Register now to get rid of these ads!

KC Greaserama Car Show 2013 Is Moving!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCCOS, Jul 1, 2013.

1. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

[​IMG]
    GO TO WWW.GREASERAMA.COM FOR ALL INFO

GREASERAMA 2013
    We're Moving!

Well, last year was supposed to be "The end of the world as we knew it", according to the Mayans. We are still here and emerging into a new era of GREASERAMA.

... In the early years our venue started out as small get togethers at a park in Lawrence, KS. As we started to see the gathering of like minded people, we needed to come up with a larger venue for the GREASERAMA as it was now going to be a full on Punk Rock car show in Kansas City, and El Torreon ballroom became the venue for 2001.

We had a very fun, roots style, show there for our friends and interested parties for 4 years. We realized that there were more out there that dug the same culture of Punk Rock, Hot Rods and Art because we started to buy permits to close off city streets to encompass our little show rather than it just being in the parking lot.

After growing beyond our closed off street parameters we decided that it was time to take the show to the next level and a great opportunity to move into a new venue, The Boulevard Drive-In. This allowed us to create something totally new for 2006, a car show in a classic drive-in theater that would allow us to play cult and B movies to our spectators for evening entertainment.

Well we have had a great 6 year run at this location. We are on the verge of reaching the 1000 mark for registered car entries and space has become an issue again.
    For 2013 the GREASERAMA caveman emerges to a new world and I am happy to announce that we are moving the show this year to the Platte County Fairgrounds, just north of Kansas City in the small town of Tracy, MO (less then 30 miles from the Boulevard Drive-In). We believe that you will find the atmosphere pleasant with plenty of elbow room for all in attendance.

As the show progresses and grows, we find it hard to decide on an area that keeps the vibe with the uniqueness of GREASERAMA. Many people don't like change. We don't like change. Many of the old timers wish we still had the show at the El Torreon. We miss it too. We won't have movies this year, which will be a bummer to some people, but stay posted for new forms of entertainment and additions to the show. This year will include a show car display in an enclosed, air conditioned venue, a huge vintage swap meet area along with a bigger, better band line up and some unannounced excitement that you will find out as we get closer to Labor Day Weekend.

We are staying focused on our roots, Punk Rock, Hot Rods and Art. The show will always stay focused on the dreams that our founder, Punk Rod Todd, had envisioned.

We continue to grow and welcome anyone that wants to experience a Kowtown Custom GREASERAMA, the Midwest's only Punk Rock Car Show.

Please be patient as things are progressing each day. Stay tuned and look for updates on www.greaserama.com

pre-registration will open on the 8th of July.

VPRT!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

3. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

You guys need to have a sister show at the wichtia ks drive in. Interested?
    \

4. We have our hands full with our own show.
    Planning and prep already consumes a year
    We tried to do two shows in a year and
    It was a little to much
    I encourage you to start your own show
    I would be happy to give you any advice
    Or answer any questions you might need
    Dave. Los punk rods. Greaserama

5. sololobo

sololobo

Great stuff, The South Omaha Turds Automotive Brotherdhood is scurrying to be ready for the event. Excited about the new venue, way closer to us. See ya all there. ~sololobo~

6. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Sounds Great!! See you guys at the show.

7. Sent my reg in and am looking forward to the new digs......See ya all in Sept.
    Pop's

Trix Saum likes this.
  8. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

1400+ GREASERAMA #13 pre-registration entry forms were sent out earlier this week. Keep an eye out for yours and pre-register so you get a goody bag.
    [​IMG]

9. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

History
    Written by Punk Rod Todd VLPRT!

