Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenton dual exhaust in '50 Ford convertible

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Dino

Dino

Hi All,

Does anyone have a pic showing a good way to run the driver's side exhaust on this car? Engine is flathead with cast Fenton headers, and I have the Red's Headers extension pipes for a convertible.

Thanks,

Dino

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

My experience with Fentons and Red's extensions is that everything connects and fits , out of the box....

3. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ps; Are you using Red's extensions , made for Fentons, or for Red's tubular headers ? The ones for Fentons are connected using 2 bolt flanges....Extensions for tube headers are "slip-on" extensions.

4TTRUK

4. Dino

Dino

They are for Fentons. They have the two bolt flanges and match the cast Fenton flanges perfectly.

I just got off the phone with Jim at Red's Headers, who informed me that they've never made extensions for a convertible with Fentons, and doesn't believe they will work. I bought these things five or six years ago and they've been on the shelf ever since, but I can't remember if I bought them directly from Red's. They do have the oval Red's tags welded on. I told Jim I would email the part numbers off them tomorrow.