Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just Purchased a ONE OWNER From a 73 Year Old Widow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, Aug 6, 2012.

1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok it's not a 32 Ford out of a barn but I thought I would share my probably once in my lifetime buy from a 73 Year Old widow - One Owner 48 year Old Car that has been sitting in her garage for many- many years.

A 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 Fastback with a 390 FE Z Code 300 HP / Auto with less than 72,000 original miles.

Original title, original dealership sales sheet, bill or sale, the bank loan paper and the little payment book she made payments on.

It hasn't run or moved in the last maybe 5 -10 years she guessed, so I did take a chance that the car actually ran. The last time she thought she remembered was when her son in law started it just to see if it would start after sitting so long before that and was years ago.
    The car is virgin with normal replaced items of two front headlights ( the other two still have the Ford Script), Belts, hoses, batteries, tires, a brake line and looks like the exhaust has been replaced once. A add on winshield washer motor at the dealership vs the normal vacuum bag . Basically Normal things the dealership or service station said for her to have replaced.

I got it home, check all the fluids etc and oil looked good but I put in a small can of MM Oil in to help lube stuff, took off the coil wire, put in a borrowed battery from my other old car and turned it over a few times to get some oil moving.
    Pulled the tank drain plug and nothing came out so I put a gallon of gas in and a splash in the carb and........turned the key over and pumped her a few times but not quite enough gas I'm thinking, so repeated with little more gas down the carb - turned the key and VROOOM she fired up.....
    Of Course after sitting all these years the lifters were clicking a little for a while.

I backed it out of my garage and just let it run for a while. Of course a few puffs of smoke for about a minute but slowly cleared up. This thing just needs to have the cob webs blown out of it. The Generator light flickers on and off so I'll look at that closer - but after sitting that long to be expected.

The floors are really solid. The rear quarters have the lower normal crusties along with right behind the rear front fenders but all replacements are available and I do plan to get those replaced and spray her that cool looking gloss Raven black again. I always dug a black fastback with a red interior.

This thing has a 1/2" of dust on it. I can believe it really has been sitting for maybe / probably 5 -10 years with the layer of dust and prior to that with less that 72,000 miles wasn't driven a lot. ( 1,500 miles per year !) She worked as a book keeper ( pre -computer days) at a bank which was only a couple miles from her house.

Enjoy the pictures....... especially the drivers view out the front window . Like I said - Dust !

This was a really cool find and not many one owners left.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

More pics - enjoy fella's

Attached Files:

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I mean this in the nicest possible way:
    You suck!

(excuse me while I try to get the leash back on my green monster)

-Brad

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Drivers view of 5-10 years of dust !

Attached Files:

5. F&J

F&J

It will be interesting if the smoke does clear up. Those cars, with the older oils, and short trips, had more cyl wear.

Patch, and polish the rest, and call it done :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  6. 32+32 is 64....right??...LOL ...nice find!

7. PCD2GTHR

PCD2GTHR

Awesome find! I love those cars. Definitely on my "To Own" list.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Awesome score!

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Your very lucky... Looks real solid! Congrats!

10. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn, that's a great find. I absolutely love those '60's Galaxies. Black with red interior and a white headliner.... It just doesn't get much better than that. Add to that some black wheels, dog dishes, and the perfect stance. Killer.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I like it!

good job, Bob

let me know if you decide to sell it

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Those cars are rad... You should totally build a streetable vintage NASCAR thing...

13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Winner, Winner, Winner!

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Love them '64's. My only other favorite is '62. They look great with Cragars and blackwall tires.

15. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

16. Wider steel wheels and Police Dog dish hubcaps are all you're going to need to dress that one up!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  17. demonsix

demonsix

Keep these posts coming, its great to see all the American metal coming out of the wood work on a daily basis.

18. von zipper

von zipper

<-----As you can see,,,,,,,,I LIKE IT!!!! Washer motor on firewall?? connected to bag? = option! Nice find!!

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I don't know you and already don't like you

20. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Very nice. I'd love to have it. Had a Vintage Burgandy 427 car yrs ago.

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

I love the '64 HT.

And in black too...

Doesnt get much better than that.

22. snelson57

snelson57

Wow wow wow...what are the chances of an OG little old lady car not being a 4 door. Great find.

23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

With my twisted mind I would have had the tow truck driver pose it in front of a local scrapyard and then posted pictures and let the howling begin;)
    Congrats on picking a sweet ride.Clean it up and take the seller out for one last ride.
    In my experience they really appreciate that.

24. racer756

racer756

Score!! My Gramps Had one back in the day.

25. Rodders

Rodders

very lucky and very nice 64

26. I'm with Ryan on this one, that would be cool as hell! Nice find.

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow, what a jewel!

28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Big FoRds with round tail lights=cool :D

29. You are one lucky son of a bitch:eek: