Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Jalopy Journal Presents...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those are two not to miss form what I hear. I was hoping that the Cinematic would have been put in there as a surprise but I understand the choice to focus on two that don't give you pure hell to put together.

Mapquest is saying that a drive to Joplin from Charlotte is about 15.5 hours which puts it outside of the range I am going to be able to travel. I have set my sights on Lonestar so that will be the trip I can take off work to attend this summer. But as usual I will look forward to the electric atmosphere that this place gets just before the HAMB drags.

3. Gonna try to make the Drags this year...

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I was hoping for Cinematic as well but understand the two chosen. Perhaps we could have some of the Ohio folks continue the Cinematic tradition?

5. awwwww......yer messin' up dude ;)

Nothing quite like the HAMB drags. :cool:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Made my reservations already at the Holiday Inn for the HAMB Drags. It's certainly a not to be missed event and my all time favorite each year.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Denise, you saying that this is your all time favorite each year really say something. You hit every major event so saying that this one sticks out as the top really is good publicity.

I will check out flights to see if just flying in for the weekend is a possibility? I think I remember doing this last year and I was going to have to drive in from a different airport.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

SHIT!!!!

Nevermind, I just checked the date and it falls on my Father's 3rd annual Memorial run. Well maybe next year guys.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yep, nothing... my favorite of the year for sure.

Bummer... I've pretty much just taken Thur-Fri to do it. I leave sometime Thur. and drive straight through to Joplin. Same for the return trip Sunday morning...

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Third annual Memorial run, eh...??? Well, wonder how all those guys that attend your Father's run would like to make it a REAL run...a 15.5 hour run...THAT'd sure separate the men from the boys, eh...???

HAMB drags is a not-to-be-missed event...

R-

11. We need a NW event of sorts

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That would probably be the least exciting drag race ever! All those 4 bangers just puttering through the finish line hahaha!!!:D Not to say it wouldn't be cool though.

13. It's a shame about the Cinematic. :( It was a great time for those who participated both years.

14. Least exciting???? I'll bet some of those bangers will give some V8s a little run for the money :D
    I think theres a good amout of cars up in this area, not to mention nastalgia racers, who would place perfect in an event like this. TONS of good stuff up here ;)

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I cant wait for the revoloution!!!

16. GARY?

GARY?

I'm afraid I'll miss the HAMB Drags again this year. The time between the Drags and B'ville is a bit too long of a break from work. I will get down to the Relolution though, come hell or high water.
    -Gary

17. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

OH. HELL. YEAH. i know the revolution is gonna rock!

18. hmm
    can't someone show movies after dark at both venues seems simple enuf even without a good sound system
    a movie is a great background for being in a car parked somewhere.. and goodness knows we have to stop drivin around some time ... well maybe not

19. This year is a MUST for the HAMB drags! We're always goin through towards Texas to visit family so it's not like it's ever out of the way. The Cinematic was a blast and the drags HAVE to be tons better. For those of y'all who say they just can't make it can't complain when a show is gone! If Ryan hosts it, they will come.:D

20. rodncustom

rodncustom

I agree!

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

No we need an East Coast event. :p

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For real. We do have Jalopy Showdown and did have the Cinematic (both are supposed to be rad) as well as Dixie Fried (which is not really anything spectacular) but a drag fest like at Famoso would be great. We even have a Billetproof in Florida but the cars that pop up there are enough to make a grown man cry. That's only from what I have seen through coverage so I can't make a certainty of it. South East is hurting for some quality events that have a bit of Drag Racing involved.

I was hoping to get a Reliability Run going in the next year for Father's day. Cali has LA Roadster swap and maybe NC will have the Father's Day Reliability Run.

23. Hot Rod Reunion, Bowling Green KY. 'nuff said.

24. Turbo442

Turbo442

WooHoo!!! The Revolution! Can't wait, glad it's going on this year!
    And for all you guys who had issues last year Billetproof is the 19th and 20th. Now you can make both. I plan to:D

25. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

The HAMB drags is an event not to be passed up.
    the mokan morris will be there this year for another
    hair ball pass..10.59 :eek:
    It was fun though..

Roach

Attached Files:

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am going to try to make the Revolution.........fingers crossed.

27. mrdodge

mrdodge

Did the HAMB drags last year. Unreal event and friendly people. Can't make it this year (our dollars worth about 50 cents US plus I just can't do an overseas trip every year!!) Something that surprised me though was that people who only live an hour or two away from a great event don't seem to go. Talked to guys at Bonneville who were from Salt Lake and it was the first time they had been. WTF!!

28. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

If i can make it i wont know till last min. But i am going to try

29. Glen

Glen

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Like Earl Schieb said, HRR Bowling Green in June AND the Good-Guys Bowling Green event in Oct. Both held at a most AWESOME dragstrip called Beech Bend.