Register now to get rid of these ads!

Exploring Arizona- abandoned, wrecked cars & trucks, old hiways, etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. purpledodge

purpledodge
    from Tucson

Why is it that whenever people run across an old relic in the desert that they feel the need to shoot it?

2. "
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by applekrate [​IMG]
    I do not allow random photography in either of my yards. When people visit and they bring a camera I remind them that they are on private property and these are my personal things. I do not want anything/everything I own photographed and put on the net.
    I simply tell them to ask if they see something they wish to photograph and if it OK, they can.
    my yards are not open to the public either, so what? I'm a collector, not a business and only sell what I do not need for my own collection.
    They are avail by appointment at times. I do not want anybody in my place either, do not blame them, esp after people posting here casually post how they have stolen from them. What do you expect?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    What always amazes me is how many here can not even begin to understand why you feel that way. How many times people post pics they took of something sitting in someones yard without the owner even knowing the pic was taken "

I would like to correct a word in my post- 2nd paragraph second sentence- "I do not want 'anybody' in my place either". This should have said I do not want 'everybody' in my ....

Wish not to be misinterpeted, people are welcome to visit by appointment.

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  3. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

No pics of Fort Auto Parts (Milo's) along SR90 in Huachuca City, AZ ?

I don't know why I never took pics, but I didn't. It was more impressive before the massive fire in the 1990's, and it looks like a lot of the stuff has been sold off, but still lots there, more than the rest of the pics on this thread combined...

Google maps, 210 Huachuca Blvd., Huachuca City, AZ, look toward the west...

4. haychrishay

haychrishay

This isn't Arizona, it's Iowa but I thought you guys would like it anyway. A freind of mine told me they had cars for ditch fill on his dad's farm and so I went to investigate. There are more than this but I need to find the pictures to scan to my computer. I sent this in to a magazine one time with the caption "you guys are always talking about how low your car is well check this one in the weeds"

Attached Files:

• 243.jpg
      243.jpg
      File size:
      295.7 KB
      Views:
    • 344.jpg
      344.jpg
      File size:
      295.7 KB
      Views:
  5. Nick,

You are more than welcome to join us on any of our upcoming hikes, just let us know. Our next trip is scheduled for Monday Feb 27th in the Salt River canyon area.

6. All I can figure is they are not old car fans as we are. ?

how about this? Does everyone here know of this abandoned hiway tunnel? It was used from 1921-1951

[​IMG]

Here is one of the openings today...

[​IMG]

...and from back in the day.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. azsnow

azsnow

Where is that tunnel? I would be interested in doing some hunting as well, and I have a 4X4 if needed.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Aw hell, Don...some of my best friends are snakes.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

It's a '33 or '34 Ford Tudor. Obvious from the body reveals, beltline, rear window, rear valance, and fender.
    I've had a lot of '33s and '34s.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Just like the convertible Columbo drove...only a sedan.

11. It is remarkably close to you between Superior and Globe and is called the Claypool tunnel. You can do a search on the net for more info.
    If you would like to join us on one of our hikes, we will be going there again. I've been there 4-5 times. It is walking distance, no 4wd needed.

12. skyrodder

skyrodder

i know some of these cars are too far gone, I always wonder why not remove the stainless and sell it or give it away, there will always be someone needing it. just sayin

13. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I have always wondered about that myself, does the dumb sumbitch take a shot at his grandmother if she's in the backyard..:rolleyes:

14. titus

titus

Yep, for sure a 34 ford.

When you own one you can just tell, theres a million little details we look at to comeup with our answer.

15. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

16. henry29

henry29

If you look at the window opening on the passenger door, nearest to the the B pillar there's a flat area stamped in the window opening about an inch wide.

17. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Great thread guys...I worked at a travel nurse assignment on the Navajo Rez at Ganado AZ some 3 years ago...we would work 6 shifts in a row and be off 8 days and would explore the state of AZ and some of NM on our days off...been to most all the towns mentioned...those of of that live there I consider some of the luckiest people in the world...now if I can just get the wife to move out that way!

18. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

here are a few i have come across. the buick and rambler have been hauled off.

Attached Files:

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool dude! The swinging bridge. I stopped and checked that out a couple of time on the pull out of Yuma up to Quartzite. Up on the proving grounds north of there about 10 miles sits the remains of a '37 Plymouth sedan off on the west side of the road... Missing it's dash though these days!

20. That is nice that you know. However, if you do not tell others HOW you know, we cannot learn to tell ourselves. that is why I asked

21. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

cool photos , its fun to take an arm chair tour through the lense of your camera

22. Mike W.

Mike W.

I used to work on equipment at the Harqua Hala mine and still have keys to the gate on the eastern side, interesting area. I lived in Az. for 27 years after getting out of the service, being a hot rodder I've been all over the state looking for old iron but a lot of it is now buried under new housing developments. I know of a 57 Chevy and 56 Chevy pickup buried in a wash in a mountain mining town to expand the parking lot for tourists. :mad: A whole wash SE of Phx full of old iron put there by the farmers in days gone by to control the water flow during the monsoons and they get real pizzed if you pull any parts...go figure. The iron is everywhere but you have to look harder now as every year I was there you could find it on trailers headed back east. :( I still go back every year to visit my boy and my old hot rod buddies and still look for cars and trucks.

23. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I never get tired of looking at rusted out junked cars! Keep the pics coming.

24. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

I like this tread...

25. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for that Plymouth next time I am up that way. Is it visible from the road side?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yes it is! After you get into the proving grounds and into the rough desert out there, just keep looking to the left. That's how I saw it. Got the dash hanging here on the wall.

27. Nice! I will have to try to get up there in the next few weeks. The news also had a feature on the San Carlos hotel:
    http://titancast.titantv.com/p/kyma/s/Desert-Treasures-1-San-Carlos-Hotel/1ABX2YZZ.aspx

Let me know the next time your down in this corner of the state and I will treat you to some tacos.

28. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

The last time I was in Crown King I was probably around 10 or so. Went up there to cut wood and drove that 72' GMC in my avatar...man was that a rough ride up those switchbacks!! I think my dad said there's an old tractor or something if you go up the backside.

29. Meyer

Meyer

I grew up in Yuma...

take the drive from Prescott to Yuma and you will see some old cars on a lot on the left side of the road. In a big yard with some farm implements. Model T and Model A type stuff. Dunno if for sale