Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2009 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Thanks for a GREAT time!

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

And somehow, you still find the energy to share the story at a stupid hour. I'll confess that I have been staying up just in case you did.

Thanks Ryan, and the HAMB media corp for letting me live vicariously through your eyes!

4. Greezy

Greezy

Ryan I already commented on another thread about this, but you and the crew did an outstanding job. The Friday night tech at the host hotel was a great idea. The calls by class to the line moved things along quite well, I think. Thanks again, to everyone for making this the go to event.

5. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Thanks for a great weekend. Brought my dad, and he said "Man, that was great.... that's how we used to race before the manufacturers took over in the 60s and I lost interest."

We left the car at home and just came to watch. Saw almost every pass and had a blast. Thanks again for all that goes into it, and dad's ready for next year.

6. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Wow, sounds like it was the woodstock of drag racin.

7. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

amazing stuff there.

8. I'm the same way about being in a crowd and holy cow that was a big bunch of people having a heck of a time. People were commenting all day about what a great thing the drags are. Well done, I commend you and everyone that chipped in.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

I heard someone sat in the Gizzle Hopper and fired it up !!!!!!!!!!!! needs pics or even better film footage

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I kick myself for missing this. All the posts about it are driving me crazy. The new job had me out in CA, but next year I'm headed out there no matter what. Good job to the folks that made this happen.

11. 48chevy

48chevy
    from TEXAS

Ryan,

I just wanted to thank you for going out of you way to help my guys at the gate and the tent. I about fell out of my chair when I figured out who you were. I'm sorry for getting so fired up. You guys did an amazing job and I'll never miss this event again.

12. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I wait all year for this event and am never disappointed. Thanks for a great weekend. Gary

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys are all way too good to us. I mean that.

You always hear promoters talk about the perfect event and all that... I'm a shitty promoter. We tried hard and learned a lot this year.

I truly and honestly believe that the fellas that raced their cars, raised hell, and gave us all a show to watch saved the Drags this year.

14. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

So much fun! Once again I didn't get a shirt because they were out. Shame on you! haha Seriously though, Holiday Inn was so awesome! I hope they can keep that up next year and the years to follow!

I say good call on only letting pre registered cars in next year. Will there be an acceptance process or will any teal, pink, and white henry j with weld wheels be able to get in?

If all goes according to plan (does it ever?) we will have a 56 buick and a 67 BSA there next year.

Great job Ryan. I said it before and ill say it again. If you need any help just let me know. If you need volunteers to work half hour shifts at the gate or something id be totally up for it and could prolly round up a few others.

Oh and I THINK i got some pretty cool video too. Well see if i can get it on my computer this week.

Thanks again!

15. can appreciate the heartache and panic, but credit where credit's due, you and your loyal supporters pull it off again, the event's 'growth' should be sufficient example to what's been achieved....sure, maybe not as you wanted (hard to ever achieve 'bar' if that's your goal), but from this side of the pond it looks and sounds like everyone was having fun.
    Whilst I appreciate there will be a few who will whine(can't please everyone), you've achieved another great event that many adore, you've learn't where you can improve it for next time, and seen where the previous changes have improved......hold your head high, hug those girls, and cheers to all the helpers who make the event what it has become, certainly nothing else like it I'm sure.

Cheers,

Drewfus

16. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Sounds great.... wish I was there. Maybe one of these days.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Times 2X

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Glad I'm up in the middle of the night to read this. Just reaffirms that I MUST attend.

Love the pictures. Now someone get that bald SOB from Pinks! out there to see what it's REALLY all about.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  19. little d

little d
    from sedalia mo

RYAN,

i don't post much on here, mostly over on the Jockey, so ya, I'm a fng. i just wanted to jump on here and thank you, and everyone that was involved with the H.A.M.B. drags.

the last few months have went to hell for us (my wife and i), to the point that we were at each others throats. Thursday nite, after i got off of work, i told her that we were going to the drags sat. after "descussing"(pun intended) it, at length, i told her we are going and thats that, set the clock for 6:00 am. sat morning we get up, and s.s.s., and off we go. i wont bore ya with details, but suffice it to say by noon we were holding hands like we were high school kids again.
    we saw REAL hot rods, and met some of the nicest ppl i have ever had the honor of meeting. and the racing!!!!!!! run whatcha brung, and hope you brought enough!!!!!!!! that sir, is the real deal.

again, THANK YOU.

p.s. to the guys with the blue 55 Chevy that gave me the jump start, thanks guys, hope ya made it home ok, little d.

20. renrob5000

renrob5000

"that guy @ the gates" was Mike Ward. He's not a Hamber...just a hell of a good guy.

21. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

I dont care who, but somebody give this guy a high five, then follow up with a real schnazzy low five with this guy. In my world, we call this MANFACE. You SIR, have just made my week.

Attached Files:

22. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

You did good, Ryan. We had a blast! It was an insane event. We'll be back for more hot rod lunacy next year!

23. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

It was a great time,glad to have met ya Ryan!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  24. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Sounds like a great time had by all.........sure does sound like allot of work to put on !....I was walking thru Disney down in Florida this Saturday...thinking I could have been Drag Racing with everyone.....I still had fun, just a different kind of fun...Littleman

25. 193257

Ryan

I got to admit this was my first time and man what have I been missin!!!! Excllent Job. I'll be there next year for sure.

26. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I had a great time......I wasnt sure about going untill the last minute....One of the best events ever...excellent weather...60 degree friday morning was so refreshing....talked with lots of old friends....Thanks Ryan

27. mow too much

mow too much

Need to join in with the rest in saying GREAT job Ryan.

28. Well it was hot and long. I had a pretty damned good time.
    Ryan you done good buddy, as if I expected anything less.
    Thanks
    Benno

BTW if nothing else had happened all day seeing the 'Fly off the ground and making full passes that was it for the skinny kid.

29. You're the man Ryan, don't sell yourself short. I know you don't want to believe that but creating the HAMB as a rally point for a bunch of like minded moterheads started all this. With a foundation like that, little things like the drags are sure to sort themselves out. Good friends, hot cars, and a place to run 'em. It was unreal! Thanks again!

Now just 363 days to sort the digger out!

30. RAY With

RAY With

All of the pictures and kudo's says it all-100% success +