Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Grey Goose". "Old Crow's" new sister

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, Jun 18, 2011.

1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

BadderAsser. Paint the nose and the frame, that's all, no need to cover that fantastic alloy work.

Scotty.

2. I vote for a mixture of both. maybe some paint high and low on the body, with the design in the middle on bare aluminum

3. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Hot damn!
    I'd paint but it's just me.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'd paint it with something higly reflective, like white or silver or a light blue! I can't imagine how hot that would get in the sun on the salt if left bare. Gary

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Love to get a shot of it and the Legion Special on the salt!!!

6. oj

oj

That thing is special for sure and now it is dictating to you (some cars just do that), i think i'd find a 40-50's era airplane guy to design the paint and graphics - absolutely the bare minimum for necessity without extravigant garnishment. The car itself speaks loud and clear and you just can't improve on that.
    Those spring covers were a touch of genius, kinda looks like a chain drive cover.

7. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Keep the aluminum scrubbed down so it keep a Satin texture. Run black numbers with a fine maroon line stripped around the it (number). Then do the interior with a wide pleat OXBLOOD seat and a Damascened dash with a large 5" SW curved glass tach front and center. 4 spoke 17" Bell steering wheel and a hand operated fuel tank pressurizer mounted low on dash.....if that's acceptable at Bonneville.

Kind of this vibe...
    [​IMG]

9. ewt2

ewt2

I love it Bobby! Can't wait to see it in action...

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I just got the fact that both of your race cars are names after booze. That went over my head completely but that may be because I don't drink hahah!!!! It a toast to your expanding empire of bars/lounges....I can dig it!

11. Looks really nice Bobby! I vote for paint. Old patina and bare aluminum or so overrated these days. Finish it pretty. That way you can make your own patina over the next 20 years of racing the thing. Dale

12. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Not just booze, but "bird" booze.
    Old crow, grey goose, wild turkey, famous grouse, and thunderbird.
    I think that's all of em.

13. Paint it, paint it dark so they can see you on the salt!

14. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Damn that's cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Bobby, Love the Gray Goose ! My vote is polished aluminum with logo/numbers in color to match tow vehicle.

Dave

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I haven't really taken too many,but it's in Robert Williams book with Suzanne behind the wheel the day that she bought it in Duarte.

It's tubular framed with an adjustable front spring plate,torsion barred rear(kinda tossing around going back to a rear spring), A Cyclone spooled quickie,had a 37 V8 60 axle, Franklin steering,Cragar 4 spoke wheel, it had been upgraded to lugs and 42-48 drum front brakes,disc rear brakes=Airheart/Aircraft spot brakes,

Ken's Equipment-Hawthorne,CA no hole wheels originally gold anodized, the original aluminum body had been thrashed long ago,so it presently has a 50's era glass replacement as they were considered "peel offs".

One day I'll get an aluminum body back on it,but for now I just have to get it together ;). It will run a 24 stud Cyclone Equipped flatty and I may go with a 3 speed trans vs a Cyclone in-out box so I can play around with at the dry lakes. I've owned since around March of 98.

Yours is incredible though, mine is nothing like that. Great Build!

17. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

Bobby, I left my roadsters aluminum body unpainted for 3 years. I thought it was cool, it was cool but after painting it this year I must admit, it looks better. Still needs stripes and some accents but paint set it off.
    Your car is way over the top, paint it.

18. possible paint scheme.......

Bronze, aluminium, black & red.
    [​IMG]

19. HOW IN THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS!!!! You should have told me Bobby. I want to be there when you first run it! That is just amazing...You keep the old flame burning,Bobby. I can't even imaging hearing that Offy running at speed!
    When do you expect to make the first pass? I wanna be there!!!!!

20. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Spiffy as hell! I'm jealous.

22. monsterflake

monsterflake

PAINT (please). i love the body work, a nice dark color (black or blue) would let everything blend together and look longer and smoother...

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh boy, inspiration just when my two seater is sitting on the back burner waiting for some plus a cash infusion. This one is going to be worth a road trip to watch it race.

24. Dr Goggles

Dr Goggles

Hey Bobby,
    Get a "reverse out" job on it...paint the background, leave the numbers ,class des. and any other signwriting as bare Al color......not unlike the can a few posts back but keep the colors "soft".

It's a piece of work....must have been hard keepin it under your hat.

Hope to catch up at Speedweek.

DrG

25. Colville

Colville

Man, I could go for one of these!

This car looks great, I'd say paint it but something subtle. Everytime I see the big Air Craft fuel tanks at work I think of a car :D

26. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Looking cool.. Cant wait to hear it run!!!

27. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Everything about that is wicked bad-ass!

I don't think it will make any difference if you paint that or not- It will be top shelf either way!

28. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Thanks for the input guys. It seems pretty split 50/50 for paint or not. I'll do some soul searching and we'll see what becomes of it.

And if anyone can help me ID this axle, I'd sure appreciate it. I was told Chrysler, 20's or 30's. Could possibly be Offy? I'm not sure.

Attached Files:

29. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I like this old Crow

Attached Files: