Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2009 GNRS: Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Ryan,

Thanks so much for the coverage and all you do,.... and especially thank you for the Jalopy Journal and the H.A.M.B. , I am really proud of being a member here.

3. Deadender60

Deadender60

I just got back from Pomona, and must say it was a good show.. didn't get to see everything or everyone (only went to the show Saturday) but I had a good time.. Didn't get to vote for a roadster.... good lookin contenders..

-Juan

4. Lucky77

Lucky77

Thanks for the coverage, the show looks incredible. I think I'll try and swing a trip out there to see our pal RB Roadster when he moves out Cali. It just might have to coincide with the GNRS.

5. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

nice work! loved reading/voting over the weekend.

that lowboy is awesome... and, from the looks of it, driven.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

The coverage was outstanding Ryan, thank you so much for that and thanks goes out to every one else who made the show what it was. It was one of the best car shows I have been to in many years.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Glad you seemed to make it there and back and have a pretty good time. Even though I only went down for Sat., I know I enjoyed it. I am sure the next 10 years for the 70th will be here in no time and you can look forward to that. :D

8. jick

jick
    from london

i just wanna take this opportunity to thank Ryan, everyone else who has assisted him and all the people who have posted pictures up on here of the show....it really is inspirational stuff.
    i'm going to be there next year for sure.
    thanks again everyone.....jick.

9. Thanks, Ryan, for the pics, coverage and comments on this iconic event. We all appreciate everything you do. Glad you're back home safely with some fabulous memories.....Don.

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Glad to hear you hooked up wtih Troy. He seems like a super nice guy and has helped me out a few times.

11. Sure glad everything worked out,so you could have such a great time,you deserve it.I'm sure,all of those people you met,and shared the good times with, were as honoured to meet you as you were to meet them. Thank You, and all the others,who have posted, for the event coverage. One more step towards, "Total Domination of the Hot Rod World"!:D

12. jerry

jerry

Thank you Ryan for the coverage and organizing the JJ trophy.

Looking forward to seeing you at LSRU,.

jerry

13. sololobo

sololobo

Hey Chief, thanks for making this great event much more interesting for us folks who didn't make the trip. Your trip sounds like a super adventure and a priviledge to hang with such luminaries and cool folks all around. The J.J. award was very tastefully done, it made me, and I am sure all of us very proud. Going above and beyond to make it exciting and interesting for us does not go unrecognised. Special kudos for Dr. Dan and John Joyo for hanging with you to enhance the experience. Humbled~Sololobo~

14. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

15. Thanks for biting the bullet and doing an indoor show, now we just have to get you to Detroit... in February.

16. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Great show this year and good to see everyone. If only we could have stayed another week.....31st, DJ Quik at the Key Club. If you're there, pour a little out for me.

17. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Excellent choice. Tom's roadster is traditional and elegant.

Did anyone get pictures of the award presentation?
    - Joe

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks Ryan, great job

19. Ryan, thanks for making this event even better than last year and, it was fun for those who couldn't be there. Great pictures from everyone - Thanks!
    Al

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Most excellent coverage
    Great editorial.

21. What a dream trip! Getting to hang out with so many cool people in one weekend...

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

Thanks for making it fun, Ryan.

23. Retrorod

Retrorod

Thanks Ryan. Great job, regardless of the photo quality it's still a good job.

The GNRS is usually a "must see" for us but this year my usually robust health let me down.....I ended up being horizontal all weekend......drinking alot of fluids etc., etc..and couldn't make the show. Thanks again.

24. Great coverage and a very deserving pick for the HAMB! Quite frankly, 32 Fords don't do much for me and have been over done... BUT, if done just right then they are money and that one is money. Gorgeous car!!

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You did a fine job taking us there with you, Ryan. Thanks!

26. Thanks for the coverage...Tom's roadster is right on and the award well deserved...it's funny I ran into a couple of people that had grand plans on hitting alot of different places and basically all said the same thing...they didn't realize how much L.A. sprawls and all it takes is one snag on the freeways and all timetables/plans are out the window...what an awesome collection of cars and talent...I had a great time

27. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Thanks for all of your efforts. It was great to be able to vote and vicariously participate in the Jalopy Journal award for the GNRS.

28. Thanks Ryan. Your coverage was great for all us poor unfortunates that could not go. I think we made the right choice for the award.
    Later,
    Dick

29. Thanks so much for letting me enjoy your view of the GNRS through the HAMB while sitting in in the dark in my underwear..trying to be like you as much as I can ..
    glad you kept the rubber side up !

rest up and get more (Ryans 2009 GNRS view) pictures ready!!....

#seven from heaven..........

30. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Nice Dirty Dancing reference!

:)