Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Revolution: LAST MINUTE DATE CHANGE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Still cant make as will still be flying here in Alaska!! Good Luck to all that are able to attend!! Dave

3. After last year I was on the fence about BilletProof anyway, this just clinches it. I will be part of the Revolution.
    Can't wait.

4. 36Brua

36Brua

....that this is the same weekend as Billetproof. We hate to intrude on the weekend, but have no other choice. Hell, we aren’t competition anyway…

event competition ? maybe not but I have a lot of appreciation for a very broad range of automotive events. You're not making things easy here!! let's see, Penngrove or Antioch ? local park or fairgrounds hmmmmm

5. Can someone give the location and is San Fran. the closest airport? I might fly up from So. Cal. Thanks, Mike

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Mike, it's in Penngrove, CA... a couple hours north of San Fran... You can get all the details here:

www.hotrodrevolution.com

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well that just plain sucks.:(

8. so is that the shirt and can i buy one in suport of the show since i wont be able to swing the trip from fargo?

9. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

What????? You changed the show after the first year because it was the same weekend as the Primer Nationals, which is in not even in Northern Califronia. Now you have your show on the same day as Billet Proof??? Why are you trying to split us up to chose between the two? The first year you had the perfect setup w/the Lucky Bastards Realiablity Run the next morning. It made it worth driving out to a weed infested baseball diamond. The second year I had to pick between your show and the Realiablity Run because they were so close together. I just cant believe you continue to make it harder each year to go to your show. I realize that this wont be a popular response because no one want to hurt your feelings. Scott

10. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Hey Alex Gambino where will you be on the 20th??? Looks like you a vendor at the Revolution... Am I going to miss your BBQ at Billet Proof? Scott

11. Santa Rosa Airport might work out better:

http://www.sonomacountyairport.org/

12. Choptop

Choptop

yes it does. I was looking forward to going to Hot Rod Revolution, but now I cant go (obviously). :(

13. Marcie Cochran

Marcie Cochran
    Event Coordinator

Trust me, we're definitely not trying to make it difficult for you to get to the show! If we could have it our way, we'd have the Revolution on its own weekend with no conflicts. However, this year the Tardels surprised us with some exciting news about adding to their family, so with the upcoming arrival and some events already booked at the park, we had no choice. I promise we tried our hardest to get the weekend we wanted but sometimes life happens and you have to roll with it. No matter the date, we couldn't happier to have the opportunity to be in Penngrove with some of our favorite people and some really awesome hot rods...

14. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

My Girlfriend and I drove through the night up from SoCal last year for it, and we're planning on doing it again.

Hey folks, this is a quality car show. Don't miss it.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope, below is a hint of what is to come... One color simpleness with art stolen by me. Budget minded for my pals!!!

Ohhh and fellas... Please don't make this an us vs. them thing. Billetproof is a huge car show where you can get a little bit of every thing. I went last year and had a swell time for sure. They had what, a 1000 cars?

The Revolution will more than likely have 1/10th of that. It's just a bunch of pals and old farts hanging out at a "weed infested baseball diamond" that we all happen to love. There is no competition here at all... And we won't be on the same day next year for sure.

Attached Files:

• art.jpg
      art.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

this realy suck's i wanted to make bolth shows,was disapionted the first time the date was the 20th,then it was changed to the following week and things were gona work out,now its back to the 20th that SUCKS ASS!
    was sapose to cover it for zombie.if it had to be the same week end why not the next day so we could do bolth.the revalution kicks ass but my heart is with billetproof the road zombies have been there from the beginning , its my birth day ,the starliner will be there.this sucks o well mybe next year.

17. 1low1954ford

1low1954ford
    from LA

I did both shows last year. We were headed up that way on vacation and it just worked out. I can understand what you are saying Rya. Those shows are so different.

This is actually going to work out for me. I plan to go to billetproof for an hour or so in the morning and then head up north. There is just something about that little show in Penngrove. Every single car there was amazing and I had mabe seen only one or two before. I just can't get myself to miss it.

18. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

ah, this sucks. i wanted to bring the wife's pickup up to the Revolution and was really looking forward to it.

same weekend would have been fine with me.... billetproof on saturday, revolution on sunday..... we would go to both.

i think the best idea to pull off for the future would be to combine a weekend with the Revolution Saturday and the Lucky Bastards Reliably Run (which is Aug 31 this year) the next day. That makes for a great north of the bridge weekend....

-scott noteboom

19. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

im bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

20. Deadender60

Deadender60

Oh man.... Me & my brother are going to have to rock paper scissors to see which one of us goes where.. But we'll cover both events!

(Everything happens for a reason cause I had a wedding portrait customer just cancel on me)

-Juan

21. It's kinda like scheduling a car show in Austin on the same day as the Roundup! :)

Is there any reason why you guys couldn't do it on Sunday?

Sam

22. 36Brua

36Brua

....i think the best idea to pull off for the future would be to combine a weekend with the Revolution Saturday and the Lucky Bastards Reliably Run (which is Aug 31 this year) the next day. That makes for a great north of the bridge weekend....

-scott noteboom

Ah Ha ! Pebble Beach North Xtra points (fun) for participating in both events. Stinson Beach is great spot..

so does this mean I would actually have to put my car on the road sometime instead of my continued lip service ??

23. This is really the best idea, it happended that way the first year and it made for a fun filled weekend. I live close enough that it's not an issue, but for out or town people it makes a better reason to come on up to Nor-Cal. How about it folks ?

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The reason we held the show later last year was because I needed more than 5 days between the drags and the revolution. There just wasn't enough days to get my shit together.

That said, I'll contact those guys and see what they have going next year.

As for this year, we are working on some other stuff to do on Friday and maybe even Sunday. On Friday, we might just open up Vern's place again just to have a place to hang out... On Sunday, we usually drive somewhere out in the wine country and get lunch.

25. Who did the 345window artwork on the homepage entry for the 'Revolution' story.
    Badass.....

26. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Kinda looks like Jeff Norwell's work. That crazy Canuck! :)

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

That dumbass is freek'in hack.

I went last year and had a blast.I learned to eat Mexican food and some weird drink...
    Right Matt?

Very memorable.

28. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

The only way he'd be a bigger hack was if he decided to start teaching. It was a blast! I loved the show and the friends I hung out with. You coming down for it this year, "Horchata" Norwell?

I still gotta talk to you about a drawing . . . . .

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

"Hell, we aren’t competition anyway…
    And let’s be real about all of this. Technically speaking, the Revolution is just an excuse for the Tardels and Cochrans to get together..."

Some people are having to make a decision between the two - that sounds like competition to me. Two shows dedicated to traditional hot rods and kustoms on the same day in the same general area - again, sounds like competition to me.

If it's just a Cocran and Tardell deal, why invite other people, promote it and make t-shirts etc? It's OK to say that it's a full-blown car show because that's what it is. There sure as hell is nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure the number of people who will choose the Revolution over Billetproof will be small because so many have been part of it and made it their event for so long, but it just sucks to make HAMBers have to decide between two cool shows they'd like to attend. There aren't many related shows for us and now two important ones are on the same day? Keith Tardell is one of the coolest and most talented people on the planet and I'm bummed to not be able to check out something he's involved in.

I know I'd like to do both, but I'll sure as hell be at Billetproof. Allen may have adopted my baby, but I still love her and all of my friends that go.

A Saturday/Sunday thing with Billetproof, like the Vultures and Strangers gig, sure would have been cool.

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but Billetproof has been on the same weekend for 12 years.

What a bummer.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  30. Camm

Camm

Billetproof for me............