Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost Hot Rods II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. chris' 38

chris' 38

You wouldn't happen to have any hubcaps for sale would you?

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Great book

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

great book; went through it while at Barnes and Noble over the weekend

5. S.F.

S.F.

I've also heard you hold the biggest cockfighting championship in the western hemisphere.

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

On my Christmas list. I read it at the B&N store and the wife saw me so I am hoping Santa brings it. I love Pat's stories and history lessons.

7. weez

weez

You made me laugh twice you devil.

I gotta get those books... I'm outta the loop now that I don't live a block from Autobooks-

8. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

looks tasty, I better hit up amazon

9. Gonna go looking for LHR II tomorrow, just to see what he has on the Flashback '57. :cool:

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

Do you ever think about slowing down on the ideas?Now I need to go buy part II.

11. autobilly

autobilly

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but any level of witty is still funny.

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, I continue to be astounded by the sheer magnitude of my own ignorance. Never heard of 1 or 2. Sounds very interesting. I think I need to get both of these.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Anybody have a period side shot of this car? More info?
    [​IMG]

14. Dont get into dogfighting-they'll take your superbowl ring.....

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

16. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Ryan,

Forget the REDS. They've been had. It's the Chinese we need to infiltrate and conquer (from within) now. Think BIG!

Hey Falcongeorge...it's, uh, in the book. Buy it. You'll like it.

Seriously--thanks for the plug. I appreciate it mucho.

Pat Ganahl

17. metal man

metal man

Are they both on amazon?

18. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Pat had a book signing at Autobooks-Aerobooks in Burbank several weekends ago and I stopped by to pick up a copy. I enjoyed meeting Pat and buying the book was money well spent. If you are a regular participant on the HAMB and the Jalopy Journal, you need this book....

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh I KNOW I'll like it, then my wife will notice it on the credit card statement, and it will take a week for my nuts to drop back down...:eek::D

20. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whoever said "crime doesn't pay" just wasn't very good at it.

21. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Gotta check out these books.

22. I've heavily suggested to my wife and kids that these two books would make stellar birthday gifts for me.

Leno had Pat G. on his garage video series twice talking about these books....they look like they're very worthwhile.

23. <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="nbcwidget" width="640" height="360" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/6.3.0/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&vcmsMedia=1265136&configId=27502&initURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2Fvideo%2Finit.xml%3FvideoId%3D%255BVIDEO_ID%255D"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://video.nbcuni.com/core/6.3.0/DPSWidget.swf?WID=nbcSingleclipWidget&vcmsMedia=1265136&configId=27502&initURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbc.com%2Fvideo%2Finit.xml%3FvideoId%3D%255BVIDEO_ID%255D" quality="high" width="640" height="360" align="middle" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
    Lost Hot Rods interview (December 15, 2010)

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r29Y1lvjnjE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r29Y1lvjnjE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Lost Hot Rods II interview (November 28, 2012)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  24. Karrera

Karrera

Spent Christmas morning flipping through my new copy of Lost Hot Rods II - another great book! Can't wait for Lost Hot Rods III.

Funny story - I was in Ft Worth on a business trip a couple of years ago and had gone to Barnes and Noble to browse through the car books. I saw Lost Hot Rods I and bought it to take home with me since the Atlanta B&N stores have pretty much stopped carrying any car books. That evening Pat called me to talk about using my car in his Lost Hot Rod books (I guess I'll have to wait for #3). Either it was a great coincidence that I had just bought his book or Pat has better contacts than any of us think......

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

What's a guy to do on a 7 day cruise threw a bunch of warm countries with zereo old cars? Sit on the deck of the ship and read your new copy of lost hot rods 2 that your awesome wife got you before you left because "I googled it, there aren't any hotrods in the Caribbean only pirates so you'll need this, happy early birthday"

It was way more text and details then I had expected, I got threw it in spare minutes over the course of 3 or 4 days and can't wait to pick up the first one now.

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Use to be a black 38 coupe around that was kinda cool :rolleyes:

27. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I got the first one, signed, from Pat at GNRS a year or two ago. I've held back checking out #2 at the book store. I don't even need to flip through it, to know I want a copy. Hope he's signing copies next month at GNRS???

28. Ebert

Ebert

Just got Pat's book for Christmas...have a ten hour flight tomorrow and it is dedicated to Lost Hot Rods II!!!!