Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please don't buy this Rat Fink Sticker!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sonny Depalma, Nov 15, 2010.

1. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

That sucks!! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the scrotum of whomever stole your artwork !!

2. dudley32

dudley32

o.k. thanks for the info...d32

3. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Like Weez said its cool if you want to tattoo our art on your body or even paint it on a t-shirt. It's when you take original art remove our name and mass produce it and sell to dealers all over the country. The dude selling them on e-bay even had the balls to put a water mark over the art to protect him from getting ripped off artwork that he ripped off me. I have a guy in Australia making tin signs with my art on it, t-shirts from Michigan and in Japan they are making a stuffed plush toy of this artwork all without my consent and no $$$$$$$ I enjoy what I do and like to share it with others and will continue to do so.Thanks all to who responded and for your support, I am just tired of gettin ripped off. Sonny

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Sonny,.. you are a top shelf guy all the way,.. your artwork is totally amazing !,... Ed knew you did a better job with Rat Fink than even him,... I know you know this, but your to humble to mention it. Rat Fink was near and dear to Ed, and he chose you to leave his image in your capable hands (what a great honor). It's a shame that this guy is ripping you off,.. it disrespects not only you,... but also the memory of Ed Roth.

Hey,... next time your in Michigan, we'll go back to Bob Evans,... and stick Clyde with the bill ! :eek::):D:D:D

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

Putting this thread back to the top, Sonny. Love your work.

6. Alfred_E_Newman

Alfred_E_Newman
    from USA

by the way you have some copyrighted logos and trade marks in your avatar(FLying Eye, Woodpecker, etc.) which I am guessing is also one of your artworks? Ironically one of these companies could post a thread about artists like you that use their logos in their paintings and such, for resell.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I searched for copyrights for both. The copyrights for the Flying Eyeball are way after the fact and there is plenty of prior art and lack of protecting it. I can't seem to find anything for the Woodpecker, but first Thrush would have to go after Clay Smith which predates theirs. So quit being a douche. You're clueless.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

8. Hmm. Every post that you make seems to be intended to stir up trouble, provoke an argument, or insult someone else. You are an Internet troll, by definition.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that you have been banned from this site in the past under a different name.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'd also be interested to see if he has the copyrights on the stuff he's selling.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523106

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526506

10. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

I don't recognize the pictures shown for the CD as anyone's work I'm familiar with, so maybe those images ARE his- I'm pretty sure he does NOT have the copyright to the old Clay Smith bird.

Shit... does this guy have the rights to use Alfred E. Neuman's image and likeness?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

11. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Maybe he IS Alfred E. Neuman?:eek::D

12. pastlane

pastlane

The vector clip art images match an old cd I have here purchased years ago from Dave Looper. Dave did some freelance stuff for American Rodder.

Dave, is that you???

13. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Sonny as I mentioned previously
    I have had this happen to me in the past
    And I&#8217;m now real cautious about how I display images online
    I agree with Keith
    Steel my S$%T and I&#8217;m going to track you down and our conversation in the parking lot wont be pleasant for one of us
    A simple solution is just imbed a watermark in Photoshop
    It&#8217;s a real bitch to remove
    Let me know if I can be of any other help

Jim

Shameless Promotion if anybody is interested

http://jimcassatta.blogspot.com/

Attached Files: