Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Now In Color!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 21, 2009.

1. autofocus

autofocus
    from MASS

i.e., the Green "T" w/lady jockey standing by- is from Colo- I took pics of it in ,65. I always liked the full pg. color photos back then. Any more from Colo?

2. Road Runner

Road Runner

3. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

The Hot Rod Magazine "Spec Sheet" cards are my all time favorite. Also, my first thought when I saw thread. I managed to put together a complete set and was thrilled.......... I lifted this shot from Google:
    [​IMG]

4. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Whether it's women or cars, I prefer that vintage soft look as it's so atmospheric. I love Technicolor movies. I've heard that they used to have color advisers on set to determine which colors would work best with the film process. Real life is fuzzy and hazy and soft lit - not see every hair and pore sharp. As for the cars, they look more like art with a softer color printing process. If you really want atmospheric, try watching black and white silent films - something I've been doing lately. It seems like the modern world is stripping all the aura and mystery out of life.

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No doubt. As cool as Technicolor film and KodaChrome is, some BnW films simply awesome. Watch "Vampyr", holy crap is that a mood inducer!!

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

7. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Recently started adding more 50's and early 60's HRM's to my collection.

Never really thought so much about film / camera technology being the reason the pics looked the way they did, I just figured HRM's art editor airbrushed the shit outta the pics to make them that way.

Who took those pics anyway? Rickmann? Bob D'Olivio?

8. Bob Guccione?:D

9. These are great! I agree, there's just something about the old photos that, like a old
    car or a comfy pair of shoes, gives them life and personality.
    What a great collection...
    Thanks Ryan

10. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Now that's funny.

11. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I was looking for a good video of mama don't take my Kodachrome away and found this. It's not the song but it's FABULOUS! (say it like Sean Connery... shimply fabuloush)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LuM-EZvKNJU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LuM-EZvKNJU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  12. Swifster

Swifster

This thread needs Paul Simon singing "Kodochrome" in the background...

I might have to burn a roll before it goes away.

Paul Simon - Kodachrome

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  13. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

probably made by philo farnsworth inventer of electronic tv... Kálmán Tihanyi also invented electronic tv half a world away and seperated by war

14. skunx1964

skunx1964

awesome vid torchmann, thanx!

15. Well I figured Bob G. might have a little airbrush experience.:eek: And then considering the way most everybody on the forums drools over these pictures...;)