Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powered by Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I just watched my 331 powered Model A coupe leave on a rollback heading to the docks on it's way to Japan.With many mixed feelings,I might add.:confused::confused:

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've been trying to buy a '57 Eldorado engine (2X4) for a few years now. The guy that has it put it in a '31 Model A pickup in 1959. It's got a roller cam, the origonal 2x4 setup, ported heads w/ oversized valves, REAL Hildebrant valve covers and beehive oil filter.
    He put the A in storage in 1962 and left it until 1991. At his wifes urging (she helped him build it and they dated in it before they were married) he got it out and has been rebuilding it since. Unfortunately/fortunately he is going SBC and 350 turbo on the rebuild so the Caddy just sits under his bench. His wife is trying to convince him to sell it to me as I told her I'd put in the Brookville roadster and she could have it for a summer to drive the crap out it.
    About time to take another run over with a new sales pitch.:cool: :)

Frank

3. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

This is what I have been working on in the past 6 months it should be on the road in this coming spring. Its got a '57 365 Caddy with an Edelbrock 4 duece intake and a Bendstons adapter for a Muncie M-21, stock '57 Caddy rearend. Quarter elliptics at each corner, Schroeder steering, Kelsey Hayes 40 bent spoke wheels, it oughta be a blast when finished.

Attached Files:

4. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

I'd love to use a Caddy engine but would like to use one that has a rear mounted distributor, but not one with the bellousing as part of the block. Is that a possibility and if so, what year?
    Thanks
    Ol Blue

5. eltiberius

eltiberius

Been with Caddy motors since 80. My old 390 used to go through water pumps so often, I kept a rebuilt one in the trunk at all times. Now Maybelline has a 472 out of a 68. With all this frenzy over 390's, I wondr where mine ended up...I blew it up twice before the 472 deal fell into my lap..400 trans and everything in trade for my jetaway 4 spd trans...how could I refuse?

6. myke

myke
    from SoCal

That's what I am using in my '36. Glad to hear they are good motors.

Mine is a '52 331 out of an Allard car. It was never in a cadillac.

[​IMG]

Gonna have some of this stuff on it.

[​IMG]

7. jonnycola

jonnycola

55 to 62 engines fit that profile.

Hey Myke, what kind of 6x2 is that?

8. myke

myke
    from SoCal

It's an offenhauser.

9. Markgyver

Markgyver

There is the "Boogie Man" Intake Which you can machine the top to take any carb combo you can imagine. The only down side Is that the plenum area is so large it causes you engine to lag. But there are some fixes for that.
    Check out "Porters"
    http://www.cadillacperformanceparts.com

Attached Files: