Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Corvette: Bad Blood, drag car from the 60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Krash Vegas, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

My dad picked this up in Northern California back in late 2006 and he worked on it off an on and collected most of the missing parts. It has now landed in MY garage and I was wondering if anyone knows any history on this old Vette, or if any of you guys can point me in the right direction I would appriciate it. It supposedly ran in and around the Bakersfield CA area in the late 60's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I wish something like this would land in my garage!!!

3. WOW! That vette is killer! That thing looks fantastic with the big rubber on the back. Wish I could help with some history but i'm still droolin'.

4. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

All I can tell you about it is that it is super bad ass!.

5. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

evans electric is still in bakersfield, my parents know that much but they dont remember the car, my mom may but is not sure..

my dad just told me that evans electric rebuilt a alternator for him a couple times, might be worth your time to dial 411 and and see if they can get you anything on it. he says he used to run stock cars.ill talk to my uncle. who is still in bakersfield who used to run a 58 vette drag car and see if he remembers it.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Some people have all the luck. Back around '76, a friend of my roomate wanted to sell me his '56 Vette with a bbc and 4 speed for $1800. A the time, I was broke and said no. I was a dummy..........:(

7. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

same thing here too. Right around 1976 I had a good friend that had a 62 Vette and was selling it for 3000. Running driving car, straight axle, 4 speed, low geared and need a little work.Spoke for it and said I want it but the scumbag sold it anyway

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Most of us had to pass up a killer car that we would love to have now because of not having the funds.

9. Anderson

Anderson

Very cool piece of history Jerry. It needs to see the track again.

10. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I'm sure a Corvette purist would be drooling to get the body of that car...what a cool piece of history. Looking forward to the responses...hopefully the power of the HAMB will shed some light on this one in no time.

11. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

I have a 454 and a 4 speed for it as well as another set of complete doors with all the window frame parts and the internal door latches. Lots of extra body parts, gas tank, and a few other hard to find things.
    I'm pretty sure Dad called Evans Electric in Bakersfeild and no one there remembered sponsoring a car in the 60's or early 70's.

12. I do remember the car but will have to do some homework to stimulate my memory more. I will ask around here more as I know a guy who raced a 57 vette here at the same time. I am connected mostly with ford guys however so it will take me a bit of time. Useless

13. guiseart

guiseart

that's frickin'yummy.

14. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

im sure the vette purist would love to see that car at one of their events.bad ass car

15. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Wish I could help from the east coast !
    But have fun anyway
    good luck to ya............

16. PLEASE make sure that it NEVER gets restored back to stock!!!

17. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

My '57 was done similar. With the 427BB I had to ditch the heater/fan assembly on right side of firewall. I ran in it the midwest until about 1971.
    Mounted high front to get more weight distributed to the rear..cause getting power down was an issue.
    Sure wish I had that car.

18. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Nope! Nothing I own goes back stock.
    I wanna find a good set of slots for the back and go with some of the wide white wall cheater slicks from Firestone. I also wanna find a good removable hard top for it.
    This vintage vette stuff is HIGH$$$$$!!!

19. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Thats awesome...One of my Dads buddy took me for a spin in one that was similar back when i was young...It hooked me on those year Corvettes....Killer ride!!

20. the cheapest hardtop i've seen lately went for $1700. they go way up from there. i've got a bunch of spare parts for 56-7 vettes. let me know what you need, i might have it.

21. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

That thing fucking roowls.

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You'd have to want a stock/restored one REALLY bad to tackle that one. To say it would cost a forune would be an understatement. It should remain just as it is, a drag/high performance street/strip car. With almost any BBC or radical small block that would make a killer 1/4 miler. Be sure to keep us informed as you get it running.

Frank

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Evan's Electric of Fresno is the sponser on the fender.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

26. Jerry,

Watch for a non-GM hardtop. There used to be several companies that made hardtops for the early Vettes. They all looked quite different than the stock hardtops, but some of them were not bad. They are not very expensive now because no restorer would want want on a restored car.
    You are correct about early Vette stuff being expensive, but you have all the Vette stuff you need right there. Everything else can be pure hot rod.

27. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

DUDE! Where did you get the pictures of MY car?
    Do you know anything else about it????

28. titus

titus

you should get some hurst pie crist slicks, the side walls look much better.

bad ass car

JEFF

29. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

That thing is bad,just get it running ,leave everything else alone!

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Chase down the history and get it back to it's former glory.... and be quick about it, we're waiting...:D:D:D