Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical The Chrisman Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Dec 19, 2008.

1. edjusticejr

edjusticejr
    from Duarte, CA

Hey guys,

If you're a Art Chrisman or Chrisman Family fan, check out www.thechrismanlegacy.com for information on a new book that is being published on the whole Chrisman family legacy. Father Evert, sons Art and Lloyd and Uncle Jack.

2. See the old mint green push truck ? That exact old truck is geeting built at Art's right now, pretty cool how he still has his old push truck.

3. TERPU

TERPU

Baddest coupe ever!

Tim

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

And back up for "auction" again this month........

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CA0810-96528&entryRow=194

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMQYeWr9uB8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMQYeWr9uB8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. derlogi

derlogi
    from Singapore

Here is one more pic of the Chrisman Coupe at Bonneville in 1953 from my own photos taken by C. O. Watters. I was there with Stanley Betz running his A Modified V-8 "60" '25 T roadster, the "Betz Louver City Special" 199A. ( pic attached) L-R: Bill Watters, driver, me @ 17 and Stanley

I recall how everyone there was in awe of the Chrisman's innovative design with the modular engine and drive line for easy switching of engines to run in different classes, not to mention the superb wokmanship and overall "bad-ass" look.

Also a pic of the Reed Bros. Ardun belly tank that Art's friend John Donaldson lost his life in the following year. Lerroy Nuemeyer drove it in '53, but was drafted into the Army so John got the ride. John was a tall slender guy , about 6'-6" and could barely get his shoulders in the cockpit which was catastrophic when he went upside down.

The last pic is me, @75, and my wife at The World Finals, Oct 2009, my fiirst return to Bonneville in 56 years, an awesome expreience. I know of no other venue in Motor Sport that has retained the same informal atmosphere, friendliness, and comaraderie as Bonneville. I spoke with guys whose dads I knew back in '53. SCTA deserves a lot of credit for keeping the atmosphere of the event much the same as it was a half century ago.

Dr. Jon R. Wagner
    Pensacola, Florida

Attached Files:

6. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks Jon for the pictures, that tank is very cool. Do you have any more pictures from back in the day's of Bonneville that you could post?

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

7. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

Check this out...Guaranteed you haven't seen this!

Click pic to play video! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

8. kocken

kocken
    from sweden

does anyone out there know what brown colour itis on the coupe

9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I beleive that Art said it was called " Sierra Gold" .

10. GaryC.

GaryC.

My painting of the coupe.

Attached Files: