Register now to get rid of these ads!

1922 Maxwell Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kansas Old School, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Kansas Old School

Kansas Old School
    from Kansas

Well guys, I thought Id get some opinions out there on what to do with this. I went to a auction the other day and ended up with this 1922 Maxwell coupe. Its a rolling chassis, engine looks complete, but has no crankshaft or pistons. It looks like some one mocked the engine up, with manifolds and distributor, head, etc, but no crankshaft or rods or pistons. Head is on it but nuts are loose. Front suspension intact, and transmission there, but no driveshaft. It has the origional rear body tub sitting on it but not bolted on The doors, cowl, hood, radiator shell and an extra hood were also bought, sitting on a pallet away from the car. It looks like a roadster. I did get some of the wood framing, and side window frames. I found a picture of a 22 Maxwell coupe, and this is it. The engine has 1922 cast in the side. The frame looks very good. doors are somewhat complete. There is no windshield frame, steering column or seat. It does have a nice decklid. I was thinking maybe speedster? There is no roof structure, although from the picture I doubt that it had any steel in the top. Ill get some pictures of what I have. Any ideas?

2. Without photos it's hard to help,,the engine is nothing more than a boat anchor with all the parts missing. HRP

3. 1922 Maxwell? Jack Benny's old car?

I'd try to sell it to a restorer.

4. Hot rod it, just to make the purists cringe. Those things had a pretty hefty frame if I remember right, should be able to handle a vintage Red Ram.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

They made a 2 and 4 paggenger Coupe, I'm guessing yours is a 2 passenger. Not a common car to Hot Rod, you may be better off selling it and making a few bucks to invest on something a bit newer. Bob

6. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

if you got it cheap flip it, and if it doesn't sell within a reasonable amount of time hack it up and make whatever you want out of it just my opinion FYI my middle name is Maxwell..... ill buy it

7. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

This link below will show a picture of a 22 Maxwell Coupe. If you have enough of the original parts then build it.
    If all of the top structure is gone (???) then build a coupster. Most of the internet pictures resemble a Tall-T so why not build a Tall-M............... Jeff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dok1/5149574088/

8. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Here's a 1917, btw everyone hates my chassis ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1373045166.476302.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wow, Speedbaron...Hate your Chassis! (just kidding...space tubes are neat...especially under a lightweight roadster or tub...And there were a few running on the lakes in the '40s.)

10. Kume

Kume

The definition of spite.

11. kennb

kennb

We need some pictures. Ken