Register now to get rid of these ads!

354 HEMI Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, May 14, 2008.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I heard that Cunningham originally started with a Cadillac three speed. Go figure. Then I did see something about five speeds but I thought that they were talking about the european competition. And as far as those Zenith down draft carbs go.....well that's a whole other bag of shit we can unleash but something tells me a whole bunch of money is involved.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wouldn't it be that cat's meow to pick up a Cunningham log intake?

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Sorry J.J...I kinda got off topic there...(sigh)

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YES! 51-53 were all low-deck blocks. As far as I know only the 392 was a high-deck block. 392's were were 57 and 58. Not sure if they trickled into 56 or showed up for any reason in 56, but for sure 57 and 58.

And one more thing... DAMMIT JEFF! Stop posting pictures of rad Hemi intakes!! You're killing me man!!! :D:eek:

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I really thing Matt at lakeheaders.com could accomadate something for you.....I could see a nice 4 pot dual log set up....mmmmm yummy...

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only thing to think about with a 4x2 is you probably are going to have to run all for full time and not progressively linked to get good flow characteristics. Just something to think about. They look RAD though!!!!!

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ha ha ha

Aw shit dude.... just blow your future childrens 401 k and cast your own intake...

I can see a nice script emblazed on the log....Jeffrey James Speed Parts.....

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

you are soo right Scooter.....

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I second that! Matt's a great guy! I spoke with him on several occasions regarding his U-fab style intakes and he was super easy to deal with.

Also... he's the one who reminded me of the 4-pot situation and not running progressive. :D

11. 73RR

73RR

It can be and has been done. As long as there is enough demand to purchase the first 100 or so pieces and enough cash up front to get the ball rolling, there are many small foundaries that might like to have some additional business of this type. Machine shops to finish the work are on every street corner. So who is game ?? Sorry, I hear my retirement calling...I'll help but my cash is in my new shop.

12. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Here a Chrysler Log intake..My understand if it's log it will fit all three engines..
    I had Matt build this one for me so I could build linkage..I still have it..
    Duane..

Attached Files:

13. dv8

dv8

I've seen 6x2 log intakes plummed for extended bell hemi's. I've seen a couple of 2x4 extended bell Edmunds intakes. I've owned a couple of 2x2 Edmunds intakes for them. Here is the one on my '51 hemi...Kind of a bad shot though....

[​IMG]

14. George

George

15. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Most early 331 have the thermostat:) housing built in off of the intake manifold... Industrial and marines may be different... You could rock this intake and then run 1955 heads (front water crossover), and fab up some tubes that go to a thermostat housing....

16. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

Just bought a nice Edmunds 2x2 with carbs off Evil-bay a few months ago. Not cheap!!!!!!!!! But, it has the thermostat for use on my 53/54 331.

17. Here is my 354 w 3/97s. I didn't build it. It does make some power. Maybe I should check the alignment of the ports.

Bill

Attached Files:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Correction. "Sugar City Speed" Has a better ring. But yeah, the guy at lakeheaders.com seems like a good solution. That's is if someone does not outbid me on the 3 pot:(. Damn I really wish I jumped on that Edmunds intake even though these log setups are growing on me.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's what I'm talking about. Nice setup!

20. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Here is a 50's Kurtis. Don't if it ran Indy or not. No carbs here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

22. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I think 3x2 on a 354 or 392 is not enough fuel..450CFMs?????? A 4x2 intake makes a big difference, 650CFMs..
    Here is a picture of progressive linkage on a 4x2 for a 392 on a Horne intake. I tried to explain it won't run right..Engine was starving for fuel..I made them all work and he was happy..
    The other intake, log was tacked by Matt and I finished it up.
    Duane..

Attached Files:

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Do you think that if or someone else fabbed up a log style intake I would be ahead as far as dollars and efficiency? I mean, this Intake that I am looking at is probably going to hit $1000 no problem.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That is the kind of engine bay that gives me chills. What is that, a Hilbourne setup? Very cool car and the engine barely squeezes in there. And more pics perhaps of the hood sides?

25. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Good GAWD!!! I hope I have enough jack someday to drop a grand on an intake manifold. C'monnnn LOTTO!!!

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ha!!! I guess that is what's expected when playing with a Hemi. I just looked at a Weiend 4 pot that just list on ebay for $1800. So with six days left in the auction imagine where that's going to be in a few days. There are a couple on ebay right now all over $1200. I am by no means made of money but I expected around $1500 to go to the intake when saving for the build. If there is a way around it I am going to take it. I lost a Offy 2 x 4 last week for $190. I would have used that but I missed out. It's either dumb luck or pay up. I hope I am not the latter of the two.

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This traditional thing can get expensive sometimes.