Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dick's hot rod carbs

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by dickster27, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

After having to send back a tri power twice and then him sending the wrong carb top to a client of mine I can no longer recommend dickster
    Glad all of you have had good luck with him. But treat me bad and it will be the last time.. He is great when things are going his way but the true test is when he screwed up and wanted to argue about it and bring things up that had nothing to do with the transaction. Over the last few years I have sent dickster quite a few people . NOT any more Never again!

cactus1 likes this.
  2. Dickster did top notch work on my carb setup but we had a difference of opinion regarding JB weld on this brand new adaptor.
    IMG_1986.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. papo49merc

papo49merc
    from La Habra

My 3X2 set up arrived. Dick does awesome work.
    3X2 2G adapter.jpg 3x2 adapter 1.jpg

4. Dimadee

Dimadee

Hi Dick,

Your email address seems to be bouncing.

I have a couple of questions regarding the tri power setup you did for me for my Cadillac (which looks awesome on top of the block).

I am only a couple of weeks away from firing the engine for the first time, which is exciting. I am having a challenge with the accelerator lever included with my carbs.

I understand that these carbs are getting hard to come by, and I guess the accelerator lever and linkages are also. My accelerator lever is quite loose on the butterfly shaft (looks worn), and the screw which holds it on doesn't seem to be able to hold it firm. I have tightened it numerous times, and with little use it works its way loose. I also had to make up a bracket to hold the TV rod as this is required for a Cadillac, and the original lever did not give any facility for this.

Do you know where I could get a new lever I could use for the centre carb? I am happy to adapt something from another carb if needed - I am more concerned with the reliability of the accelerator and don't want to entertain the possibility of a roadside stop.

Also, can you also tell me what thread the screw is which retains the accelerator lever to the shaft? I am hoping a new longer screw might retain better, and allow me to use a spring washer to hold it all tight.

Regards....Tim