Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. fuzz991

fuzz991

I took the pictures of this 49' Chopped Ford back in the late fiftys, it belong to Jim Galvin of Ottawa , Illinois then it went to Tom Gibb of Morris, after that nobody knows, probaly in a barn ??????

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Hey Fuzzy, there ain't no pictures here.

B:DB

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Here is the page out of Classic and Custom that OOMACK said it was featured.

Attached Files:

4. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

Old and Krusty, you are correct sir.The white "56" Chevy belonged to Carol Lewis. That was Dean's girl back in the day. It was one of the very few saved that dark day in Kustom history.

5. [​IMG]
    The Testa car looks real good in this color,very cool picture.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my all time favorite pictures, thanks for posting it on the HAMB.

Happy Trails, Mick

7. ajscollectables

ajscollectables

Auctions America by RM's will be auctioning Frank Kurtis "Buick Special" at Auburn Fall Collector Car Auction, Swap Meet and Car Corral, September 1,2011-Sept. 4, 2011

Location Auburn,Indiana

Bid at Auction or Contact seller below.

Contact Seller Either by phone or email.

Phone First.

Please call : 317- 402- 2222

Email: [email protected]

8. [​IMG]
    Buster Litton ford at Long Beach marine stadium,this is such a great picture of a custom parked around a bunch of other cars.I was here watching some boat races last month and wondering where exactly this picture was taken. Thanks Rik for reworking this shot so we dont dont see the center of the binding.

9. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

What an incredible shot! Could you imagine walking through a parking lot and seeing that car just sitting there?

10. [​IMG]
    :) It really pays to follow the latest trends. :) 1995

11. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

That poor mercury.

12. It is a very nice car until you get a look at the back.

13. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

People really loved to use those lights on all kinds of cars. what does the front look like?

14. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

WOW!!! thats SO FINE ride! LOL!!!

No really its a great looking custom.

15. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

16. [​IMG]
    I really like this,of coarse I would change some minor things but I think is a great looking car right here.

atomickustom likes this.
  17. twochops

twochops

Here's the rear view showing the 50 MERCURY rear window.
    TwoChops
    left click to enlarge

Attached Files:

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that it would be kool to see where all of the 90's built "trendy' kustoms are at
    today. Hopefully some of them were repaired back to Koolness. A lot of 90 whatever
    Caddys lost there tailights to Kustoms back then.

Tradition never goes out of style, it will always be kool.

Happy Trails, Mick

19. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

I just got this old photo a couple weeks ago, from the lady who owned it in the late 70's.

Attached Files:

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That picture is priceless.... Congrats on getting a hold of it.

21. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

22. froghawk

froghawk

I've got photos of that car taken at the Carlisle, PA Swap Meet sometime late '70-early '80s. Will try to find 'em when I get home tonight.

23. S.F.

S.F.

That car is Shaboom, built by Don Beoke "The Egyptian" from Dayton Ohio.

24. froghawk

froghawk

Here's Lukydevl's '55 at Spring Carlisle, PA Swap Meet in 1981....

Attached Files:

25. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

That car was in Connecticut for the longest time. These pictures were taken in '02... the last time I saw it.
    I had heard a story once that the parents of the kid who owned it back in the day, had it built for him while he was in the service because they knew he liked custom cars. Apparently he disliked it because it was a four door and sold it almost immediately. Not sure if that's true or not, but that is what I had heard years ago.
    PM me and I will give you the old Conn. owners contact info. He will have a lot of info on the car.

Attached Files:

26. Rikster

Rikster

Here are a few more photos of the Tom Nielsen Collection...

Another photo from the Tom Nielsen Collection is this great looking 1940 Ford Coupe belonging to Tom's Neighbor, Bill Fleenor Bill built the car himself in 1955 and had the car till 1958. It has some very tasteful modifications as this 3/4 view shows. smoothed decklid, 1941 Stude tailights, 1946 Ford gas flap in the rear fender, 1948 Chevy smoothed bumpers an a nice black lacquer paint job. The stance was perfect for the car in that period, and it still looks great and it can go both as a Street Rod or Custom, but the smooth hubcaps, wide whites and Appleton Spotlights qualify this one as a Custom. This was the car got Tom into Custom Cars. I can surely imagine that if you see this in the drive way every day of the week!

[​IMG]

Another photo from the Tom Nielsen Collection is this interior photo of Tom's brothers 1940 Ford coupe. The care was painted white lacquer and they used two 1940 Ford dashboards to create this Custom Dash which looks really great. This photo must have been taken during the installation of the new dash for the car. Note that the handles of the Appleton spotlights where removed, and the ashtray's are not in place either.

[​IMG]

This photo of this 1955 Ford was taken by Tom at a parade in Everett, Wa. when he was about twelve years old. It had been a nearly new four door and the owner made into a two door and added '56 Buick tailights.

[​IMG]

Great snapshot from the Tom Nielsen Collection. This time a color photo of the Spokane, Washington's David Johnson 1953 Chevy. David Chopped his Chevy 3,5 inches, sectioned the body another 3 inches and lowered the suspension a couple of inches as well. The side trim which is hard to tell from this photo comes from a 1954 Pontiac. The grille from a 1956 Chrysler and the canted quad headlights from a 1957 Chrysler. The split front bumper is 1955 Pontiac, and the Purple paint amazing. The car won the Full Custom Award at the 1962 World's Fair car show in Seattle, where this photo was taken.

[​IMG]

Another photo from the Tom Nielsen Collection is this very nice 1956 Plymouth. Tom took this photo at a local dragstrip in the later parts of the 1950's. The 1954 Chevy grille looks amazingly well in this otherwise mild custom. Tom could not remember much about this car, so we don't know a color or a name of the owner/builder. All we know is that this 1956 Plymouth mild custom looks really well.

[​IMG]

27. Wow great batch of pictures again Rik,I really like the pic of the indoor carshow.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  28. customcory

customcory

I always wondered what shade of purple was on that 53 Chevy, thanks Rik!

29. Rikster

Rikster

Two more photos from the Tom Nielsen photo albums...

This time a very nicely done 1940 Ford four door. The car was from from Vancouver, BC and owned by Fred Welsh. This photo was taken outside of a show at the Arlington dragstrip. A pretty rare photo since the car was a real show car with a chromed undercarriage which included the frame. The wheel wells where painted white with Purple fogging. The door handles where shaved, the license plate set into the trunk. A set of canted Lincoln headlights was set into the front fenders. And both and rear the car use 1937 DeSoto bumpers.

[​IMG]

Here is another photo of Fred Welsh his 1940 Ford four door show Custom. This photo shows the car was constantly updated for a new show car season. This time the car was updated with among many other details dual 1959 Cadillac taillights canted - just like the Lincoln headlights - into the rear fenders. The purple paint with contrasting white interior is looking really great. And so are all the chrome chassis details.

[​IMG]