Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amish Hot Rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:DYou're such a clever writer :D

see ya tomorrow bud

3. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

Started in 1951 and still going on today? What a radical bunch. Next thing ya know they will have windshields and gas heaters in the cab.

4. I think that was Caleb Milner's old ride...one of the first to run big and littles..used to have the fastest rig in the whole valley

5. It´ll be like "Ben Hur"! :eek:

6. firingorder1

firingorder1

What do you call a guy with his arm up a horses ass?

An Amish mechanic.

7. Hey, the Vagabonds happen to claim Kerry as our own and also as the Worlds Fastest Mennonite!

8. Oh yeah,the Amish have always know that there is no substitute for Big Horsepower and a small striped down vehicle,,they get down the road a lot faster. :D HRP

[​IMG]

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I really had no idea what to expect when I saw the thread title... I still don't know what to think about it. :D

10. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

To quote a famous orator of our time. " Now thats funny right there, I don't care what anybody says".

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

...and some of the 'more priveleged' infidels are reported to be reviving the flathead!

look in our own yard...

12. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

hmmm, amish hoodlums? now i've heard everything.

13. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

"stripped the bodies from their buggies,
    mounted seats on the front axles..."

Hmmmm, a four wheel sulky :rolleyes: How ingenious :D

Damn krazy kidz and their new fangled buggies :eek:

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nice to know there is a little bit of us everywhere...

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha! Anytime a couple of Amish boys come into wayland, mo ( the lil rust revival town), I'n the evening, they are usually drunk. They hit the 4 way by the restaurant and power slide the buggy all the way through the intersection! Funniest shit ya have ever seen!

16. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Must be leading up to a new class for the HAMB Drags next year..:p. haha!

See you all tomorrow in Joplin! Drive safely, everyone!

17. pumpman

pumpman

Feed the engine on Monday, Tuesday fertilize the flowers.

18. They are also into custom work as seen with the stretched limo here and built by the late Boyd C.Yoder. HRP

[​IMG]

19. LMAO! Oh man...that's funny.

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Black buggy with red running gear?

Some things never change.

21. Hmmm.... so from the outsiders point of view, they´re a strange community with their own language and traditions and an arbitrary cut off date for their technology.

Ringing any bells fellas...?:D:eek:

22. Never2low

Never2low

Yeah, the Amish aren't that bad. But those Mennonites, you really gotta keep your eye on them...ha, just kidding. I got a ride, from an Amish man in a buggy, years ago. Car broke down, causin trouble, out in the boon docks. No celly back in the mid 90's, so I started walking. Guy was heading in the other direction, but insisted on giving me a lift into town. Never got sanctamonious with me and absolutely wouldn't take any money for it, just told me to have a nice day.
    What did I say about the "quirky odds and ends" you find.:eek::)

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

..mannnnn, they are even into *Bigs and Littles*.......cool ride!

CB

24. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

they are also into hybrids, I have seen some buggies with Mule power instead of horses...........

25. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, some guys complain about it being overdone, but I tell ya, the classic look never goes out of style. ;)

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

26. I would love to see Foose and the Overhauling Crew turned loose on an Amish buggy for week's thrash...:p

27. ...and I've seen diesel-powered hale balers pulled by draft horses...let that one sink in for awhile.

28. Goob333

Goob333

First thing I saw when I went up there was a Amish with a wagon going down the road full of 5 gallon gas cans. My first thought was, "wow he must use a lot of gas" then I thought "hey wait a minute"

29. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

You had better be wearing your rain gear sitting that low behind that kind of horsepower. There is a reason those buggies ride so high.

I've delivered logs to an Amish sawmill and they are a little different. They can't have electricity but they did have three big diesel engines powering the mill. They could have a phone but not on their property, They had a little old camper across the road on the neighbor's property. They had built steps over the fence to access it. The mill's bathroom was simply a piece of hollow wood sat on end. Strictly for #2, I had to go bad enough to use it one day. You were just out there in the open for God and all to see. So much for modesty.

30. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I got a ride in an Amish buggy on a church field trip back in the 60s. I was shocked to see the inside was upholstered in blue diamond tufted velour and a radio. I don't understand their religion but I do respect them quite a lot. I think he said that they could sow some wild oats until they got married and settled down but don't quote me on this.

Witness is a favorite movie of mine.