Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 2011 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sololobo

sololobo

2. yngrodder

yngrodder

Good seeing you also Don, I meant to get back over to you but time got away from me, Are you coming to the Pile Up?

3. Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. Hey! I've "fixed" problems that way too! Just keep your foot in it.... It'll be ok!!!

5. Hottttttt damn! Are the HAMB's gettin gooder or what? Sure wish we coulda been there. Damn damn damn

6. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Great to see another successful HAMB Drags. I just wish New Jersey wasn't so far away. One day we'll make the treck.

7. speedwise

speedwise

This was my third year and as usual had a great time. One of my favorite weekends. I didn't read any comments on this thread about the separate parking for those who drove their rods but did not race. I think that was a great idea and I enjoyed looking at those cars too. Thanks to all who put on the drags.

8. The separate parking made for a long walk for going back to the car for water and beer. That walk also gave me some opportunities to look again at some of the cars in the pit area and to meet more folks. Was it a bitch? Yes. Did I wear shoes for it? Yes. Am I bitchin'? Not at all. I had a blast during the entire event.
    I met many really neat folks that were racing and spectating. You can't wipe the smile off of my face with dynamite. Thanks very much to all that helped make it happen. I didn't get off my feet for more than driving my car, eating supper, hittin' the sack just after midnight. I will do it again in 2012 unless something unforeseen stops me.
    Folks, for the most part we carry on like a very large family that enjoys cars and racing. A few squabbles will arise, very few. I'm ready for the next reunion, HAMB DRAGS 2012.

9. I have been to alot of events but the HAMB drags are unmatched. If I have to miss them all but one this is the one you'll find me at every August. This is a gathering of true hotrodders. Thanks to you Ryan for taking us back in time for a day. Also thanks for the hours you give to us by putting this all together. The HAMB drags are the best. I did get in on the YAY-HOO cup fame as DaSchaefer is my brother-in- law. I got to tow him back to the Hotel in my Sedan. It was a good time. See ya'll next August.