Register now to get rid of these ads!

The something-millionth Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Jalopy Journal, Jan 17, 2012.

1. The Jalopy Journal

The Jalopy Journal

2. burnout2614

burnout2614

Add in all the other non-Fords that are mis-identified as Fords and you have a bazillion! peace

3. And just think Ryan, if Henry had his way we would all still be driving black Model T's...................

4. eddie1

eddie1

Due to economies of scale & not having to spend money on development on new models the cost of a new car would be about $47.50.

5. Another long dead thread is revived after a 5 year nap!:D HRP

6. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

Ryan, are you the kid tippin your hat

7. terry48435

terry48435

Love the kids following the cameraman in the video.

8. In many years Ford was outsold by other makes, so I don't think it was just numbers, but Ford developed all steel bodies and the wood interstructures of the other makes did not survive. This is another valuable input, or crazy theory, for your debating pleasure.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

Hey, do an intro you filthy FNG!!!...hahaha, kidding...

10. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I often sit and wonder what it would be like to have been raised up in a period of time when Ford was making their 10th, 15th, or 20th million car.

Those cars were certainly crude contraptions when compared to what cars are being made today, but their sheer number produced make me awestruck at times. We have lost something along the way to our addiction to power seats, power windows, climate control, sound systems, navigational aids, and computer controlled everything.

I suppose it is easy to glorify such an age, surely they had their problems, but the comparative simplicity of life seems very attractive to me right at this point in time.

Why do we strive to make everything so damned complicated? I don't know, I guess it doesn't matter much at this point anyway.....

11. 2935ford

2935ford

And I think Henry used a little more steel vs wood than the rest of the car makers.

12. daddio211

daddio211

100 lashes for Jive it is! Old fan belt, perhaps? Regardless, I enjoyed the read, pictures and video. Thanks for sharing whoever did it! LOL

13. duste01

duste01

We all gotta start somewhere don't we.

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

The 20th Century should've been named the Henry Ford Century.And now they're the only non-foreigner,non-union owned car company in America.I smell a new Mustang in my future.

15. Clark

Clark

Hmmmmm....a friend has what he calls the 1,000,000th 1940 Ford. It's a 4 door just like the 40 in those pics. Wonder if it's the same car.
    Clark

16. RodStRace

RodStRace

It's quite possible you were here for the 100 millionth.
    I saw it at the Imperial Palace a while back. My dad, a Ford man bought a similar car new. I still have it, the only Ford I own.
    [​IMG]