The Punk Rods were conceived in 1998 by me and Punk Rod Paul, while hanging out where I worked- Lawrence's long-defunct 'Hi-Jinx Lounge' swing and rockabilly bar. By 2000 we had made up club shirts and jackets. In 2001 the opportunity to use K.C. Punk rock club El Torreon for music fest- with daytime car show- presented itself. It was an idea I'd wanted to implement since the Hi-Jinx days; to do a 'Greaser's Ball' type show sponsored by my pomade company:American Greaser Supply. It did not take much thinkin' to come up with the moniker “K”owtown “C”ustom Greaserama for the 2001 show. It was around 20 bands with a small art display.
    About 5 dozen rods, kustoms, and vintage beaters showed up through some last-minute word-of-mouth & the fliering of a few parts stores, cruise nights, and swap meets- who we were (for the most part) strangers to. Well, not the parts stores and swaps, but the shows and cruise nights. We had long been bored by the red Camaros, yellow 57's, and black hi-tech Deuces prevalent at most shows of the day; the crybaby dolls, the craft areas, the coca-cola gift shop cutie-pie Happy Days homogenization of what we grew up seeing as the realm of cool black leather jacket clad hoodlums is not a scene we frequented. We were pretty much outsiders in the car scene. But, as we have learned, there were many, many people- of all ages- thinking the exact same thing- being disappointed by only 5-10 cars we dug at even the Biggest Car Show.
    We found that folks of all stripes share our automotive values, and they slowly came out from under their rocks and out of the woodwork: old farmers who haven’t raced or shown since the 70's, old school low riders, bikers of all sorts, vintage drag nuts, kloset kempers, dropout to academic, teenager to WWII vet, 'lone nut' inventors, absent-minded professors, Car club greasers, Pin-up Girls, black, white, brown, dirt poor or middle class, Punkers, Metalheads, Rockabillys, & white belt hipsters, artists & junkyard operators; you see 'em all in joyful, spirited discussion of their own and others expression of their taste and exchange ideas and opening up their hearts and minds at Greaserama. It always warms my heart to see some 18 year old mohawk punker just striking up a friendly conversation with an 80 year old farmer. At this show we all got an appreciation for the tin in common, no need for posturing or any of that one-upmanship B.S. here.
    Thanks for coming!
    Punk Rod Todd, Art Director
    Questions? Email: [email protected]

10. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Art work for the 2013 Greaserama trucker hat. Everyone that pre-registered will get a hat in there goody bag plus more.

[​IMG]

11. Registration sent. Motel set. I'm ready. looking forward to it.
    Later,
    Dick

12. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

NEW starting this year at Greaserama "THE SWEET SIXTEEN". Presenting 8 rod and kustoms and 8 vintage cycles in the indoor main building. Come and check them out!! THE SHIT WE LIKE!

[​IMG]

13. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Lay out of the new Greaserama site.

[​IMG]

14. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Will it still be going into the night like at the Boulevard? That's when it gets fun

15. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Hell yes! We will have bands playing till 1am on Sat.

16. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

[​IMG]

Come Check It Out!!!!

17. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

18. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Looking forward to coming down !

19. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

So bummed I can't make it this year. By far one of my favorite shows. Good luck at your new location Los Punkrods!

20. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

It's that time of year. Another new era for this show. I've been there every year since the first one. I have not been to many shows this season. Missed SK500 in May and Salina in July because of medical reasons. Making up for it by going to Greaserama and Starliner.

21. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Any interest in a HAMB and eggs get together on saturday or sunday morning before the festivities start? If there is enough interest (especially out if towners), i may organize something since I am only a few miles away from the fairgrounds.

22. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Cave Man say "GREASERAMA FUN!!"

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

T&A Flathead, we are game for HAMB and Eggs :)

24. gassa-garage

gassa-garage

....be making the trip up for the show from Florida..........second time there the show is a blast !!!

25. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I'd be down, but I'll only be able to make it on Sunday. :(

26. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Sloppy you get your shoebox back together yet? see you at the show.

27. Making the trip from Lubbock Texas w/ 2 cars. Never did get anything in the mail yet, am I supposed to? Registered online and got an email is that enough?

28. T&A if you end up doing something let me know. We are going to be up from Lubbock TX and have family about 40 min north of PC. Be nice to find a place to hang a little closer to the fairgrounds.

29. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

Rowdy when did you reg online? The club member that does reg does them one to two time per week.

30. Battleship Bill

Battleship Bill
    from Itasca, IL

Is on site camping allowed?