Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relix Riot #1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Sep 28, 2009.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

A quick note here, and HUGE thanks to the Relix guys for putting on a great first time event at the Gilmore Museum! We, and everybody we talked to, had a ball, or more correctly, a RIOT! Day dawned a little cool and foggy, but by about noon the haze burned off and it was a great Sunday afternoon. Cool cars, cool people, it was really great putting faces with some HAMB'rs, thanks for coming up and saying Hi!

Attached Files:

2. JCShiels

JCShiels

Brian,
    It was good to meet you and see the Fordillac in person and my wife enjoyed looking inside your travel trailer. Thanks! Oh, and it was a good show.

3. jake//NC\\Mi

jake//NC\\Mi
    from michigan

We were very pleased with the turnout we had. Thanks to everyone who came out and showed your vehicle. We appreciated your support. The show was certainly a huge success. We spoke with the Gilmore guys and they were pleased as well. They are already looking forward to next year! So keep it in mind for next year.

Jake
    //Relix\\

4. twochops

twochops

Picked up a nice home made trophy for Best KUSTOM.
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

5. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Any more pics???

6. Yeah Brian, I think that Fordillac is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time.

7. CayoRV

CayoRV

I have to agree with ya Brian and give a big attaboy to the Relix. Really nice job. Its pretty nerve racking puttin on that first show and these guys did a fantastic job. No doubt it will grow by leaps and bounds in the comming years. I know I'll be a regular.
    On a more personal note I was glad to finally get a chance to meet you and your lovely wife in person after only seeing the cars and trailers at so many previous events. TCT and hot rods!

Chuck

8. studeboy

studeboy

Nice show at an AWESOME venue. This was my first trip to the Gilmore and it lived up to everything I've heard about it. Great to meet you Brian. The Relix show will only get better as time goes on.

Anybody know who owns the blue suede shoebox that was parked next to the gift shop? I'd like some info on the chop.

9. butch

butch
    from Michigan

Thanks to the Relix nice show. Had it all going on bikes rods customs swap. Gilmore is great venue. This will only get better.

10. bonechop113

bonechop113

The blue 49 up front is mine. It was chopped by the Relix. PM me if you want some info.

None of us got a chance to take many pictures during the show so i hope someone else did.
    Once everyone was gone we couldnt resist the scenery. Here is a few of us that were left:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Here are a few more photos. I thought I took more (in fact, I did, but I know you guys are tired of seeing my car:p) but mostly I just carried the camera around all day. I was so busy talking to people I didn't take many photos!

Some highlights of the show for us:

Having a wedding reception going on Saturday night while we were gathering. Hot Rods and choppers blasting around to the wedding singer in the background. We (OK, just me!) wanted to crash the reception, but somebody over-ruled on that.

Watching some of the Relix guys unloading bikes from the back of a pickup, and one of 'em said "This is like trying to lift a car!" No wonder that truck was so low...

Hanging out around a campfire in that cool little Scotch grill. I gotta get me one of them!

Dennis sleeping (or, trying to) in his truck bed on a cot. So much for building Street Rodder cover cars! (Maybe I should help you on that teardrop, eh Denny?)

Being awakened at 1 am by a chopper firing up. I didn't even mind:D.

Forgetting my PIN # trying to get cash for registration and the money machine rejecting my card after too many tries:rolleyes::eek: . It's funny now...Luckily, Kim had 40 bucks in her purse, so we got to stay. And, I didn't spend any money on junk I didn't really neet at the swap meet...I kinda wanted a shirt tho.

Seeing the look on the elderly gents face who stepped into our trailer while one of the pin-up girls was being photographed inside on the bed. He stayed in there a LOOOOOONG time and had a huge, sort of glassy eyed grin on his face when he finally stepped out! Priceless.

Seeing Nick be made a "Relix" member. Now that you're a "made" man, get your coupe back together, OK?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  12. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

We had a great time! The Gilmore is a fantastic setting for a show, well worth the 2 hour and 20 minute drive for us to get out there...

The Relix's are a good bunch of guy's, everyone of them that I talked to, were nice & helpful...

...flyinbrian, I saw you pull in, I headed your way, but you were gone by the time I got there, just wanted to introduce myself...the '36 looks bitchin' in person!

I figured there would be a ton of pics of cars from the show, so I mostly took pics of the drag cars on display inside...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  13. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...a couple of Dave Crain's : Comp Coupe & Fuel Altered

Attached Files:

14. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

You deserved that. I'm not a fan of those cars chopped but that one really did pull it off well.
    Congrats.

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Sorry I missed ya, MrGasser! The drive for us is long too, about two minutes...

Brian

16. rev616

rev616

i left for a road trip to phoenix the next day,havent got to reply...i had a great time there i cant wait for next year to happen! also gave me more motivation to get working on my 26!

haha that is my girlfriend,i have a ton of picture of her in your trailer! im hoping nick will get his coupe back together too!

17. rev616

rev616

some of these pictures were taken later int he day when the trophy hunters figured out they werent going to win,and left

18. rev616

rev616

a couple of the trailer photos for your pleasure brian

Attached Files:

19. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hey thanks for posting the photos! Smok'n hot chick! She was having fun posing, and we had fun watching.

Brian

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am really like this one for some reason.

[​IMG]

21. freebird101

freebird101

22. rev616

rev616

ohhh yeah she did! you shoulda seen her eyes light up when she found out you were letting people walk through the trailer! she wants me to send you the rest of the pictures from the trailer,so i will pm them to you later