Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Darryl Hollenbeck/Vintage Color Studio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlowandLow63, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

It is owed by a good friend by the name Norm Ricardo, Thanks

2. You can't post too many photos!!!

3. 61TBird

61TBird

If he wants to practice on a Thunderbird,I know where one is....:rolleyes::D

4. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

man darryl , you are lucky to have such a great wife that can pull this stuff up so quick , it is very cool you guys have such a great collection of photos. it is always neat to see a masters work. thank yall for throwing those up!

5. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Tons of talent behind that paint gun. I met your dad when I was probably 14 or so, i fell in love with his Merc, by the time my dad found me I was behind the wheel and with the biggest grin I could ever have. I have a ton of respect for the work you do.

6. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Dad would be very proud. It's nice to see that the two of you have such wonderful roots in this hobby. RIP Dale!
    Mike

7. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Darryl Hollenbeck is one very talented man.He's known for his outstanding work but I'm still waiting for my Calori Ford video.

8. glassguy

glassguy

thanks for starting this bill... hoping for way more pics!!

9. inkmunky

inkmunky

10. Mucha Muchacha

Mucha Muchacha

Norm Ricardo (he happens to be my Boyfriend too!)
    I have more of the wagon you might not have seen!!! Darryl is an extremely talented and no ego about it! We are blessed to have friends like him and Terri in our lives!(they are good peeps)
    Norm(the wagon owner) got this car the other year, it was clean and black to begin with, but you know how car people are...
    The wagon started as a simple paintjob, but as Darryl and Norm kept going, next thing you know everything was taken apart, motor pulled....and it was on! There isn't a detail that Darryl left undone. In every crevice of that car has some crazy design...even under the doors!!!

Attached Files:

11. wow ! doesn't get any better than Darryl Holllenbeck !

12. TheRookie

TheRookie
    from Sparks NV

13. James66g

James66g

I stood and drooled and stood some more off and on saturday at gnrs and then again at Sac AutoRama. I have no idea what a paint job from hollenbeck would cost but I sure wish i could swing him redoing my galaxie!

14. momosc

momosc
    from California

Have you seen that '37 Ford he and Aiello did for Hetfield and Dore called the "Crimson Ghost?" I gotta know what color that is!!

15. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Well its taken awhile but our web site is back up and has swag for sale, here is a sample of whats available

Go Check it Out!
    www.vintagecolorstudio.com

Attached Files:

16. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Kool, just about the best painter around.

17. toxictom

toxictom

i visit his shop 2 years ago,at this time he`s working on that zephir for kirk ! hes very friendly and answered all my questions...thanx for your shop tour darryl :)

18. I am really shocked to read that the wagon only has 150-200 hours of paint time. Look at all that work! Shocking.

Awesome work every time.

19. Yes-maybe 150-200 hrs 'paint time'
    -I would guess likely 10 times that amount of 'prep time' and a truck load of masking materials

20. Can you imagine the bill for tape and masking paper alone!? I agree though, spraying timer vs the rest of the time in the booth must add up to plenty more hours.

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

saw the wagon today at Pleasanton. looking good.

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Darryl is a Genius ........

23. I talked to Darryl a few days before christmas ,super nice guy . I had a mystery of sorts that he shed some light on . 7 ,8 or 10 years back a buddy of mine relocated from the antioch ,concord area of cal to my part of colorado , he drug an old paint booth with him ,it wouldn't fit in my tiny shop and another guy ended up with it ,he didn't use it and I ended up with it , so it sat in a field since 08 till 2 weeks ago ,and since we had moved to a much larger shop a couple of years ago my oldest boy who works with me said "why don't we stand that booth up" . went and got it ,hosed it down and flipped the door over and found this ...bonanza

Attached Files:

dbowtie likes this.
  24. Darryl exclaimed ,oh who got the old Acme booth ,and set about telling me of all the vehicles that grace this booth , now not to seem ignorant ,my reason for calling Darryl is that his name had the latest date on it .Yes I do now the history of Gene Winfield Art Himsl and Darryl Hollenbeck ,and even guessed correctly ,saying to my son that the jack and john had to be John Aiello . Having 40+ years in the body/paint and restoration and an avid custom and hot rod fan ,my heart was racing as he told me of the zocchi ,d'agostino and dore cars that went thru this booth . it's not the holy grail of custom finds and likely not worth much more than scrp prices , but as a painter and custom enthusiast it is one of my prized possesions

Attached Files:

25. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That booth is just all kinds of cool! Thanks for sharing it.

26. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Very cool to have that booth.
    Mike