Register now to get rid of these ads!

1927 roadster windshield pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyjack, May 17, 2010.

?
  1. bottom half and cut off posts

52 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. 4 inch chopped Speedway frame and posts

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Speedway Duvall type brass V

15 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I 'm running a lower half stock windshield leaned back. I also plan on sitting as low as comfortably possible in the car.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. You used the word rubbish. Awesome. You must be from the UK. Also awesome. Just my opinion, but as a whole you guys have great taste.
    Judging by the rest of the build, I'm sure you'll pick what's right aesthetically for the car.

3. TomWar

TomWar

Heres mine

Attached Files:

4. I really like that one too.

5. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I'll add this...IMO the size of the T cowl (width) limits the sex appeal and elegance of a Duvall or Hallock. I think the width of the A and later bodies make them the "perfect" candidates. I've seen Duvalls/Hallocks executed nicely on a T but they were saved before my computer took its big crash.:(

Just me, but I think the T needs the beefyness of the stock stanchions to accentuate the width. If you go with a Duvall/Hallock, I would suggest to keep the size of the center piece as "muted" as possible.

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I thought this one was very well done,
    modified stock stanchions and more..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

See, Paul knows whats up!:cool:

8. RichG

RichG

Sorry to go off topic, but that track-t is gorgeous!

9. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cpeteb%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:.5in .25in .5in .75in; mso-header-margin:.2in; mso-footer-margin:.3in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for all the pictures guys its really helped me visualize what was needed
    Here is my decision I am going to run a chopped down original (well the frame I made last night) the reason being cost and looks.
    I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to be above the windshield to get the cool look so I am leaving the windshield off altogether for now, if I have to wear goggles anyway I might as well concentrate on all the things to get it going so I can attend a couple of important events this summer.

The main focus right now is getting the tub ready for paint and now I don't have to fill the cowl door!

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

I agree...always been a sucker for the cut down stock '26-27 windshield myself :D

I think that is obvious...

Attached Files:

11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

WOW you even have a hood with a cut down shield there is hope for my little T in the wet North West

12. rodncustom

rodncustom

Paul

Who's car is that? I've seen it in several postings and pictures but never seen it in person.

Mark

13. MrModelT

MrModelT

Your T has quite a bit of hope, nice work!

My post were already cut down approx. 12 to 14 inches when I got the body. I was originally looking for another set until I mocked it up....looked way to "mean" and had a great profile! My hood is actually a '28-29 Model A piece which contours to the '26-7 cowl and radiator almost perfectly and was the correct length to accommodate for the wheel base stretch and body relocation farther back on the frame.

I also drive it in the rain.....can be a bit wet, but it could be worse! :D

14. torchmen49

torchmen49

Last I check'd Speedway doesn't list a Duvall for the "T".

15. saucerhead

saucerhead

I used bottom posts chopped and bottom w/s frame chopped on my avatar. The center of the glass is 6 1/4 inch tall. You can get a better look in the April issue of Street Rodder.

16. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

How would YOU know that? Oh, sorry....

17. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'd go with option A.

18. Flathead Fever

Flathead Fever
    from CA

(See Photos) Stock windshield is too high and no windshield is to low. Maybe you could take an average between the two of them? Seriously, 40s era Track T's look best with no windshields. Buy some WWII goggles, they will always be the right height.
    Jerry

Attached Files:

19. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

So I made the frame from old T top windshield parts and got re-popped stanchions from speedway and chopped them down.
    Steering is just a mock up right now I have a nice wheel in the post from Limeworks

[​IMG]

20. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

To hell with the rain! I have a stock 1915 touring car I drive it all over Seattle. If it rains I put the top up with the windshield down and get wet. A quick wipe down when I get home and it's all good...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

With bomber seats and just the lower glass the air went over my head easily. 5' 8". With the new seats 4" rise the wind is a PITA. I THINK a comprimise solution would be adding 2" to the lower glass and frame and giving a slight slant back to the stantion posts . Leave the top pins on the stantions when you rework them, I think it is a nice effect. That setup would be a little different but really a subtle change. If I could I would Photoshop this poicture to see what it would look like. Car is really looking good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  22. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

MrModelT Your Car is Just straight Badass!!

23. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thank you kindly! The link to my build thread is under my signature if you want more....don't want to "high jack" Bloodyjack's thread.

24. torchmen49

torchmen49

I hear voices......:rolleyes:

25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Those photos are awesome. What’s their story? I’ve never seen a stock-ish T with ‘35 wires. It looks way better than I envisioned.

For my part, I like the chopped stock windshield, but I vastly prefer it when the top of the frame is left intact rather than letting the glass hang bare.

It seems I rarely see chopped stockers raked back. Is there insufficient room to do so?

-Dave

26. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I believe (I did not build this car) that my 27 has modified aftermarket stanchions that were bolted on, then molded and painted. The little tabs at the top hold the 'top/tonneau' on when it's parked outside.

dj

Attached Files:

27. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

28. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

Now I like this! Nice cross between V and stock. Nice windshield

29. Kume

Kume

Bugsy did a nice job of his screen recently - think I might go down this route.

Attached Files: