Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 fenton with dual climatic question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by liljonny, Oct 6, 2012.

1. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

So I finally got my fenton dual 1bbl intake for my 58 biscayne. So for now I'm gonna run my stock exhaust manifold w/ heat riser. My front carb choke will be connected to the original heat riser tube from the manifold. Now the back carb is my question... can I place a fitting on the choke and run tubing to the threaded hole on the side of the manifold? I know on my stock manifold that's where the old wiper hose went to. I need heat right? Is that sufficient? Thanks

2. wawuzit

wawuzit
    from tennessee

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. But if you keep the orginal exhaust manifold you'll have to use a plate to block the exhaust gases from coming out or you'll have exhaust going both ways (top and bottom), The Fenton intake will not match up to the orginal exhaust, You can install a heat kit and run tubing to the intake from the exhaust. As far as Vacuum goes you can put a tee on the intake if you need two vacuum sources.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

I'm going to have a dual 1bbl intake. Not a single intake like u have in your picture.

4. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

So I guess my next question should be... is anyone with a dual fenton 1bbl running dual climatic choke 1bbl rochesters? And how did you hook up both chokes? Thanks

5. Inline

Inline
    from Ohio

I'm running a repo offy intake with dual 1bbl rochesters with a stock exhaust manifold. The front carb is connected to the original heat riser tube and I removed the choke completley on the rear carb. This has worked great and I never have a problem with it starting. It's similar to original v8 factory tripower setups with the center carb only having a choke.

If you wanted to run dual chokes, why not get another one of the sheetmetal pieces that the heat riser tube goes into and place it on the rear of the exhaust manifold?

If you run tubing to the threaded hole of the intake, you probably will have a vacuum leak as the choke mechanisms are not sealed.

Dave

6. Curt B

Curt B

It did for me. Either fab a second heat stove/pipe or if it's ugly get rid of it all together. X2 on choking only one carb as I have the front one wired open and a cable to the rear.

Attached Files:

7. 270ci

270ci

There is no need to run two chokes...all of the factory dual carb applications used only one because it works better with a single choke and you do not have the additional hassle of trying to synchronize both to be fully open or closed at the same time. why make it more complicated?

8. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

Thanks guys. Since the choke is on the carb can I just put like an acorn nut on it ? Or do I need to have it removed? I've never removed a choke before.

9. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

10. servi53

servi53

sounds like Curt said he just wired open the one that he's not using

11. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

How would I do that with a climatic choke. My rochesters look similar to curt but mine are both off a 58. I think those are earlier. I have a threaded nipple coming out the round choke cap.

12. Kirk Wilmes

Kirk Wilmes
    from Altus, OK

I have the front carb on mine that operates the advance on the distributor and the second one has a plug in it.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app