Register now to get rid of these ads!

NYC SBC Oil pan Issues!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BronxMopars1, May 4, 2012.

1. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Luckily I havent had any yet (well maybe 1 or two little scrapes) but I know its coming! Here's my issue I live in the Bronx NY and just about everyone on the Right Coast knows how good out roads are especially the Cross Bronx Expressway! My car is low, and the motors VERY low does anyone make an extra low profile oilpan for a Chevy small block?

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

3. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Google Stefs.

4. One Finger John

One Finger John

Try Slam Pans. Just remember that the lowest part of the pan can be no lower than the ring gear on the flywheel.

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

If you are that close, you are still gonna be awful tight with any kind of shallow style oil pan.

I think I would be concentrating on a skid plate of some sort to eliminate the potential impending disaster.

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Thanks fella's. I think a skid plate is gonna look terrible the drain plug is the only thing that has touched to date even if I could get a pan with the plug on the back not the bottom I'd feel a little better