Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family Ryan.

3. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

+1. Thanks Ryan for giving us these forums to go to enjoy our hobbies.

And thanks also for running them "right" from my point of view i.e. keeping the politics and name calling out of them. Encouraging us to just share as though we were guys that all lived down the block from each other and had similar interests.

4. Ryan,
    Take a well deserved rest and spend some time with the family. My best to you and yours.

A lot of the time I am sure that I could or would say that I am thankful for this place it is my real contact with the outside world. But today just let me say that I appreciate you.

Get some rest and enjoy the holiday.

Benno

5. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

happy thanksgiving to you and yours also. while i don't consider myself a genious by any stretch of the imagination, i consider smart enough or maybe just lucky enough to have gone into a pretty much recession proof field of business, and have hired a decent array of misfits that will do basically anything i ask them to do. and that includes working this coming friday and saturday. not smart enough to work less, but smart enough to work while the work is there. that's what i'm thankful for, enjoy.

6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Excellent piece.

I also took a career path doing what I liked, where the whole thing is fun. Very grateful for that. Retirement's even better!

All the best to you and your family Ryan.

7. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Happy Thanksgiving! Everyone go take your Hot Rod for a ride tomorrow.

8. Jagnorb

Jagnorb

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow HAMBers!

9. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours...and to all fellow HAMB members!

This is a special holiday for me. I get to spend a great day with friends and family and I get the chance to sit down and eat a great meal among great conversation, memories, and stories being shared. In recent years the Thanksgiving holidays have been overshaddowed by Black Friday and the impending Christmas season. Dont get me wrong, i love Christmas and everything that comes with it but as American's, Thanksgiving is one holiday we should pay closer attention to.

Through this poor economy and all of the hardships many of us have had to endure with personal and financial struggles....we should all be thankful for what we have each and every day.

I'm so very blessed and thankful to be fortunate enough to grow up surrounded by a great family, to be able to graduate from a great school and to have such great friends in my life. I am thankful for this great country, and for the meal(s) i will be eating tomorrow. I feel blessed to have gotten the opportunities to show great horses and great cattle in my lifetime.... you'd be surprised how many great people these animals have brought into my life and how many smiles they have put on my face:cool:.

I am thankful for my other half; he keeps me sane and treats me the way every lady should be treated...and he puts up with my crap; thanks dear. I'm thankful for my struggles in recent years. Why?...because struggles make a person stronger. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to work everyday. It means a lot to have great co-workers and a paycheck every week. I'm thankful for the HAMB forums and all of the people here because without them; we wouldnt own a '36 ford and '50 Plymouth. I'm thankful for the simple things: my warm bed at night, a hot shower, and a nice vehice to drive everyday, the clothes on my back and the option to eat whatever i want. Amidst this struggling economy, even the folks with very little forget to be thankful for how much they really have.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow HAMB members. We have so much to be thankful for :)

10. Silverado85

Silverado85

Ryan,

Thanks for all you do at the HAMB. Happy Thanksgiving!

11. silverdome

silverdome

I thank the Lord for all I've been blessed with including this place and the people who bring it to us and give help and advice in more matters and including old cars.

12. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Well said Farmergal.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all.

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Nice piece Ryan....I for one appreciate all the time and effort that you and your friends put into this place and it's relatives....for those of us who have chosen to exile ourselves to calmer and quieter locals..... it certainly gives us the opportunity to keep in touch and informed about what's happening all over the world...for that I am forever grateful!...........HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

14. Dave50

Dave50

Happy Thanksgiving to you Ryan and all the sponsors and the board members I am thankful for this board and its members i have met alot of great people and enjoy my time here and the people.

15. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Happy Thanksgiving Ryan, and to all on here.

16. All the best to you and your family Ryan and the HambFam

17. Happy Thanksgiving Ryan,
    Eats some turkey and eats some road!!! ... but most of all, grab that little guy and his mamma, and hold 'em tight and have a great week end!

[​IMG]

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family, Ryan.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all here on the HAMB.

Love and respect,
    John Kennedy

19. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Looking forward to some turkey and HAMB! :D

20. erlomd

erlomd

Happy thanksgiving everybody!
    I guess the most I'm thankfully for is finally finishing up my 6 year run in a foreign medical school...
    Can't wait to get back to civilization and working on the hot rod as we all deserve to do.
    Thanks everyone for all the cool posts and keeping this year a hot rod of a year

21. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Ryan,

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your Family, and, H.A.M.B. Crew ! Thanks for "keepin' the lights on" 24/7/365.

And, to ALL of my H.A.M.B. Friends...the very same to you & yours !

I'm so very thankful for my late Dad, Bill Edwards, and, Don Ferrara (See my Birthday Thread on Don). If it weren't for both of them you might not be reading these words of mine today.

My best to all of you...stay safe & ride on !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

22. Enjoy the weekend Ryan, we are all thankfull to the "garage" you have created

23. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice write up Ryan. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and all fellow HAMBER's.

24. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I agree, national ride day! I know I will. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

25. At the end of the day, I owe everything in my life to you guys – the folks the support me by reading my crap, posting their own crap, and putting up with other’s crap so gracefully. It’s impossible to take you all for granted and I can’t tell you fellas enough just how much I appreciate you – Alliance members, regular members… All of you. Thank you.

Look at this,,you made me blush!
    I'm pretty thankful that you came up with the idea of the web site,,all your hard work has payed off EVEN WITH ALL THE CRAP!:D HRP

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  26. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I also am thankful for a job I love to do and a wife who likes to help with my hobby.

27. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

A Big Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow HAMBers and thanks to Ryan and friends for all their work to let us learn, vent, view, laugh etc.
    As for going for a ride, the weather up in New England looks like it's gonna be good, but my brother and I have already started the tear down on my coupe, so that's out !!!! Spring is a loooong way off. :mad::mad:

28. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thank you Ryan

29. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Very thankful for what i have and for the great folks on this site. Happy thanksgiving!

30. Happy Thanksgiving to Ryan and Family, including all those in the HAMB Family south of the border, since our Thanksgiving was weeks ago.:D