Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Upstate NY

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RetroJoeG, Oct 9, 2012.

1. RetroJoeG

RetroJoeG
    from Upstate NY

Hey Everyone! I'm very excited to have found this site! I've loved classic cars and hot rods from the 40s through 60s since I was a kid. In 2003, I purchased a 1958 Buick Special 4-Door hardtop that I found on the side of the road for $400. I got her up and running, but couldn't figure out why she kept stalling out. I didn't know what I was doing and let the car sit for too long. Water got into the intake due to snow getting in a hole I neglected to cover up where hood trim was removed and now I find myself having the engine completely rebuilt. :(

I'm committed to making this car an eye-catching street rod when I'm done, but if I can avoid any other big mistakes by learning from those more experienced then I'm confident things will go much smoother! I look forward to everyone's input and hopefully being able to offer my own experiences, as well!

Rock On!

Joe

2. hallrods

hallrods

Welcome from Wisconsin

3. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

a 58 buick street rod ? i think i have heard everything now. lord help us

4. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa