Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1937 Chev Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Thanks Guys

I am using an ECI hot rod brakes under dash unit.

[​IMG]

2. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

that grill came out nice

3. Lizard

Lizard
    from Benson Az

Dig those old Chevys, nice work.

4. Looks great, what era build are you going for?

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Everyone raise a glass for FENDERS. Nice.

6. gafridge

gafridge

Looks great.Great craftsmanship,I think it would look better with the tag moved up as well.Good luck.Keep us updated.

7. Well the front is loosely Westergard style. I couldn't afford a Lasalle grill so I went with my own. I would like to find some 40 chev headlights and mold them into the fenders like the bertolucci coupe Ryah posted but Haven't found any yet. Obviously out back is not quite the same era with those taillights but they are kind of a concession to having something big enough that people will see them when they are that low. So I don't really know what I would call it.:D:rolleyes:

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A-F*&KIN'-MEN!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

We're going to need some more progress photos of this truck. I dig this build a lot! Fendered trucks are AWESOME and the stance on yours is lookin' real good!

Keep 'em coming! Make sure you follow YOUR heart with the details. Sounds like you're doing that though. Glad you're not settling for anything less than exactly what you want!

(two thumbs up!)

9. Well all of my free time has been getting eaten up on reno's on the house so I haven't done much. I will try and get some new pictures soon.

10. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great truck, Great job on the frame. Keep us posted.....

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I really like everything but that rear roll pan. That truck has a great overall look from the front and side.

12. Alright here are some updated pictures. I found some 1940 Chev headlights and have begun getting them ready to mold into the front fenders. I only mocked up one for the picture but they are both ready to go.
    Sorry for the shitty pictures they are with my cell phone and I can only push my truck so far back or it gets on the sloped driveway and then I can't push it back up by myself and when it is pushed back I can't close the door and the sun shine right in. Hence the heavenly glow behind the truck. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Black Primer

Black Primer

I really like the look of those headlights with your grille. They really flow together nice. Not trying to be a smart-ass, but I think I'd have a few beers and take a long look at the back end. Maybe lose the roll pan and consider some kind of swoopy bumper off a 40s-50s car. Keep us posted!

14. I know some of you are not fans of the rear and I appreciate the comments good and bad but I have made a few adjustments and I kind of like it so for the time being it is staying.:D I also have some better pics of the front as I got some batteries.

Back end: I got new stake pockets and added to the bottom of them to round them off and I moved the license plate up into the pan. The fenders are not on right now as it is a tight fit in the garage with them on but I think they will finish it off.

[​IMG]

And some new pics of the front.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Hey thanks for the comments. I aprreciate the thoughts on the back end as well. I think with a bumper it would have to be a really simple affair or it would be too hard to tie in without looking out of place. I don't want to hang something out there just for the sake of it being there. I also think anything to showy would put the look way out to lunch for the Westergard era not that I am there now by any means.:D

16. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

That thing is *so* boss. The look and profile...utterly perfect.

17. Thanks man! I appreciate it.

18. 37 chevys have always been a fav of mine. i love how you changed the grille so you can tell what it is, only cleaner. the rolled rear i think will work in with everything else when the trucks finished. this is going to be a great truck.

19. Thanks I think the rolled pan will work when all is said and done as well.

20. me, I'm narrowing my front bumper a bit and fixing a bit of rust. I'm inspired by what I'm seeing here.

stellar vision. enjoying your work - the truck looks really good and can't wait to see it outside complete.

21. Thanks. Not sure about my Stellar vision I think I change my mind on how I want to do things about 20 times a day LOL:rolleyes::D

22. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

How is your truck coming? Is it possible to get some more pictures of the closeouts that are between the bed and the running board? Thanks in advance...

23. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

truck looks good it sits great with those bags and the straight 6 is cool too. good luck keep the pictures comin

24. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's coming along real nice!:cool:
    I do like the changes you made to the rollpan, I think it works a lot better. I'll be curious to see how the back looks with fenders on.
    Thanks for the updates.

25. bryan6902

bryan6902

Just found your build thread and I think it looks great so far! Wife's grandparents have a 37 Chevy that was rodded in the 70's. Mustang seats, shag carpet, flat bed, CB radio etc.. The bones are all good and just looking at what you've done gets the imagination into overdrive. Don't beat your self up too bad with other people's opinions, you are doing fabulous work. Just build it the way you want and do a good job of it! Bryan

26. I really like the changes that you have made to the rear end. I think that the exhaust and taillights look good...

The only thing I might think about changing is the license plate treatment. I think that the sharp lines on the platebox are a little harsh and distracting.

Just my thought, it is your truck, do with it what you will.

I am enjoying watching your build!

27. gafridge

gafridge

Looks great,those trucks have great lines,can't wait to see a side shot all together.Engine shot is cool as well,keep up the good work.

28. 55sd

55sd

Looks GREAT! The headlights molded into the fenders are an excellent touch. The rear pan looks better too.

I thought I was the only one crammed into a one car garage, I feel your pain. Most of my pics are from the same angle.

Once again awsome work and keep us updated

29. Ace5n85

Ace5n85

Looks awesome! did you have to do any roof work when you chopped it? I have the same truck (not nearly as nice as yours yet) and it doesnt look like there would be much roof work if you lean the a pillars back a little bit. True?