Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen! 1937 Ford Panel Truck- Phoenix, Arizona - UPDATE: RECOVERED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zellerware, Aug 10, 2010.

1. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

From our neighbor Brian Blake "On Saturday Night, or Early Sunday Morning, 8-7, 8-8, My Great Grandfathers 1937 Ford Panel truck was stolen out of our garage. Our house is roughly at 45th Ave and Estrella. This vehicle was very important to my family and I. It is been in my family since 1938, when My grandmothers father bought it. It was the only thing that my family had when they migrated to Arizona. My Grandmother and Grandfather have now deceased, and we used this Panel truck has the Hurst for her funeral. As you can see, it is Dark Green with big letters BLAKE MACHINE on the side. It has a dual Carburator manifold on it, which was an edmunds manifold, with dual Stromberg 2 barell carberators. My family and I are very distrot about the situation, and would really like to have this peice of family history back in our lives. We restored the Truck right before she passed about 5 years ago. It was her last wish to see her fathers Ford truck restored to like her dad had it in the 1930's. We are offering a $1,000 dollar reward to the RETURN of this vehicle. We are not interested in prosecution or arresting the thieves, just want the truck back. If you have ANY information what so ever, please email, or contact 602-692-2677 or 602-692-9337 Thank you ."

Attached Files:

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that sucks will keep an eye open

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

4. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Oh man that's just terrible and to compound the frustration it had to have been somebody who knew you and knew of the vehicle and where it was. I really hope you get it back and catch the scum that did this.

5. johnnyfrank54

johnnyfrank54
    from las vegas

i'll keep my eye out in vegas and spread the word

6. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

7. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

this is why i have four racist dogs who hate every race!
    a lock on my gate when i leave and nobody is aloud in my garage just to take a look
    an call the cops on the first tweaker or stranger that doesn't belong on my street
    block all garage doors with my work truck or a shit vehicle when i leave out of town.
    i live on a dead end street and i always get some fool who thinks this would make a great place to live and deal out of his house. when i see one to many cars going to there house at all hours of the night. a anonymous phone call goes to the local sheriffs office and boom there gone.

8. SportSedan

SportSedan

Where is this world going to ?, realy hope that panel will found!.

9. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

10. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Sorry to hear about it.

But it is HEARSE not HURST.

11. Skrayp

Skrayp

I hate thieves! Steal something from me or spit in my face and you will see the worst of me I always say. I hope you get it back!

12. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

It seems as though it would be difficult to sell something as unique as that without drawing the attention of someone in the hobby, but I guess not considering how many seem to be comming up missing just on the HAMB alone. I can appriciate the history. I have a 28 that belonged to my grandfather. I cant imagine it in someone elses hands. Sure hope you find it.

13. I'll keep my eyes & ears open around the L.A. area.
    Hope ya get'r back!

14. Keeping my eyes and ears wide open here in East Mesa/AJ. Good Luck catching the BASTARDS!!!

15. el shad

el shad

I'm between you and Mexico. Will keep an eye out.

16. Mike

Mike

I heard about this on Monday, I hate theiving bastards.

Eyes are peeled.

17. That one drives me nuts too.

This is a HEARSE:

[​IMG]

and this is a Hurst:

[​IMG]

:D

Knowing where this panel delivery was, I seriously doubt this was a casual theft. Someone knew exactly what it was and where it was.

18. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

19. big creep

big creep

fuck not again! guys please secure your important stuff!!! i know a lot of you feel secure where you live, but a fucken thief will strike when and where you least expect it!!!! i hope some one finds this one. there are too many that have not been found!

20. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

I live street in a small town sort of on main into town with no street lights So my car is exposed to on coming traffic when opened . The point I'm making is that I have automatic garage door opener like everyone else but I put an manual off /on switch don't rely on the remote to keep it closed. IT MAY OPEN ON ITS OWN. Remember there are people who drive around just to see what they can steal. Lets hope it didn't go over the border. I know there are lots of HAMBers that live in Arizona and border towns please help by keeping you eyes and ears open. It can't be replaced.

21. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

I will keep my eye out for it around the Colorado area!!

Hope you get it back!!

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

wtf.....again !
    the bible says , thy shall not kill....well !
    hope ya get it back soon .
    keepin the faith in kansas & eyes open.

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for ya!

24. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Btt for the man....I am look out in Florida.
    Not sure if you did but put out in Fordbarn.com
    I HATE THIEVES.

25. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

BTT
    Liars and thieves...only thing lower is a child molester...

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Yes

btt

27. I have a couple of friends in the Police force here in Phoenix and they stop by my office today and I show them the picture of the panel truck. They told me they had seen it in the past and they were shock when I told them it was stolen yesterday. They will be keeping their eyes open.

Frenchy

28. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Good luck getting it back, such history is hard to lose. I'll keep my eyes open here in central Cal.

29. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Gotta hate a piece of shit that would do that.

Oh and good luck I hope you get it back!!