Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars as lawn art...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exshelby, Apr 17, 2012.

1. exshelby

exshelby

I remember as a kid in the 60's, my cousin lived in 'farm country' of Ct. One of his neighbors had a T bucket stripped and buried in the ground to the running boards..it was in in his side yard and momma farmer had planted a garden around it. They let us kids sit in it and play 'car'..

Another farmer friend had a 'dump' way out past the barn and there sat a 40 Ford Pick up we played 'truck' in...

Anybody have any memories of 'lawn art'....

Is there any still out there??

kiwijeff and mitch 36 like this.
  2. Fenders

Fenders

A couple other threads on this... I've showed my yard art before...

Attached Files:

ct1932ford and kiwijeff like this.
  3. F&J

F&J

There is a T as front lawn art, not more than 3 miles from here...in Ct. Maybe it's a Ct tradition? :)

4. metal man

metal man

My front yard. Just to let people know they must be in the right place. I planted the tree after I built the house.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    BJR, camcrusher, ct1932ford and 3 others like this.

5. Dave50

Dave50

I like this 1

Attached Files:

6. Smokey2

Smokey2

Dave,
    Snow pic has'ta be one of my most favorites...............It goes with a picture I took Yrs ago at our club house( Early Ford v-8 Club , East Tenn R.G. )......about that much snow on our "about to fall over " Outhouse "..........
    What ? ..........No, We had Indoor Plumbing by then ! (ha ). Thanks fer tha' Pic

Smok'em, If You Got'em....

7. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

As a young boy I recall going fishing with my father in the mid to late `40's. Across the creek there were several old car shells lining the banks to prevent corrosion. As I recall they were teens/twentys vintage.

kiwijeff and Shutter Speed like this.
  8. I set this up in my back yard for a party once. I put the keg in the engine compartment. Stayed there until I moved.

[​IMG]

9. hahaha, that's exactly how I knew I was in the right place!

10. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Here's a couple in my yard.

Attached Files:

11. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

My buddy and I would play in a couple old 30's cars behind the local DX gas station (owner said it was okay).

12. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

my dad was just talking about this yesterday. grew up out in the boonies in far northwestern missouri. said there were several 1930's cars down in the woods back in the 50's and they used to play in, on and around them every day.

13. [​IMG]

It looks like someone left the lights on and the battery is almost dead

14. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

If I had a large enuf place, I have always thought that a large (like the Spartan in "The Long long trailer") travel trailer could serve as guest housing. I'd have an old pre-war truck hooked up as if it's pulling it, left turn signal slowly flashing and running lamps and headlights on for yard illumination. Of course flowers or veggies growing in the bed!

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  15. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Here is my backyard.... the junk positioned in the yard is a nice transition to the projects parked in front of the garage. It kinda make them look like intentional yard art also...31 pickup, 50 ford coupe and 59 land rover.

[​IMG]

16. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

my wife seems to tell me that all of my projects are yard art. If only she could understand this addiction

hemihotrod66 likes this.
  17. 33Mopar

33Mopar
    from Ill.

My NEW girlfriend said I had 17 in the back yard, but I don't think she got all the way to the back of the property. :)

18. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Got a couple planted out by the road.Wanted a tank but this was all she would allow...the AD truck.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      548.1 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      538.3 KB
      Views:
  19. Another snow photo..

[​IMG]

And this is what the old sedan yard art looked like after we put it together around a tree several years ago before I installed the lights.HRP

[​IMG]

20. jazz1

jazz1

They are starting to congregate

[​IMG]

ct1932ford and 1morecarIpromise! like this.
  21. NoRodFXR

NoRodFXR

OH! It's yard art!

I've seen cars and trucks like this for years. From Maryland to Florida to North Carolina.
    I always thought it was called "Nope it's not for sale. I'm gonna restore it someday."

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

22. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My pal Dick's brother Dave lived in Felton, (Santa Cruz mountains) had a big old spread with a magnificent 1890 barn, quite solid.
    In the front yard, there was a flathead V8 engine, the 'dudes' would be over there drinking beer, and most would 'whiz' on the poor old flathead.
    I went up there to visit with Dave, and to ask if I could store my just-bought Karmann Ghia there for a month. I took a look at this flattie everybody had been relieving themselves over...Mostly complete, it was a '47-'48, but a 59L!!! (Canadian)
    Dave said I could leave the car, but would I please remove that damned engine for him?
    I took it, steam cleaned it, and tore it down. Trip up to Modesto and had Rettig Bros. bore it to my new JE 5/16" pistons, and deck it .020".
    Great runner, 5/16 by 1/4. (276) My '29 Hiboy loved it.
    "Aren't you worried about all that urine that thing saw?"
    My answer: "Piss on it,"

24. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

25. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

26. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. 392

If free I’d entertain it. Otherwise no.

28. boogiewall.png IMG_20200620_195940017.jpg hudson pickem up.jpg This old Studebaker pickem up truck is siting in the front yard, just north a couple miles of Cedar, MI, on E. Gadzke Rd. A historic flower pot
    My son's Murrey T-bird pedal car impounded and turned into a flower pot after being
    caught drag racing Teddy Z .
    Boogie Man's trophy wall in his backyard...lots of kool cast offs hanging here

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  29. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

Seems a waste of a buildable AD truck.

Still cool. Rather it be there than crushed.

chryslerfan55 likes this.