Register now to get rid of these ads!

four doors are so gay... but what can i say i like men.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldcarfan, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougHH

DougHH

i get how some people may prefer 2 doors. Me personally i dont care. I like 4 doors, i like 2 doors. I just dont get how some people seem to make such a big deal on what some other dork might think in his own make believe world.

Thats a cool car. i dig it man, well done. i'da passed on a shitty 2 door for a decent 4. Starting with a good foundation is more important imho but hey thats just my opinion...

however my mind is still blown by the announcement that you like men in the thread title....

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

3. DougHH

DougHH

Dont hold it against him, He was probably just upset about his tiny little penis.

4. lawman

lawman

Nice ride !!!! My first custom was 53 Chev 4 door.Have fun and enjoy it. Tom ( Tired Old Man)

5. 4 doors can be cool. i mean look at the 60's continentals. like was said, you can score a really nice 4 door for less than a basket case 2 door in most cases.

6. I'd ride that (mordoor, that is!) Nice Rockstar!

7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Can't tell the difference from behind the wheel!

8. wild willey

wild willey

Drop da ass end couple more inches get some continental kit fender skirtz and some spider caps! SA-WEET ride!! MORE DOOR..... MORE WHOREZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

9. hoop

hoop

Most of my cars have been 4 doors.Gotta love em.

10. teddyp

teddyp

i have a coupe,a 2 dr sedan, and a big old 4 door caddy i use the 4 dr more then the other 2 it,s great for swap meets and when i have buddy,s with me

11. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

one thing ill say that was pretty great about getting a four door is...

the old lady was bitching for monthes when i was looking a 54, but as soon as i found the 4 door i was telling her how it was gonna be more practical and WE would get more out of buying it, ect ,ect..

then all the sudden it became a great idea and almost like she was the one telling me i should get it, so that worked our pretty great.

so its a cool custom to me, and a good gas mileage getting practical grocery getter for her.

even though shes never gonna drive the damn thing. haha.

12. Good to see any old car back on the street! Pity the poor guy that drives a mini van to work everyday and never gets to enjoy the experience of owning and driving an old car cause he can't get past the fact it has 4 doors.
    Good looking ride-have fun with it!
    Jim

13. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

4-doors are great cars. There are only a few at any show. And trust me, when you have kids in car seats, those doors are a blessing!

14. rear handles have all ready been shaved, like the good old days.

15. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

oldcarfan,

First off, kudos to you for coming out as a homosexual. That was a pretty brave thing to do on a forum full of cantankerous old timers and ex-punk rock/skateboarder too cool for school hipster doofuses! I'm sure you know you were taking a huge risk of not being accepted here as a man lover. So good on you!

Second, you did a great job with the chevy! The color looks good. Flashy and flamboyant, but not in a homosexual way. Stance is nice, but I'd like it a little lower front and back with skirts. I can understand though if you don't like skirts, lol.

:D:D:D

Seriously, you did a great job. Nice work, and the car looks really good. Shaving the front door handles too would've done a lot for the cause. The whole 4 door vs. 2 door thing is really beyond me. I had a four door '53 bel air and had a lot of fun with it. But let's be realistic. Anybody who says they prefer four doors to two is a four door owner. Two door cars are infinitly better proportioned than four doors. It's just a fact (or maybe it's just my opinion). On the other hand, that's not to say that four doors are junk and unworthy of being built and driven.

There is a place in our world for four doors. They can be cool when done right. Yours is cool. You're enjoying it NOW. You probably wouldn't be driving now if you had the same amount of money in a two door project. Enjoy it, flip it for a profit and get a two door if you really want one! Otherwise, drive the fucking wheels off of it and be proud! YOU built it, take (gay) pride in it!

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Being a guy of the 60's who is in his 60's I prefer two doors but this day in age they have priced themselves out of a lot of guys budgets along with becoming about as rare as rocking horse poop.
    I had several friends who drove those 53/54 four doors back in the sixties simply because they could buy a lot more car for about half the money of a two door at the time and the hardtops have always been spendy in that model.

I'd just say to keep the mods simple such as the nose and deck and shaving a bit of trim on it. What you save in big mods can be spent on getting the chrome done later.

One thing about it though you can almost bet when you and a bunch of buds are at an event and it comes time to head out to dinner the 54 will be the choice for the whole bunch to cruise to dinner in.

17. poorboy

poorboy

not bad at all

18. nwaringa

nwaringa

As a long bed owner (The 4 door of the truck world) I congratulate you man. Just keep your hands off my ass.

19. Owned a few over the years. 4 days are just a great social car. Not that 2 doors don't have back seats as well, but there's just something about a 4 door that just makes you want to call up a few of your female companions and cruise the boulevard...or men in your case...not here to judge.

20. Thumper

Thumper

Looks like a winner to me ! Ya did good.

21. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

i actually laughed out loud at this one! haha well played sir.

22. Big Tony

Big Tony

I dig it... especially since my 54 moredoor is the same except for daytoner blue and white. I also have skirts, but only run them here and there not full time. Bottom line is drive it and have fun.

23. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that is a cool car, all it needs now is some flamers!;)

24. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

We have a few 4 doors in the club. One is a 53 Chevy. I say that's one cool ass car, man! Oh jeez...did I just say man and ass in the same sentence? Maybe they are gay. LOL

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I bought my 49 sedan because it was a 4 door. didn't want another 2 door. never felt the need to apologize to anyone because of it.

4 door haters are lost in the 70's.

26. 21tat

21tat

Nice ride. I agree with these guys. The more the merrier! Have fun with that.

27. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Dude, you think that is gay? Have you ever seen a flamed PT Cruiser?

28. InPrimer

InPrimer

Got a '52 Stude suicide 4 door IMO looks as good as a 2 dr, The 2 door thing was great way back when they were so plentiful, but now hey, a 4 door is way better than a no door.

29. MCM

MCM

Nice ride, never understood the 4 door hate myself...

30. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I'm a 2-door fan but I would roll that 4-door! Looks like a great start, and I dont like men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.