Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadkillCustoms, Sep 1, 2008.

1. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Ever wonder what other vehicles have wheels that will fit your ride?

Wonder no more.

Simply use this tool to enter your bolt pattern: Number of Lugs and Stud Spread in either inches or millimeters. The results will display Make, Model and Year as well as the OEM Wheel Size (diameter and width) plus Stud Size, Hub Center Bore and Offset.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp

This is a NEW tool, so let me know if you have any comments or suggestions. Enjoy!

2. Steve M

Steve M

Great information on this site. Thanks for posting it.

3. squirrel

squirrel

no 4.75" Chevy 5 lug bolt pattern?

But yeah, it's a great thing you've created there!

4. Roadkillcustoms, Lots of useful info, Thanks.

Cooter

5. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

fullsize GM of the 70s and 80s are 4.75, not 5...still cool idea

6. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

The 5 x 4.75 Inch info is on the way...gotta start somewhere!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

The first of the 5 x 4.75 inch info is in the database and is mostly from 60s Chevys. More to follow shortly.

8. kruzr

kruzr

interesting stuff, thanks.

Jerry

9. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Cool maybe I can figure what disc brakes fit on my 1935 Mercedes

10. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

Very helpful information, thanks for getting it done and posting it for us. I really needed this and will make good use of it.

11. F&J

F&J

Can you go older??? please :rolleyes:

Allied Racing wheels just did away with teir online chart when I looked yesterday for some old 6 lug info. Their list went way back 30s 40s etc. I spent a hour looking for another old-to-new but can't find one.

Trying to find out what the chevy 6 lugs fit in the early 30s so I can ID a metal spare tire cover ass'y for ebay. Pontiac, buick maybe oddball cars etc......so I can sell it and buy more rod parts there;)

12. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

After much pain, the updated version of the Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database is alive. The new version allows you to select bolt pattern by Make/Model, and it displays all matching vehicles, of course by bolt pattern.

I have also added a visual reference for measuring correctly for bolt pattern.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp

P.S. I am working very hard to get more of the older vehicles listed. As always, if you know of any I have missed, PM me or post them here. I will get them added.

Also, any comments about how to make this public tool better are welcomed.

funk 49 and kiwijeff like this.
  13. 67 dartona

67 dartona
    from Virginia

You are doing a GREAT job on this and thanks a ton.....or three!

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The one other critical dimension for wheel interchange is the center hub hole diameter.

15. Peter Mc Mahon

Peter Mc Mahon
    from Ontario

Thanks for this. Great job. Peter

16. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

A great resource, thanks!

You list Jag XJ/XK 63-05 as 5X120 and I've always seen it as 5 X 4.75 - which is correct?

17. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Agreed...There is a slot in the database labled "Hub Center Bore".

So far I have the bore measurement for 729 out of 1123 vehicles in the database. Granted, alot of the Chevy's are missing the bore, which many would consider the most important, but I have had the hardest time with Chevy bore sizes...GM has not been very cooperative or responsive to my requests for assistance. I suppose they are busy rebuilding themselves.

I will keep working on getting the data and will let you guys know when significant progress is made.

If you have any of the missing numbers, send them to me.

18. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

In many cases, I have both the standard and metric measurements in the database. When comparing a selected vehicle, it looks at the default measurement, either in inches or mm, and then looks to find the matching vehicles based on that.

That being said, it is entirely possible that this is a shortcoming in the program that runs things behind the scenes. I will add to the list of things to improve displaying both pattern formats and highlighting the manufacturer default where I have that info.

19. striper

striper

What about early Ford i.e '40 - '48?

Good job!

20. striper

striper

Yeah, I know, it's all 5 on 5.5 but the widths and offsets would be handy.

Pete

21. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

thanks!!!this is great,very useful.

22. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

I calculate it to be .0256" on the diameter meaning a difference of .0128" in the position of the stud or hole. If there is a .005 clearance between the shouldered lug and the hole in the wheel, that means that there is .0025 side clearance,(I'm estimating on the high side, I don't know what the wheel and lug manuufacturer's specs will be there) and assuming that the 120 mm pattern and the 4.75" pattern are precisely on location within .0001"(which is not realistic) that means that there will still be a minimum .010" interference between the lug and the wheel, potentially much higher. In hub part manufacturing terms that's a mile, I keep hole locations on something like that to within .002" or less of true position. That means a 120mm pattern and a 4.75 pattern won't fit each other.

You might get the wheel on if you are using tapered seat lugs but it still won't be right, and I wouldn't drive it.

Normally imperial size lugs are not placed on a metric circle, and lots of builders have put chevy pattern mag wheels on Jag hubs, so I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the correct spec is 4.75".

I'm not picking your work apart just to criticize, I just happened to put 4.75 BC in your chart as a test, and when I didn't see Jag, I went looking for it and found this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  23. FYI, none of GM cars listed under 5x120mm, with exception of the '04-06 GTO, are 5x120mm. The majority are 5x4.75" with some at 5x115mm in the later years, although I don't think you have any of those years listed.

As mentioned by yoyodyne, While the difference between 5x120mm and 5x4.75" is small, it is noticeable to the naked eye and should not be interchanged when used on wheels with conical seats. I have hands-on confirmation of this with my '04 GTO.

Additionally, the hub-bore diameter for the '04-06 GTO is 69.6mm; stock wheel sizes are 17x8" and 18x8" with a +48mm offset. The wheel size for the '94-96 Impala SS was 17x8.5 with a +6mm offset.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  24. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

These should display as 4.75"...but thats why I need guys looking at it. There is a flaw in the way things display, working on it now...

Thanks for all your comments! Keep them coming, good, bad and ugly.

25. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

OK, I think I have this sorted out. Let me know if anything else is noticed...meanwhile, I am chasing down data for more cars and trucks.

Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference Database

26. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

27. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Get me started finding the info, what are a couple rides that use the 6 x 6 pattern?

28. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

29 Huppmobile for one

29. solid

solid

Thanks, great reference tool.

30. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

I have looked for reliable info for these cars and years. The info I have that is confirmed has been posted. Do you have any data I should post?