Register now to get rid of these ads!

3D Cad model of small block chev engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brianangus, Jun 24, 2006.

1. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Here ya go.

Be aware that this is drawn from dimensions I've pulled myself off of actual parts in my hands. This info was not supplied by the mfg.

15" Wheel, open star type Winters Magnesium Ultralight Hub, Bearing ID is NOT correct, use external dimensions only, no brake rotor mount drawn.

It's plenty close enough for design work and checking clearances.

Attached Files:

2. xerophobic

xerophobic

Anyone have any updates for this SBC? Ive been playing quite a bit with the models I found here a while back and adding things here and there. My model is supposed to be a ZZ4 so the heads are a bit different. I dont have one to measure so alot of the subtle changes I made arent necessarily to scale (block casting areas etc)

I need a small alternator like you'd see on a racecar, anyone?

If anyone wants anything they see just PM me. I didnt notice the newer block with the bosses so I havent added those yet, altho my block and heads have alot more internal detail already, bores etc

You can see the initial stages of headers are present. I have J bends etc but have not yet come up with the best way to develope equal length tubes "easily"

You can find some parts on Solidworks web site too. I found spark plugs etc there

Cheers

Attached Files:

3. xerophobic

xerophobic

Mashed the block with bosses with mine, not complete, but more detailed

:D

Attached Files:

4. jerryj

jerryj
    from Xenia, OH

This is a great thread. I'm new to the site and I'm excited to see current technologies applied to old school applications. I've been working with CAD systems since 1982 when I started on and Applicon 870/880 system. Currently I work with Unigraphics NX6. Additionally I have been involved with RP technologies since its commercial debut in 1988. I use these technologies daily to design and build a variety on products, equipment and occasionally my own stuff:D My current project is a a 37 Ford Coupe that I intend to power with a blown and EFI flathead. As soon as the weather breaks I'm heading up to the Ford library to get copies of the old flathead drawing so I can reproduce an accurate model that I can design too. I will definitely share it with anyone that needs it.

Does any one have an accurate profile or model of a 15" wheel?

5. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

if anyone has the solidwork files for the sturff discussed in this thread can they send them to me at [email protected]? My work computer wont allow me to open the files

6. lordlrl

lordlrl

If anybody has any files of 3D chevy engines that can be imported into Autocad that are fairly to scale but more important good mounting points that would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]. Here is the start of my sand rail frame that still needs a ton of work, but its a start. :)

Attached Files:

7. redwing

redwing
    from buffalo

Brian,
    I love the model would love to work with it on some Ideas I have would you be able to send it to me in solid works format?

[email protected]

8. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

Here is a front mount that I put together from Paul's Cad sketch. I used the bolt locations from the xt model instead because one or both are wrong.

Attached Files:

9. ssikroria

ssikroria
    from usa

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  10. ssikroria

ssikroria
    from usa

Thank you very much for uploading the cad files. I was wondering if you have CAD design of LS7 engine that would be great.

11. MATTMACCA

MATTMACCA
    from australia

Hey there...was just wondering if it would be possible to get an iges or step file of the 3D small block chev model please...my email is [email protected]

thanks Matt

12. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001
    from Missouri

Does anyone have the sbc cad files in .dwf or .dxf format. Thanks. [email protected]

13. mholm

mholm
    from Hunter, NY

That engine model is awesome! Is there a chance you could send it to me? [email protected]

14. Keep

Keep

I love that no one ever reads the damn thread, but just posts and expects people to jump and get it to them.....

Brian I am sure you are sick of the PM's this thread causes you to get!

15. Is anybody using CoCreate? I've gotta free download and it seems like good software but I'm having a hard time because instructions are nowhere to be found.

16. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

I know there is a download site for the smallblock chevy, but does anyone know of a sharing location for any other Solidworks models? I am looking for a 49-53 Flathead, a C4 trans, a 32 ford grill shell and a 26 roadster body.

-Dave

17. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Guys, You might want to make an intro (in other words read the rules !). It is only polite to follow the guidance that has been set down.

18. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

I was not aware of any rules about making an intro. What is this suppose to be?

19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the intro is requested before placing a classified ad

20. Talk about envious!! You guys rock! Very cool stuff, with guys contributing to the original engine with there parts. It's like a modern day model.

21. oj

oj

What is an x_t file? I am trying to get back into the autocad thing - i cought some undeserving shit on my first attempt at 3d modeling and quit - I've been trying to relearn again and making a set of model 'a' rails but see that there are some in the library. I don't know how to get it into my computer.
    Thanks, oj

22. 26 FlatRod

26 FlatRod

An X_T file is a parasolid File format. Parasolid is a modeling kernal used by certain Cad manufacturers for the basis of there models. I believe Solidworks uses an ACIS kernal, but can save files in several other formats including Parasolid.

23. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Wow! Amazing work here!

I'm working on an OHV conversion for a Cadillac flathead. Would anyone have a combustion chamber, and valves with guides In a CAD file they would share?

Caddy only has a 3.375 bore, so the chamber will have to be modified, but it sure would be helpful!

24. UGNX user

UGNX user

Being a CAD junkie for the last 20 some years. Parasolid is a solid model language that Unigraphics, SolidWorks, Solid Edge and maybe a few others speak in. Catia, the old I-Deas and a few programs used by Ford use ACIS.

At least from what I have found. Course the last version of Catia I used was 4.1 in Unix, so maybe they have changed since then?

25. UGNX user

UGNX user

Oh that is cool. What did you use to create the image?

26. UGNX user

UGNX user

Are there guts to this engine? I mean do you have the pistons, crank, valves and all that in there too? I have been poking around on here looking for links to some drawings for engine parts (internal) because I have an idea I want to try making up....... Just don't know what to start with and figured if I could model up some piston's and connection rods or something, that would give me a start.

27. dirty4

dirty4

I have been using the latest version of Solidwork. It is a great program. I have used Inventor, AutoCad, Alibre Design, SDS2, and Microstation. To me the Solidworks is the most user friendly, I have done a ton of 3D in Autocad but the files get really big.
    thats some good on that small block. I would like to contribute something to it.

28. Kevinswartz

Kevinswartz

Hi guys, is there work in 3d for hot rod enthusiasts?

29. tieu81

tieu81
    from France

Hi everyone!!
    I'm a student in an engeneer school in France!
    And I'm working on a projet which consist to create a car with specific caracteristics!
    Right now I'm searching a car engine because we don't have time to design one!
    I find this post, and i'm asking if someone can send me a car engine for Catia software which support ".iges" or ".step" files, like Solidworks.
    My email adress is [email protected] !!
    Thks

30. 3034

Photoworks which is an add on within Solidworks.