Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Perfect Storm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Thank you, Ryan! I know it's the Kontinental's Show, but I doubt Steve would mind at all if you got some credit for making it what it is, Getting the word ouot like none other!

And thanks to all you guys for endulging my little girl. She is stoked at having everyone sign that poster. I'm having checks printed, myself... :)

3. It was only my 2nd LSRU, and it was great. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to leave back for Dallas before Saturday evening so I missed the ASS party. I vow that I will NOT miss the nightlife again down their. Thanks to all who put on the LSRU, it is the best damn show anywhere, PERIOD! I forgot to check my watch and missed the HAMB meet and greet, but was able to meet a few HAMBers, and wasn't dissapointed.

4. some day i will make it down there for this show ..sounds like everyone had a blast despite the weather

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Yes, it was a blast, the whole weekend, friday at the show seemed nice and simple , just cars and people . Saturday the sun came out and it was a big time car show. I told you I was going to buy parts at the swap meet and not a load of shirts, but I ended up getting a new hamb shirt anyway, the new designs are great. I got to work today and thought finally I can sit down and relax hahaha

6. geemann51

geemann51

The best of both worlds; a small intimate show on Friday and acres and acres of cars on Saturday. My feet hurt.... Thanks to all involved.

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Going to the roundup is near the top of my to do list, gotta get the truck done first though.

8. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Hot rods, Customs, Swap Meet, Music and a guy smoking pork and brisket under one roof it basically covered all the senses.. All I can say it is one great show and put together buy a cool group of guys! I had a blast and I will be back!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  9. A foreign object made it's way into my radiator 2 weeks ago, and my roundup dreams were dashed. The cash spent to fix the car was my roundup travel fund, plus the new radiator has still not arrived. Seeing the event coverage on the HAMB is the next best thing to being there.

Ryan- Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that a simple message board would grow to have this much influence?

10. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Squeak is one of my favorite people and THANK YOU Ryan for all you do. You're spot on about the whole deal.

11. Damn, one of these days...I gotta make it there....When I heard about the forcast, I knew that you all would still have a great time...too many great people together not to.......

12. titus

titus

Sounded like a good time.

I got to see Squeaks 40 coupe a week before the show, we actually helped him put the hood on the it, we stopped by his shop when we were on our Cali trip, it was a fun stop on the trip.

JEFF

13. Sounds like a ball Ryan. I sure wanna get down next year. Glad it all gelled for you guys. Get yer truck done Jim so we can have a bigger Minnesota contingency deep in the heart of Texas.

14. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Glad everthing worked out well...looked like a hell of a good time!

15. Great time. Arrived just in time on Friday to hear Jimmy V announced to the stage. Texted my wife that we arrived safe and sound and that he was playing. She responded back something about me being a booger or something. LOL. Long rainy drive down, but I got to find where my leaks are and pre-soak my shoes before making the show. Already looking forward to next year.

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

We had a blast... I'm exhausted, but it was worth it... again.

17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Wow, I cant believe I missed it. It was gonna be our big trip for the summer but life happened and we couldnt get our car(s) on the road.

While you folks were there having a great time me and 53dodgekustom were thinking about you and drinking some lonestars here in illinois. We saw Wayne The Train Hancock last night while enjoying some whiskey drinks so that helped ease the pain of not being in austin too.

Ironically I just got a Jimmy Vaughan cd this morning and was listening to it while i was reading this post.

Damn, next year im there no matter what

18. I gotta make it out there for the show... seeing JV on stage must've been a goose bump moment fer sure.

19. greasemunkey

greasemunkey
    from katy, TX

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I gotta tell ya; If I woke up in Houston or Dallas on Friday, I wouldn't have made the trip. But since I'm in Central Austin, I cruised out there with the Yay-Hoos very gingerly on my slicks. And man am I glad I was there.

I think it was just about a perfect weekend. The best of all worlds. Small show on Friday. Huge show on Saturday. Huge party at Ass on Saturday night. Small party on Sunday afternoon at Flyrite. Hanging out on Congress in between. And dang, I just remembered Reggie's BBQ on Thursday! After so much fun, Thursday seems like so long ago!

21. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Sounds perfect! Damn! I gotta get out there for next year.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And it just occurred to me that I forgot to thank two groups:

1. The Yay-Hoos of putting on the mini-bikes. I can't stand those little things and even I had a blast watching you guys. GREAT job. Really helped put some wind in the sails on Friday.

2. Flyrite. For the first time ever I missed the open house cuz I had to work. So sorry fellas...

23. aldixie

aldixie

This was my first time at the LSR. I was without my car but still had a great time. Even my wife who isn't a car nut like me loved South Congress during the evening. So much so that we have provisionally booked our hotel for next year. This was the BEST show that I have ever been to.

24. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

We got to the grounds after the "Garage Swim" and were delighted to be waved right on into the big ol' barn - it was a most welcome safe haven. Then we had to change the starter on my brothers A/Caddie - IN the nice dry barn. Then, JV started playing and I couldn't believe he was performing for us! The whole thing just started feeling really old school, funky assed, hot rods in a barn, car show cool. Wash up and a quick beer and all was right in the world.

My sister's Blonde Aces vintage clothing booth was in the nice dry and warm front hall and the place was packed with the ladies shopping hard. The other vendors were swamped too.

But I was worried for the Kont's and the charities, but by Saturday noon you could see the place was gonna be a record event - and it was.

Even in the worst conditions, the Round Up is still the very BEST show in America for my money.

25. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

This was my first RoundUp and we drove in the rain all day Friday... didn't keep us from having a good time though... Super job to the guys that put this thing on... looking forward to next year....

26. rixrex

rixrex

Many thanks to all you folks that make this the greatest little three day party in the country...

27. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

The family and I had a BLAST!
    This was our first time to the Round Up being new Texans:D
    Wife and I went on Friday w/o the kiddos and I gotta tell ya there was something special about that. I was disappointed in the morning knowing the weather that was upon us (and bummed I couldn't ride the Trump) but when we got to the show all those feelings went away. Rain pouring down, bitchen hot rods/customs, people smiling and laughing.....just having a great time!
    Thanks to everyone who put on the show!
    Ryan-It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Thanks again for bringing us gearheads together. The H.A.M.B. is truly a great place.
    It's GREAT being a Texan!

28. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

next year,next year,next year

29. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am really glad I got to make it this year. The show in the rain was just as good as in the sun. It is all about the people in my opinion. The ASS party was a swell time as well, thanks guys for letting me sneak my truck in there! I got to meet Cole Foster too which was one of my highlights of the weekend. Bass's new T-shirts are the coolest ever. buy one.

When I got home I found that there were only 7 pictures on my camera. They pretty much tell the whole story of the weekend. I also want to nominate VAPHEAD for father of the year. ha ha ha

Attached Files:

30. Kettleman

Kettleman

I finally got to hit all the events this year from Mercury Charlie's and ASS on Wed, to Reggie and Thirsty Thursday. the show and South Congress, ASs again and Flyrite. Man no wonder I'm tired. Thanks to all who help put things together. I also got to meet a bunch of great people and see some great cars.

Things turned out great!