Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Coolvairs Lets See Them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dons t, Jun 19, 2007.

1. SloNLo

SloNLo
    from NZ

you can see her other foot -just-
    i though she had one leg over the guard for a start

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

By the way the other leg is behind the front of the suicide door. Is this the same one as the pimp mobile shown earlier or just another pimp mobile? Looks like a big waste of sombody elses money to me.

3. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks for the link on the parts deal guys. Lippy:D

5. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

One from charlotte 2006

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

What do you say to a girl with no arms or legs? "Nice Tits!"​
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. She is astraddle the suicide door. When is a door not a door?

8. crazyjohnny

crazyjohnny

For anyone that finds or know of any '60-'64's Corvairs lying around in central Alabama that I can have, email me. I have a rusty and ragged out '64 that nobody wanted that I dragged home. Have had several Corvairs over the years, first car was a turbo convt in '68 and keep going back to them. For those who ragged the Vair in posts, it is different from anything done-learn about it and understand it-you will love it after you become aware of what it is and what you can do with it. I plan to do some old-school type mods to it and need parts for my '64. Thanks for looking! Be cool and do your thing with your car and don't cut anyone's wheels!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  9. epinut

epinut

No one posted this one yet?

Attached Files:

10. whamoman

whamoman
    from USA

California Corvairs. They have a website, they're in Corona, California. Jeff Williams, a great guy, he's helping with the 'Cushenbery Project.

11. skratch

skratch

i don't know WHAT THE FUCK is going on at this house ?
    BUT , i like it ...!!!

12. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

13. I remember seeing that thing on ebay and I wanted it SO BAD. It's an OG survivor if I remember right.

14. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Had a Kellison Volks t with a tube frame, Renault front end, HallCraft wires and a Bill Thomas Corvair. It was a street legal wheel stander! Bill did quite a few Corvairs for the sports car and slalom crowd. Some of his old catalogs have a photo of my car on a page devoted to Corvair goodies.

15. May Pop

May Pop

I once street race against a corvair in my v8 vega. We only went a little ways and stayed even. He was quite suprised as was I. His was also a v8. He had the hottest chick with him. I fell in love instantly. Never saw the car or her again.

16. When it's ajar, of course.:D

In other posts here there's plenty of pics of Dodge A108s and Econoline pickups, but nobody's put up any Corvair Rampside pics here yet. But I'm guessing there will be before this forum goes cold.

Was sitting near the window at the Munchie Emporium a few weeks ago when a later model Corvair coupe drove by. These cars never look more than about 10 years old to my eyes. It's a pity that more new cars don't have this much character in their design.

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

Some Road Racers...

Attached Files:

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Heres a few pics from about 5 months ago of how an old hippie (me) pulls the engine out of a '65 vair before it goes to the paint shop. Got all the mechanicals worked out and striped the whole car down to bare bones. Painter called yesterday and its going in the paint booth soon. Cant wait to get it back and start putting it back together.
    Plans are to build a high winding 301 to put back in it to replace the tired 283 I used to work the bugs out. Ideal is to keep it period correct and use nothing newer then '65 which means the 14" ralleys will have to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

Here's some for the Drag Fans from years gone bye.

Attached Files:

20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Funny, I was at a garage sale yesterday and I ended up leaving with a pretty decent 1961 Corvair convertible with a four speed on the floor and factory air conditioning and some pretty cool sears mag wheels on it. I bought it for $400. When I went back to pick it up today, he told me that he had a brand new top that he'd never installed and then proceeded to load it up at no extra cost. NICE.

So tonight I'm looking for Corvair threads to get some inspiration and find this one. The old corvair gasser with the 426 Hemi in the pictures before was actually mine. I bought it and then sold it and completely forgot that I ever owned it. Kind of amusing. I'm actually really digging this little car. It's neat looking and should be fun and economical to drive and own. Sure couldn't beat the price. I'll post some pictures in a few days when I get her cleaned up a bit.

21. onedge

onedge

love the vans. dad used to take his and do power donuts in the newspaper parking lot.

22. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I'm surprised no one said anything about the Rampsides. They would make cool shop trucks. Here is one that I have in the classifieds now...

[​IMG]

23. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

24. Blowin Smoke

Blowin Smoke

Corvairs weren't offered with air conditioning until late in 61. Not many were ordered. On top of that, to have air in a convertible is very rare. However Chevy did not make a convertible Corvair until mid-62. Better check the vin tag in the door jam closely. The first number is the year (2=62) followed by the body style (967 is a vert). It probably reads 20967, or 30967. It for some reason is was actually a 64, the number would be 40967 for a Monza vert or 40667 for a Spyder vert, as this was the first year that the 3 year old turbo option was a separate, distinct model.

Eagerly awaiting your pics. If you can, I'd love to see the body tag. It's in the engine compartment, left rear. There is no VIN info on that tag so it's safe to post.

Anyway, NICE SCORE! That convertible top is worth what you paid for the car.

25. Just Jones

Just Jones

Here are a couple. We have a '63 Spyder that we plan to roadrace - we live about ten miles away from Willow Springs.

Attached Files:

26. racer756

racer756

Great thread.

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm working on a '63 Monza. I blew the '66 110hp that was in it... well years of neglect and ignorance by the PO killed it. I just drove it. Once. sigh. I'm in the middle of swapping in a pretty fresh '65 110. Then I'm going to drive it and fix as I go. I already have the paint planned out.

28. trad27

trad27

A Corvair is a car? I thought it was a brand of steering box:D

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mine next to my wife's Morris
    [​IMG]

knucklenutz likes this.
  30. Bigcheese327