of course if chilli chimes in so do i.. 4 doors are great... scare the hell out of 6 people instead of just 4 lol...

18. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

nothing gay about a 4-door whatsoever. That car looks really good man!

19. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I say if you got it you build it. You could have left the rear door handles and it still would have looked cool. Nothing wrong with 4 doors. Like my signature says... they make cool cruisers. It looks real good for 2 grand invested!

20. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

I have a 4 door and i love it.

21. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

The whole "4 doors are gay" thing is gay. Great looking car. If it were mine I would be more anxious to get fender skirts on it than lose the extra doors.

22. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Nice ride brotha! Great deal dude 4 door bel airs arent cheap anymore...Atleast you got a cool ride and your happy thats all that matters!

23. cheemo

cheemo

I think it looks great with the four doors and shaved handles. Did you put in any outside entry system for the back doors? I know guys who say that four door cars are not worth buiding but I also know guys who prefer the four door car. The four door guys are significantly younger than the guys I know who think they are worthless. I wonder if it is a generational thing or if it is just the guys I know?

24. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn nice looking car, especially for a 4 door. 4 doors are good for the kids and good for make'm too - or at least practicing. Nothing gay about that, unless you are into that kind of thing.

25. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

no outside entry system for the back doors, but its real easy for the person in the front to reach around and open it for ya. haha

im only 24 but i dont think its a generational thing, i just think older guys have more money to spend on 2 doors. and 10 years ago 2 doors were easier and cheaper to find.

ive been looking for quite some time and i all i could find was a couple of rust bucket basketcase 54 2 doors. and they all went for more than what i have in this car.

hell i started getting parts for the 2 door conversion (before i even found this car ) and i paid 200 just for a drivers door.

26. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

i dont like the look of fender skirts unless car is laying way down in the weeds, and this one is pretty much already as low as it will go without spending a lot of cash and cutting some shit up.

27. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

plans are for more grille teeth, and to drive the shit out of it.

maybe one day if i run good at the poker tables, some wide whites.

28. I used to be a 2-door-only person. I'd snub 4-door cars and hardly give them a second glance. Now I prefer them! You can get more people in and out without the contortions of folding the front seats, you can place swap meet items on the back seat easily. Lots of perks with those 4-door rides.

Bob

29. Griznant

Griznant

Nice ride! I'd rock that all over town!

I got my 4-door Century because I have a young family and I want to get them into cruising on summer nights together. If it's *gay* to have an easy way to get car seats in the back then I guess I'm gay. Don't know how I'm having kids if that's the case, but someone can explain that I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.