Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 la roadster show dates?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Aug 24, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Anybody know what the dates are for the 50th Anniversary L.A. Roadster Show in 2014 in Pomona?...can't find anything when I Google it.

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Father's Day weekend, just like it always is would be my guess.

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

I've even heard it referred to as The Father's Day Roadster Show.

4. hayu

hayu

june 14&15 2014

5. 'stanggirl

'stanggirl
    from Austin

Hi there,
    I am a wife of a hot rod guy. My hubby is turning 40 mid November and I am wanting to surprise him with a trip to the LA roadster show (we live in Austin) during father's day weekend 2014. I am looking into at least booking a hotel so I can present that as part of his gift. Anyone know of what hotel is a good one to stay at? Any other info would be a great help (never been to California before).

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Red Roof Inn and the Motel 6 in San Dimas are cheap, very close to the Fairplex and a lot of rodders stay at both places.......mingle with the veterans!

CB

7. Northerner

Northerner

The Sheraton Fairplex Hotel is so close to Fairplex that their back door is just a few feet from the entrance to the Fairgrounds.

8. X2 - this is the most convenient as it is on the fairgrounds. There is always a lot going on there at night at well.

9. 'stanggirl

'stanggirl
    from Austin

Thanks guys! I called Sheraton and they are booked. Got a hotel about 5 mins up the freeway within budget. Are there tickets? When do they go on sale?

10. Just walk up to the gate and pay.
    Roadsters get in FREE

11. bluardun

bluardun
    from tucson az.

On your server, go to:
    L A Roadsters
    then click on "Show news"
    It has information about the 2013 show. Everything will be the same except the date will be one day earlier.
    Check your pm, also

12. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

my kids dropped me off at the gate for the 2013 show...my Fathers Day gift.

had a great time...

13. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Great place to stay if you want lose your car

14. uncle buck

uncle buck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    The Sheraton Fairplex Hotel is so close to Fairplex that their back door is just a few feet from the entrance to the Fairgrounds.

Great place to stay if you want lose your car
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my thoughts too.....I have 3 different friends missing their roadsters that will agree

15. hershambob

hershambob

I stayed in the swap meet back in june in a trailor as did loads of others had a great time,it was a party

16. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

So update on "stanggirl" , apparently this is my wife. I had my 30th bday yesterday and she supprised with room reservations for lars '14!!!! Then she told me that she made a hamb profile to find out info,lol . Turns out she posted to this thread and changed the details just enough that I wouldn't know it was here which worked since I was subscribed to the thread and didnt know anything. She didnt even realize this was someone elses thread,she thought she had started her own. Needless to say I am super excited to be going to lars, my amazing wife is putting all of her cash from her extra job this winter to the trip. I am very lucky to say the least!!! Thank you for everyone that steered her in the right direction.

17. Norm J

Norm J

Just noticed this thread and wondered if it's that bad when attending the show with a car. I'm from Ontario, Canada and have thought about bringing my car out to attend the show but unless I can park the car at a friend's house I'd be stuck with it overnight at the hotel, wherever that might be, from the sound of it, not a good idea...a lot of car theft happening...

18. uncle buck

uncle buck

I have driven my roadster to the show in the past and the last trip was with 2 of my friends that had their roadsters stolen from the Sheraton Hotel parking lot a few years earlier. The odds are in your favor that you will be fine. Anytime you drive your car it is a risk you take. If you are really worried , consider installing a tracking device and or some other type of anti-theft system. If nothing else , it will offer you some peace of mind anytime you drive your car. Also make sure your insurance is adequate and you will have coverage for the car. I have been talking with a couple friends and am considering another trip this year. The show is worth the trip. I won't be staying at the Sheraton though.

19. Norm J

Norm J

Thank you Uncle Buck for the follow up. I've been to shows where the host hotel seems to have great over night security but never had my car there. Being so far from home it would certainly be a lot more risk involved, but a tracking device would be a great idea, also a talk with the insurance people would be good to do seeing that its out of country.

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's all the info for you----Have a great time on Fathers Day!!!:D:D

Attached Files:

21. Norm J

Norm J

Thank you for the follow up. Noticed your reply much earlier and thought I replied then, guess I didn't. The tips and thoughts are much appreciated.

22. Norm J

Norm J

Wow, that's strange...my earlier reply shows up when I posted what I just did now. So I'm not losing my mind, I had replied. *LOL*

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

this is a great show. even if you are not a big roadster fan ya gotta to go. one of the best swaps on the West Coast, lots of commercial vendors, locals shops have open house events, etc. if you have a H.A.M.B. friendly ride there is special parking area with lots to look at. as for stolen cars, most every big event has possible problems.