Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Perfect Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah the pics that Bleed posted gave me a little chill down the spine. First of all I am always extremely excited for people when they decide to take that step in their life and get married. It's been the best choice in my life I know Paul probably feels the same. Couple that with a good group of friends that also happen to have some of the baddest rides out there and you have the making for as you call "a perfect day". When you can mix life's passions and it all blends smoothly like it was meant to be it;s a day to celebrate for sure. Family, Friends, & Hot Rods.....what else is there?

4. Awesome read...thanks for that.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yeah,... your right, In conversation when someone brings up another Hot Rodder,... I picture his car or project first,.... (And I am one of those knuckle heads that say "It's not about the cars,... it's about the people" :eek:)

Sounds like a great time for friends and family,.... I wish Paul and his new Bride all the best life has to offer.

6. Same thing with me,,,I hear a name and associate with the owners car.

I am so happy for Paul and Cammie and wish them the best,,:) HRP

7. nice read....as always.

8. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

A cool read Ryan. Thanks.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I was afraid that I was the only one afflicted with this disease. I can tell you all the details of a guys hotrod but pulling up his name that is buried in my gray matter someplace is always a problem. It will come to me but long after the embarrassment of the immediate situation.

It looked like a nice day with fun stuff to look at in the parking lot. Much cooler than the few weddings that I attend. I hope they have a long happy life together.

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

Great read, RYAN.

11. You and me both Tommy,,I was talking to a guy yesterday that I went to high school and I really didn't remember him,,he knew my name,remembered the band I played in but most of all remembered that jacked up 63 Falcon sprint,,

When the talk turned to cars he said he had a primer red 55 chevy with chrome rims and no front bumper,,,I said yeah,,I remember the car and this is just a fluke but I instantantly knew him as Tommy. :D HRP

12. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

well done story Ryan....painted a great picture in my head of those fellas rolling in,cool

13. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Nice article Ryan... best wishes to the newly weds.

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Ryan, A Damn fine read, sounds like a bloody great day was had by one and all!

Nick.

15. S.F.

S.F.

Cool story, I suffer from the same problem, Most of the contacts in my phone does not have names, it has "the 40 Ford dude" "32 Roadster owner" "hot rod guy"

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Great read, Ryan. My brain seems to work the same way.

17. Labold

Labold

Geat read, you've got a really good knack of telling a story.

18. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Wow...great read

19. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

cars... never forget 'em, names...never remember 'em. good read, makes sense to a car guy.

20. Congrats Paul and Cammie! thats so great. btw - that cake turned out cool

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good story, I have been blessed with a wife who can remember names and who belongs to who and has how many kids and grand kids of our car and boat friends.

For more years than she wants to count car events were our main social outlet and although I almost always know which guy goes which car or which boat when we are out on the boat. We are Rob and Jean on Sea Dragon when out on the boat. Or the guy with the Australian Shepard when Harley takes me for another trip up the dock and down an interesting path. With the 48 I think I am known as that guy who never seems to get his truck done.

Congrats to Paul and Cammie and may the two of you spend many a fun hour cruising through life together.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The cake did turn out cool. But I am still trying to figure out why he wanted JohnnyCola's coupe as his wedding cake!!! Just kidding Paul!

23. autobilly

autobilly

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    "It&#8217;s as if I suffer from a sort of autism..." Along with social anxiaty. How about a lack of empathy?
    Asperger's Syndrome?!

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Much well wishes to Paul and his new bride. The best thing that could happen to them is to be able to stand where I am today. Where is that? Married to an angel that I have been blessed with for the last 46 years this July. You'll know it's "right" when each passing year is better than the year before. congatulations!!!

Frank

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

For Frank, it's a Blessing,.... For his Wife,... it's a life sentence !:cool:
    Don't worry ol' pal,... My Wife is in for the life sentence as well. :D

26. I don't have that problem because none of my friends have cool cars (truth be told, I don't really have any friends because I spend every waking moment and many sleeping ones working on my car or bikes). Even two of my "valued acquaintances" that own hot rod shops drive a newer dodge truck, and a scion... and I don't picture those.

I wish I could say that I'm finishing my truck for our wedding for my fiancee, but she couldn't care less. You lucky dogs!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, but mysta2 I can see your CB360! No, I've got the same affliction - if your car is not around, I probably won't recognize you. I seem to have room in my minds eye for the faces of about 10 - 15 peoples faces outside of my main group of friends and family. I just got a phone call earlier in the day from one of my fellow club members - the name JOE appears on my phone - the brain sees a bitchin' '29 closed cab and a '27 modified. There's got to be a 12 step program for us out there somewhere....

28. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Chief, This is one of your best.

Paul, buckle up! ;)

29. striper

striper

...and thanks for the wedding pics Ryan